The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

On 11/29/2018 at 6:09 AM, MirceaKitsune said:

It did make me very curious to ask something: Is there any chance of ever seeing this campaign finished or continued in any form? In the third and currently last mission, your objective is to return to the city, implying there should be more stuff left to do... however that's where the campaign ends abruptly, with no actual resolution to the story. I know it's been a long time so its developers might not even be around, but this honestly feels like something that could be picked up and made to go on a bit longer if anyone was to consider it.

I absolutely want to say the same: the story is great but lacks resolution!

After three missions around the same three characters, I started to care. And when I return to the starting position of the last map after finishing objectives (which is a bit boring but normal for TDM), I expect to see some conclusion.

• What happened to archbishop? (maybe it was said somewhere but I don't remember)
  • What happened to protagonist?
  • What does he thinks about the latest events?
  • Did he managed to leave the city and how?

In fact, protagonist says concluding words at the beginning of mission 3, before some major events happen, and hours before you finish game.

Maybe this was a result of TDM limitations, e.g. no debriefings at that time.
With 2.10, it is possible to add a debriefing video at the end of the last mission.
For some reason, there is no GUI-based debriefing right now, but we can add it in 2.11 if desired. That would make briefing/debriefing symmetric.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Hello, I'm stuck at the end of the first mission.

Spoiler

In the archbishop's room I can't obtain the letter, every video I've watched is on a previous version and the layout is different.

Eventually I tried noclip and found the hidden room but I'd rather open the secret door normally. Even knowing that I still can't find the switch, can anyone tell me where it is ?

1 hour ago, Wronschien said:

Hello, I'm stuck at the end of the first mission.

Hide contents

In the archbishop's room I can't obtain the letter, every video I've watched is on a previous version and the layout is different.

Eventually I tried noclip and found the hidden room but I'd rather open the secret door normally. Even knowing that I still can't find the switch, can anyone tell me where it is ?

Spoiler

I don't remember well this mission, but I think that you can find the switch in the Book shelf, which open a secret room

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 2 months later...

Absolutely beautiful mission. (And I hear even campaign? 😍) I also was a little stuck at the end of the first mission, but got it eventually. Now looking forward to the rest!

Edited by Nico A.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was also stuck at the end of the first mission. I was all over that room and even tried noclipping because I thought it was a glitch or something but fabulous mission so far. Looking back it is obvious that it must be there but I was looking around for hours going back and forth in the whole level. There is another letter on the floor of the other area, the study? and I thought it had fallen just out of reach.

• 4 months later...

I had a little difficulty in the second mission.

Spoiler

In the warehouse, I found a box in which there is a locked jewelry box that needs a key. WHERE'S THE DAMN KEY?! I literally searched everything that my eyes and my parkour skills could reach.

P.S English is not my native language. So please refrain from slang and abbreviations, I probably won't understand them

19 hours ago, BozoBox said:

I had a little difficulty in the second mission.

Reveal hidden contents

In the warehouse, I found a box in which there is a locked jewelry box that needs a key. WHERE'S THE DAMN KEY?! I literally searched everything that my eyes and my parkour skills could reach.

P.S English is not my native language. So please refrain from slang and abbreviations, I probably won't understand them

Spoiler

There is an upstairs apartment in the building behind the Broken Broadsword Inn (pub) where the key can be found.

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

On 12/20/2021 at 2:23 PM, stgatilov said:

For some reason, there is no GUI-based debriefing right now, but we can add it in 2.11 if desired. That would make briefing/debriefing symmetric.

Did this ever happen?  I would like that...