The Dark Mod Forums

broken wrist

Baddcog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer. I hope for a quick recovery.

When we hurt limbs back in my day, we'd paint designs on our casts.

You have a chance to do a Darkmod theme. :ph34r:

But maybe that's a little too hard core. :laugh:

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

:( Oh man, dude!! I hope for a speedy recovery VERY soon. We'll miss you. Aren't you too old to be doing that? ;)

/me has flash back to in-line skates, landing on left elbow, balloon time.

tabbing thru foru taks loooong time

sounds like a couple weeks recovery

never too old :) well broken bones tes, fun no. i wanna be that 100 yr old guy who still has fun rather than 40 yr old that has none :)

funny though, modern medicine while good for this stuff is plain silly.got me on a machine that goes on alarm if my oxegen goes low which has been evry 3 minutes because my resting heart rate is 60, like they don't understand i'm in good shape. too used to patients who can't even mange stairs i guees.

wouldn't let me make long distance call..i can see haviing some kind of lock,but still, this.ll probably cost me 10,000, let me make a damn call without red tape, sheesh.

well, bed time almost.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Ouch! Hope you get well soon!

Remember, if you sneak out at night, don't wear a dark hood, in a hospital environment you will blend much better in in a white nighty!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

My best friend was getting pretty good at the ole skateboard in his mid-twenties. He was always visiting skate parks and centers. One day, in a parking-lot near his apartment he went to grind a small curb and fell backwards to fracture his skull. He has been pretty shy about 'boarding ever since.

Be careful.

And

Get well soon.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

yeah, i'll be back in there, if you don't get back up and try again it beat you.

jut gonna have to invest in another pair of wrist guards. ironically i was talking to another skater about that...righ before, durrp.

and NO cast , i never get one, bone poked through both times.

Ah man BC, I sympathies with broken wrists, so annoying.

When I was a kid I managed to fall out of a tree doing something blatantly stupid and for some reason tried to break my fall with my hands, which resulted in one broken wrist and one sprained wrist. The pain wasnt too bad, but it was more just how bloody annoying it was to be so limited for a few weeks!

So hope it mends up well and all the rest.

ouch, both hands at once! that's gotta make life tough,i've done one wrist(little tough but i can still do stuuf like drive (automatic).

and one leg, i think that was worse, crutches occupy both hands, try to get anything done for 4 months on one lewg and limited hands use...that's hard.

i did find a liitle mouse dial and buttons on this keyboard, so it's better than tab.

Are you left handed? Just curious, tabbing might be a pain if your left handed. Oh enjoy the drugs for a bit, and relax. Hope you can sleep tonight.

actually funny you asked, my mom had read child rearing books back in the 70's that said you should influene children to use their right hands if they are left handed, which i was.

i honestly think it's better for nature to just run it's course..

but i'm mainly right handed today, although i'm fairly ambidexctrous for most things, even re-learned to write left hand some years back, though it is very sloppy.

=====

Doc just visited and i got pics of the work. said therte were actually quite a few more pieces than the first xray showed. but went together well and looks good.

a T plate and 10 screws.

be in a permanant brace for 3 weeks, then temp brace for a few more so I can start moving it around.

don't think i'll be on the comp too much, this one handedtyping is tough. but i'll get some scans up this week.

a T plate and 10 screws.

Will they attach the lasers and the hydraulics this week, or later? :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Is it anything like this bad boy? From Gizmodo

prosthetic14.jpg

When I saw that, I thought "now this is something the TDM inventors guild needs". wub.gif

Sorry to hear about your wrist BC. I sprained mine when falling off a roof as a kid, hurt like hell, but I've never broken anything, touch wood. At least since you're ambidextrous you can still do most things. Hope you heal up soon.

I googled it and the first hit was this thread, lol.

Probably something like "be well" or "best wishes for ... a ... safe .... or speedy ....... recovery?"

By jove I think I got it.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

xray pic as promised.

blackjack wrist reinforcement item #1337

post-1981-12856900826_thumb.jpg

:)

Btw, did you wear these hand protectors? And if not, would they have helped? Also, are you allowed your own computer in hospital or are you at home already?