The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.06

grayman

Strange.

That DLL comes with the VC++ 2013 package. We typically include it in Dark Radiant portable.

There was a discussion about whether we would do the same with 2.06 or hard link the library.

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4595

To my knowledge the plan was to include the DLL but recent SVN builds has worked without it until now.

If you don't wanna wait, you could download the portable Dark Radiant build and copy the VC++ DLL's to

your darkmod install directory. Or install VC++ 2013 redistributable. Though the latter would

hide any future changes\fixes.

My Windows 7 certainly lost its virginity some years ago. But i may indeed miss that redistributable as i use Windows for games only - so if no game ever wanted it, it probably is not there. But last package worked fine (at least the x64 version - never touched the legacy x32).

I will wait for the next package and report whether it fixes the issues for legacy and x64.

That's debug dll and it should not be installed on an average PC.

The build is invalid. Solution clean and rebuild is necessary in this case.

I do have MS VC++ 2013 installed, both version 12.0.21005 x64 and 12.0.30501 x64. Maybe that's the problem?

Nope. Apparently, for x64 it's just a bad build.

Another package build is available.

There is no content change from yesterday's build.

I rebuilt the Windows binaries from scratch. Size-wise, the x64 binary was the same size as yesterday's, though SVN did tag today's as different than yesterday's.

For me, both yesterday and today, after updating my copy of 2.05 to 2.06, neither x64 game binary was in Debug format.

For folks who are getting the "missing library" message, and who haven't applied some type of workaround, please re-update and see if the problem goes away.

If it doesn't, I'm at a loss as to why this should suddenly be happening.

• Like 2

ElZoido - probably video memory.

--

here: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/19059-linux-black-screen-on-startup/

"I installed 'libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:i386', and changed the 'seta sys_videoRam' from "0" to "256". I can now see the Main Menu and get into the 'Training Mission'."

Edited by teh_saccade

Sadly, on Linux I'm still having the black screen issue.

Will gladly provide additional info, if someone is interested.

Let's try to set versions manually.

Go to into tdm_base01.pk4 (it's just a zip archive), then go to glprogs/.

Now you need to set "#version 130" at the beginning of each .vp or .fp file where it is not present.

Where #version line is already set, change the number after it to 130.

WARNING:shaderCompileFromFile(glprogs/shadowMap.gs) validation

0SS�Z$��V��V�`���������<

Absolutely no idea what this means.

If graphics still does not work after setting all versions as described above, try to delete the shadowMap.gs file inside glprogs.

ElZoido - probably video memory.

--

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't seem to change anything for me.

Let's try to set versions manually.

Go to into tdm_base01.pk4 (it's just a zip archive), then go to glprogs/.

Now you need to set "#version 130" at the beginning of each .vp or .fp file where it is not present.

Where #version line is already set, change the number after it to 130.

Do you mean .vfp files? Because there's only one .vp file and not a single .fp.

Do you mean .vfp files? Because there's only one .vp file and not a single .fp.

No, I mean files with .vs and .fs extensions, not the ones with 'P' at the end.

Sorry for the error: there is 'S' instead of 'P'.

Hmm.. Is it just me, or loading times have decreased with 2.06? Especially when a mission is unpacked from pk4. Is that due to multi-core support? Anyway, it's great :)

Yes.

That is the purpose of all the repacking mess at least.

• Like 1

15102 - 4683: Shader-level ambient cubic light falloff (duzenko)

15103 - 4685: Fix for overfogged translucent surfaces (duzenko)

15104 – 4684: Change warp material shader to heatHaze (duzenko)

1) I can confirm that the scissor issue is gone now and cubic lights have proper falloff. I still would like an example lightDef with "lightFalloffCubeMap", as it's not recognized as a proper token no matter where I put it in my material.

2) I have added a note on mantis about this fix. It works great but it disables warp materials and possibly other fragment programs (couldn't think of any to try besides heathaze that's in water and glass materials).

3) I can confirm that nothing's really changed wrt heatHaze and it still distorts objects in front of it. I don't know if I should reopen that bugtracker, since this is technically still an issue with heatHaze rather than heatHazewithDepth being replaced.

Can the "dmap CTD" and "player inputs moving slower with lower framerates" bugs get addressed at some point? I only explicitly ask here because they're pretty major and I get an inkling that the beta testing phase is going to wind down soon (iirc it was about two months for 2.05). I don't want these to get skipped over.

e: http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4673 can be safely marked as resolved now, it's been fine for about 2 update packages.

Edited by Spooks
  • Like 1

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

Can the dmap

Marked bug to fix in 2.06.

Being worked on.

and "player inputs moving slower with lower framerates" bugs get addressed at some point?

Assigned and requested for 2.06, since it appears to be affected by fps, which was uncapped in 2.06.

I get an inkling that the beta testing phase is going to wind down soon (iirc it was about two months for 2.05).

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

post-3633-0-48191100-1512571098_thumb.jpg

Yeah, this is gonna be a longer beta.

Large number of missions, large number of code changes.

I think the FPS vs input speed issue is a consequence of the multi-core patch.

I'll have to check whether com_smp 0 fixes it when I get home (I don't think it will.)

Does com_asyncInput 0 vs 1 change the behavior?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

com_asyncInput doesn't seem to affect it, no. For the record I have com_smp set to zero anyway, since the mutlicore support introduces major stuttering on my system.

*3 months for 2.05 beta, I checked :P Stay strong out there.

• Like 1

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

The input lag bug is assigned to me but I don't really understand it - I just don't notice it.

If you had access to svn I could fiddle with code and get instant feedback but going through the beta package process is just too slow and painful.

The input lag bug is assigned to me but I don't really understand it - I just don't notice it.

If you had access to svn I could fiddle with code and get instant feedback but going through the beta package process is just too slow and painful.

You can try strafing face to the wall in a street or corridor, toggle the Multi-core enhancement and Uncap FPS to see the difference. There's also a difference between moving and looking around.

Which is?

It is the already posted "The Dark Mod has stopped working" with following problem details:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: TheDarkMod.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.1

Application Timestamp: 5a269e30

Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll

Fault Module Version: 12.0.40660.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 577e0f1e

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000ca4e5

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1031

Additional Information 1: 0a9e