The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position (2019/05/04)

6 hours ago, The Elusive One said:

You misunderstand, I know how to do it, but I don't have the objective at all. It is still hidden.

What do I have to do to get the objective in my list in the first place?

Ohh. I see. I wonder how you knew that you need to do it then. The objective is added once you read Caroline's journal. It is

in one of the three (or four? memory is fuzzy) desks in the main hallway of the top floor in the watch station. It should be in the one facing east unless my bearings are off. It's slightly hidden because it's wedged in on the right side. So it's not the paper report that's out in the open, there should be a book behind it in the desk.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Story:   A local Brooksdale alderman and childhood acquaintance of mine, Miles Harewell, 'happened' upon me last night down at my local tavern. Apparently, he has to defend his position on the borough

Thank you for the high praise! CoS 3 is coming along well, and will hopefully be able to live up to this mission while tying up the loose ends.

Another urban FM I absolutely loved. It was nice to see even more content and detail compared to the first part, including the extra challenges which were an unique idea. Some of the objectives requir

35 minutes ago, Bienie said:

Ohh. I see. I wonder how you knew that you need to do it then. The objective is added once you read Caroline's journal. It is

Reveal hidden contents

in one of the three (or four? memory is fuzzy) desks in the main hallway of the top floor in the watch station. It should be in the one facing east unless my bearings are off. It's slightly hidden because it's wedged in on the right side. So it's not the paper report that's out in the open, there should be a book behind it in the desk.

When the completionist challenge didn't check off, I eventually came here to see what I was missing. Your first post listed the objectives, so that's how I knew.

Unfortunately I have now done all main objectives (except returning home of course) and all 6 optional objectives that you list as required for the challenge, but the challenge objective does not tick off? Does the completionist challenge require all the other challenges to be done as well?

18 minutes ago, The Elusive One said:

When the completionist challenge didn't check off, I eventually came here to see what I was missing. Your first post listed the objectives, so that's how I knew.

Unfortunately I have now done all main objectives (except returning home of course) and all 6 optional objectives that you list as required for the challenge, but the challenge objective does not tick off? Does the completionist challenge require all the other challenges to be done as well?

The scroll for the completionist challenge says it I think: it will only tick off when you are close to home, basically when you go to the catwalk thing leading from the rooftops. Unfortunately that was the only good way I found at the time to implement it. For CoS 3 I have a new system that seems a bit more robust, and will tick off completed as soon as all side missions are completed. If I make an update on CoS 2 I will change it here as well. But for now, if all your side missions are complete (and no, the other challenges are not required as they would conflict), and you've made it to the balcony outside the home base and it didn't tick off, there must be a bug. If you haven't tried going there yet I would do that first.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

10 hours ago, Bienie said:

The scroll for the completionist challenge says it I think: it will only tick off when you are close to home, basically when you go to the catwalk thing leading from the rooftops. Unfortunately that was the only good way I found at the time to implement it. For CoS 3 I have a new system that seems a bit more robust, and will tick off completed as soon as all side missions are completed. If I make an update on CoS 2 I will change it here as well. But for now, if all your side missions are complete (and no, the other challenges are not required as they would conflict), and you've made it to the balcony outside the home base and it didn't tick off, there must be a bug. If you haven't tried going there yet I would do that first.

Went and stood on the balcony outside, no change. No matter, I know I did what's needed, that's good enough for me. 🙂

• Like 1
14 hours ago, The Elusive One said:

Went and stood on the balcony outside, no change. No matter, I know I did what's needed, that's good enough for me. 🙂

Ok, sorry you ran into a bug, I'll put it on the list for a potential update. I hope you enjoyed the mission!

My Fan Missions:

• 1 month later...

Niiiiiiiiiiice and secret-rich FM :D

Desk lever  bug here too.....

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 4 months later...

Absolutely loved playing through this mission, especially all the detail in the readables.

I found 8 of the secrets on my playthrough and came to this thread to get hints for the others.

One remaining thing I can't locate:

Spoiler

Lots of mentions about an optional objective regarding Warin (who I've already met and knocked out) but I can't figure out how to trigger the objective.

Edited by Clumsy Oaf
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Clumsy Oaf said:

One remaining thing I can't locate:

Reveal hidden contents

Lots of mentions about an optional objective regarding Warin (who I've already met and knocked out) but I can't figure out how to trigger the objective.

A bit more exploring and almost immediately I answered my own question. For anyone else needing a hint, I needed to

Spoiler

read a notice on the noticeboard next to the terrace of The Tender Rose.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely stellar mission. I love the little notice board side quest system. Very innovative. I have to try the astronomer's challenges yet. I did run into that game breaking lever bug. Very abrupt end to the immersion, though the mission is still one of the best. I initially thought that the note mentioning the code could be changed was some sort of hint and spent quite a whiles trying different things, rereading the readables and searching everywhere only to realize it was a bug in the end. Still, thanks for the work you did here. Missions like these are among my favorites.

EDIT: I figured out that it is connected to the "Open Doors on Unlock" option. You can see the effect in game by toggling it on or off and attempting to open the door both ways. If the option is on, as I prefer to play, then the door does not seem to work properly. If the option is set to on, as is default, then all works as intended.

Edited by ate0ate
  • Like 1
On 2/17/2021 at 6:09 AM, ate0ate said:

Absolutely stellar mission. I love the little notice board side quest system. Very innovative. I have to try the astronomer's challenges yet. I did run into that game breaking lever bug. Very abrupt end to the immersion, though the mission is still one of the best. I initially thought that the note mentioning the code could be changed was some sort of hint and spent quite a whiles trying different things, rereading the readables and searching everywhere only to realize it was a bug in the end. Still, thanks for the work you did here. Missions like these are among my favorites.

EDIT: I figured out that it is connected to the "Open Doors on Unlock" option. You can see the effect in game by toggling it on or off and attempting to open the door both ways. If the option is on, as I prefer to play, then the door does not seem to work properly. If the option is set to on, as is default, then all works as intended.

Thanks for the praise and the feedback! I thought I had fixed that lever thing... I know it's related to "open on unlock", unfortunately I designed the map without knowing how that setting even works. I'll keep it in mind, maybe soon I will get around to making an update.

My Fan Missions:

6 hours ago, Bienie said:

Thanks for the praise and the feedback! I thought I had fixed that lever thing... I know it's related to "open on unlock", unfortunately I designed the map without knowing how that setting even works. I'll keep it in mind, maybe soon I will get around to making an update.

Maybe there should be some kind of warning before the beginning of the mission so that the player enables "Open doors on unlock". 

I also ran into this bug when I first played that mission (amazing nevertheless), and spent a significant amount of time trying different things because I --just like ate0ate-- thought that the note mentioning that the code could be changed was some sort of hint :D 

• Like 1

The Dark Mod Database: https://tdmdb.com

I think that since either way it will require an update I'll just figure out a way that it will work with either setting to begin with. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

• Like 1

My Fan Missions: