The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bienie

Fan Mission: Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position (2019/05/04)

6 hours ago, The Elusive One said:

You misunderstand, I know how to do it, but I don't have the objective at all. It is still hidden.

What do I have to do to get the objective in my list in the first place?

Ohh. I see. I wonder how you knew that you need to do it then. The objective is added once you read Caroline's journal. It is

in one of the three (or four? memory is fuzzy) desks in the main hallway of the top floor in the watch station. It should be in the one facing east unless my bearings are off. It's slightly hidden because it's wedged in on the right side. So it's not the paper report that's out in the open, there should be a book behind it in the desk.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide [WIP]

35 minutes ago, Bienie said:

Ohh. I see. I wonder how you knew that you need to do it then. The objective is added once you read Caroline's journal. It is

Reveal hidden contents

in one of the three (or four? memory is fuzzy) desks in the main hallway of the top floor in the watch station. It should be in the one facing east unless my bearings are off. It's slightly hidden because it's wedged in on the right side. So it's not the paper report that's out in the open, there should be a book behind it in the desk.

When the completionist challenge didn't check off, I eventually came here to see what I was missing. Your first post listed the objectives, so that's how I knew.

Unfortunately I have now done all main objectives (except returning home of course) and all 6 optional objectives that you list as required for the challenge, but the challenge objective does not tick off? Does the completionist challenge require all the other challenges to be done as well?

18 minutes ago, The Elusive One said:

When the completionist challenge didn't check off, I eventually came here to see what I was missing. Your first post listed the objectives, so that's how I knew.

Unfortunately I have now done all main objectives (except returning home of course) and all 6 optional objectives that you list as required for the challenge, but the challenge objective does not tick off? Does the completionist challenge require all the other challenges to be done as well?

The scroll for the completionist challenge says it I think: it will only tick off when you are close to home, basically when you go to the catwalk thing leading from the rooftops. Unfortunately that was the only good way I found at the time to implement it. For CoS 3 I have a new system that seems a bit more robust, and will tick off completed as soon as all side missions are completed. If I make an update on CoS 2 I will change it here as well. But for now, if all your side missions are complete (and no, the other challenges are not required as they would conflict), and you've made it to the balcony outside the home base and it didn't tick off, there must be a bug. If you haven't tried going there yet I would do that first.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

10 hours ago, Bienie said:

The scroll for the completionist challenge says it I think: it will only tick off when you are close to home, basically when you go to the catwalk thing leading from the rooftops. Unfortunately that was the only good way I found at the time to implement it. For CoS 3 I have a new system that seems a bit more robust, and will tick off completed as soon as all side missions are completed. If I make an update on CoS 2 I will change it here as well. But for now, if all your side missions are complete (and no, the other challenges are not required as they would conflict), and you've made it to the balcony outside the home base and it didn't tick off, there must be a bug. If you haven't tried going there yet I would do that first.

Went and stood on the balcony outside, no change. No matter, I know I did what's needed, that's good enough for me. 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Elusive One said:

Went and stood on the balcony outside, no change. No matter, I know I did what's needed, that's good enough for me. 🙂

Ok, sorry you ran into a bug, I'll put it on the list for a potential update. I hope you enjoyed the mission!

My Fan Missions: