The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: The Lost Citadel (23/07/2020)

JackFarmer

On 8/6/2020 at 6:10 PM, STRUNK said:

Great mission. I love puzzly stuff. Atmosphere is great in all parts, but the Citadel is just amazing : )

Reveal hidden contents

Had to look here for the bomb solution and couldn't grab 1 of the four things in the Chapel, but after leaving the room and getting back in I could grab it and got the objective completed. In the Prison there were a lot of "seems" going on. I played version 2.

Without your help, this would have not been possible. Thanks a lot for your help, once again! :)

Jack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

& you think you're the dummies?

I got the station map, but now I don't know where to go ?? Knocked everyone out inside and out. Obviously I'm missing something. Found 2 locked doors. 1 on the roof & the other inside somewhere. Where are the keys to those? Is that where I need to go to move on? Where's the airlock?

Are there any fire arrows in this mission to to stop the annoying robots?

Edited by Acolytesix

8 hours ago, Acolytesix said:

& you think you're the dummies?

I got the station map, but now I don't know where to go ?? Knocked everyone out inside and out. Obviously I'm missing something. Found 2 locked doors. 1 on the roof & the other inside somewhere. Where are the keys to those? Is that where I need to go to move on? Where's the airlock?

Are there any fire arrows in this mission to to stop the annoying robots?

Hint:

The first fire arrows will be available after a certain task in Part III (The Caves) has been executed.

For the locked doors:

1. Check the groundfloor office (desk)

2. Check the basement office (trunk)

3. Check the guard patrolling the roof and the first floor - he carries something

4. Check the basement storage room that is reachable through the maintenance tunnel - it includes a very special item allowing you to start operation of a device located on the roof.

----------------------------

In general: There are two ways to pass through the weir.

Edited by JackFarmer

1 hour ago, JackFarmer said:

Hint:

Hide contents

The first fire arrows will be available after a certain task in Part III (The Caves) has been executed.

For the locked doors:

1. Check the groundfloor office (desk)

2. Check the basement office (trunk)

3. Check the guard patrolling the roof and the first floor - he carries something

4. Check the basement storage room that is reachable through the maintenance tunnel - it includes a very special item allowing you to start operation of a device located on the roof.

----------------------------

In general: There are two ways to pass through the weir.

I have the Lock & Storage keys. They haven't opened anything yet. 

I found a bug by mistake. When I started playing today I forgot I wasn't supposed to kill Anybody.😈 When I got to the dock at the lake I climbed up on the dock while they kept talking and shot the archer in the head and he died without bothering the objectives. The guy without the torch had to get ko'd. Just say'n :) 

Can you give me a hint on where the code is to the living area? The  blinking blue hallway doesnn't have the same code. Got

Spoiler

for the hopper. Cool sub btw. Is it in the lab or do I have to go way back to the mansion

1 hour ago, Acolytesix said:

I found a bug by mistake. When I started playing today I forgot I wasn't supposed to kill Anybody.😈 When I got to the dock at the lake I climbed up on the dock while they kept talking and shot the archer in the head and he died without bothering the objectives. The guy without the torch had to get ko'd. Just say'n :) 

Can you give me a hint on where the code is to the living area? The  blinking blue hallway doesnn't have the same code. Got

Hide contents

for the hopper. Cool sub btw. Is it in the lab or do I have to go way back to the mansion

hint:

You can find a readable with the code in one of the lockers in the scanner room. It is Edmund;s locker.

[/spoiler)

18 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Hint:

Hide contents

You need to solve the puzzle in the ritual room at first and then you have to to explore the chapel...

Reveal hidden contents

the way the spoilers are nested, I can't read your second hint.

I've completed three combinations, still missing the top bar (Borden I believe)

6 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

the way the spoilers are nested, I can't read your second hint.

I've completed three combinations, still missing the top bar (Borden I believe)

Borden, the Brutal - hint:

The relevant ritual picture combination for Borden the Brutal can be found in the court area.

20 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Borden, the Brutal - hint:

thank you, I forgot about that door. There is a chest in the office that doesn't open, but maybe I'll find a key.

I made it into the chapel, saved, had to reload, and had another crash (program froze, had to use task manager to quit)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zhROjrIeb5DpGG9BL2BkUdKoFWF2BWK2?usp=sharing

edit: I did not find a key for the chest in the court office

there were several chests in the quarters that contained items I could not frob, were any of those

Spoiler

the missing books of the true believers? I have 1-3

Also, before I leave, what do I do with the three special items for the 

Spoiler

scepter?

Edited by MrMunkeepants
progress

4 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

thank you, I forgot about that door. There is a chest in the office that doesn't open, but maybe I'll find a key.

I made it into the chapel, saved, had to reload, and had another crash (program froze, had to use task manager to quit)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zhROjrIeb5DpGG9BL2BkUdKoFWF2BWK2?usp=sharing

edit: I did not find a key for the chest in the court office

Do you play version 1 or 2 of the game? The problem has been fixed in version 2. However, the chest in question has no relevance on completing the mission.

there were several chests in the quarters that contained items I could not frob, were any of those

Hide contents

the missing books of the true believers? I have 1-3

Locations of the books:

- one can be found in one of the offices in the court area

- two can be found in a room in the quarters

- one can be found in the library

Also, before I leave, what do I do with the three special items for the 

Reveal hidden contents

scepter?

Return to the caves and search for a flooded area with a skeleton patrolling it. Here you need the special items to complete an optional task.

Edited by JackFarmer

I have been playing ver1. I thought I was too far along to make it worth restarting, but knowing now how big this mission is, I should have.

thank you for sharing your hard work with this one; I found it to not be my cup of tea (large areas to traverse, my least favorite AI, lots of hunting for clues to obscure puzzles) so I appreciate the extra help getting through.

Thank's for this great mission. Lots of riddles, surprises, great moods and a nice storyline and setting. Some riddles where really hard, tho.

Anyway, I an stuck on how to climb

Spoiler

back from the 2 fireelementals on the left without injury.

When I noclip aound this issue I am stuck entering

Spoiler

the 2 areas left and right behind the main entrance. I can not fit through the space between the rock and the wall on the left, and I can not jump over the hole on the right.

Btw picking the main gate

Spoiler

is really annoying. Is there a key I missed?

Thnx @ all

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hanmin said:

Btw picking the main gate

Reveal hidden contents

is really annoying. Is there a key I missed?

Comment:

That was intentional because the fire elementals were designated to clear the area enabling attack-free lock-picking in the first place

So, I finished this mission. Excellent but parts are really difficult.

The only thing I could not find out is how to get into

Spoiler

the radio room or on it's roof. I can't climb up the ballustrade.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:54 PM, JackFarmer said:

Comment:

Reveal hidden contents

That was intentional because the fire elementals were designated to clear the area enabling attack-free lock-picking in the first place

I thought so. I only hoped there is a quicker way as I was trying to keep game saves low.

To answer my own questions:

On 8/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, hanmin said:

Thank's for this great mission. Lots of riddles, surprises, great moods and a nice storyline and setting. Some riddles where really hard, tho.

Anyway, I an stuck on how to climb

Reveal hidden contents

back from the 2 fireelementals on the left without injury.

Spoiler

You climb the same way back as you came; under the flames. In the corner you jump on the big ledge.

On 8/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, hanmin said:

When I noclip aound this issue I am stuck entering

Hide contents

the 2 areas left and right behind the main entrance. I can not fit through the space between the rock and the wall on the left, and I can not jump over the hole on the right.

Spoiler

The part on the right can be reached via a small rim on the left over the big hole in the ground.
The part on the left is reached if you turn left right after the entrance and frob the button from behind.

Thnx 2 everyone involved to this great mission.

Edited by hanmin

Anyone else getting performance issues with this, loving the game but the framerate is making it very difficult to play, I'm getting headaches with the screen stuttering

Spoiler

I got to the caves area with the zombies & the fire elementals, the game was stuttering so much I eventually noclipped to let the fire elementals out just to see what would happen then went back to stand on the big rock at the entrance looking at the doors, I'll go & do it properly if I can sort the stutter problem

I got the console up & typed in "com_showfps 1", the number at top right varies between 8 & 12 fps depending on where I'm looking

Spoiler

The fire jets in the wall are around 8 fps, looking anywhere else is between 10 & 12

I went to the game settings menu & went through every video & advanced setting but nothing changed the framerate, it persistently stuck between 8 & 12 fps, any suggestions ?

My system info :

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8

Graphics: Quadro K600/PCIe/SSE2

Ram: 8Gb

3 hours ago, esme said:

Anyone else getting performance issues with this, loving the game but the framerate is making it very difficult to play, I'm getting headaches with the screen stuttering

Reveal hidden contents

I got to the caves area with the zombies & the fire elementals, the game was stuttering so much I eventually noclipped to let the fire elementals out just to see what would happen then went back to stand on the big rock at the entrance looking at the doors, I'll go & do it properly if I can sort the stutter problem

I got the console up & typed in "com_showfps 1", the number at top right varies between 8 & 12 fps depending on where I'm looking

Reveal hidden contents

The fire jets in the wall are around 8 fps, looking anywhere else is between 10 & 12

I went to the game settings menu & went through every video & advanced setting but nothing changed the framerate, it persistently stuck between 8 & 12 fps, any suggestions ?

My system info :

@nbohr1more

Could you please look if you can help?

4 hours ago, hanmin said:

So, I finished this mission. Excellent but parts are really difficult.

The only thing I could not find out is how to get into

Reveal hidden contents

the radio room or on it's roof. I can't climb up the ballustrade.

hint:

In the basement (storage room) you can find a fuse. The fuse can be put into the console of the crane that does not work.

With this crane it becomes possible to jump over the roof fence. When combining the function of both cranes, you are even able to reach the highest level of the area...

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, esme said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

My system info :

Please open a thread in the Tech Support forum:

https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/forum/58-tdm-tech-support/

and post your Darkmod.cfg

• Thanks 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Are you talking about note that said to look in locker I think Edmund's I did that but nothing in locker would highlight??

Looked in locker again and nothing will highlight ?  my install is up to date 2.08