The Dark Mod Forums

Development versions (2.12)

stgatilov

Thanks... wasn't sure if this one was even noticed and especially intentional. Only real issue I guess is it being goofy: Imagine having to shoulder a tiny rat,  both hands occupied so you can't use any weapons or items as you're forced to walk slowly... it's like trying to imagine someone needing all their strength to carry a pencil :D I don't believe it happened before either, IIRC picking up dead rats caused them to float in front of you like picking a vase before this change, hence I thought it's a new bug.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, MirceaKitsune said:

However I believe I also found a bug that was surely introduced by it: You can now pick up and mantle the bodies of dead mice.

In what mission is this? I've never encountered it, I know the spawnarg. I don't think that the ragdols have shoulderable set to 1 in the dev files. Otherwise I would've encountered it.

Edit: ok stupid to claim before checking I guess.

Edited by datiswous

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

In what mission is this? I've never encountered it, I know the spawnarg. I don't think that the ragdols have shoulderable set to 1 in the dev files. Otherwise I would've encountered it.

image.thumb.png.96fc31e1094a2dac1fca1b9e9aeb27bc.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frost_Salamander said:

image.thumb.png.96fc31e1094a2dac1fca1b9e9aeb27bc.png

Yes it's this way by default: I noticed it a FM I'm working on (not published yet) where I simply added the rat ragdoll with no extra spawnargs. I think rats and the small spider (not large ones) should disable it, unless any FM is known that relies on it and could break if we don't do this in which case I don't mind just making sure it's truly intentional.

Actually there would be an even better solution, though I'm not sure if by default it would be acceptable: Turn small creatures into an item including living ones! Frob them to pick up then drop them like you would any dropable inventory item, dead or alive they would proceed from there :D Only obvious problem I can see is if someone made a rat or small spider patrol using path_corner checkpoints, in which case dropping them far away would make them unable to find their patrol routes any longer... though in this case they'd just endlessly stand there and not upset anyone I guess?

Then again even fruit can't be picked up as items, you can only eat stuff like apples on the spot: That would need to be changed first, and like everything else it can be argued that it breaks existing expected behavior so likely won't happen.

10 minutes ago, MirceaKitsune said:

Actually there would be an even better solution, though I'm not sure if by default it would be acceptable: Turn small creatures into an item including living ones! Frob them to pick up then drop them like you would any dropable inventory item, dead or alive they would proceed from there :D Only obvious problem I can see is if someone made a rat or small spider patrol using path_corner checkpoints, in which case dropping them far away would make them unable to find their patrol routes any longer... though in this case they'd just endlessly stand there and not upset anyone I guess?

It's interesting for a mission objective: Let the rat loose in the guards area to distract them so that you can sneak past.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I beta tested A Night in Altham again and found a few engine related issues. First off the new "screenshot_viewpos" command doesn't actually show the viewpos, it makes the console appear in the screenshot but the view position doesn't make it in in the frame. Here is an image taken with this command:

altham_beta3(2023-11-1403-20-09)(6771.75-612_8444.29).thumb.jpg.f23ca9be059befbee3a41426d909ce5d.jpg

It doesn't seem like a clean solution to make the whole console appear anyway: I wonder if it's possible to make just the viewpos appear at the top of the render in a special display with this command.

Also this FM was a good occasion to test peeking. Thankfully it no longer crashes the engine on Linux or what the old problem was. Problem is that everything's black instead: You see nothing while peaking, just parts of the keyhole overlay and that's it. Thus peaking remains broken, whether this issue is also Linux only or not.

42 minutes ago, Daft Mugi said:

@stgatilov Found these oddly rendered plates: rev 10484 vs 10495.

training_missionr10484(14.83-2700.36220.25).thumb.jpg.1ceccfc891c638cc431520d3e9823d21.jpgtraining_missionr10495(16.47-2701.27220.25).thumb.jpg.1aa398397ce79e229d5f3af353759bed.jpg

I noticed the plate has that issue in every FM... strangely enough I didn't think to report it and my brain just accepted it as being a normal occurrence, especially since I think this one has been the case since TDM existed. Basically if you look at it from certain angles, that plate becomes fully bright. No idea if it's the reflection or something else.

May be related to another little anomaly I noticed: When a frobable item is located in front of a mirror and you look at it to make it bright, the reflected version is twice brighter. Here's a screenshot where me looking at the lock box is highlighting it and that's making it abnormally shiny in the reflection:

cos0_thief(2023-11-1305-34-03)(1170.79331.21-488.26).thumb.jpg.602099b29272ce8bdc9418fbdb81690e.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MirceaKitsune said:

It doesn't seem like a clean solution to make the whole console appear anyway: I wonder if it's possible to make just the viewpos appear at the top of the render in a special display with this command.

Yeah, it's not a perfect solution. I added "screenshot_viewpos" to TDM, but I'm no graphics programmer so my solution is subpar. If it is typed in the console, it doesn't work properly. It really must be bound to a key to work properly, and then it is acceptable and great. I use the following:

bind "F12" "screenshot"
bind "F11" "screenshot_viewpos"
bind "F10" "screenshot_viewpos 1.3"

The "1.3" above is the "r_ambientGamma" value.

5 minutes ago, Daft Mugi said:

Yeah, it's not a perfect solution. I added "screenshot_viewpos" to TDM, but I'm no graphics programmer so my solution is subpar. If it is typed in the console, it doesn't work properly. It really must be bound to a key to work properly, and then it is acceptable and great. I use the following:

bind "F12" "screenshot"
bind "F11" "screenshot_viewpos"
bind "F10" "screenshot_viewpos 1.3"

The "1.3" above is the "r_ambientGamma" value.

Oh, I understand now: I just opened the console typed screenshot_viewpos manually and pressed enter, didn't think of binding it to a key. It doesn't always work so just reporting so it's known, it is a good idea to have this command to share issues or map spoilers easily once it will work in every circumstance.

2 minutes ago, MirceaKitsune said:

It doesn't always work so just reporting so it's known

There shouldn't be any issues with it bound to a key. If you find any, please let me know.

During the beta phase, I'll take a look at it again to see if I can improve that issue with "screenshot_viewpos" being run at the console.

4 minutes ago, MirceaKitsune said:

it is a good idea to have this command to share issues or map spoilers easily once it will work in every circumstance.

Indeed. I've long wanted this command for those reasons. I hope you all enjoy it.

Also, I added "tdm_show_viewpos" cvar to toggle on/off the viewpos on the player HUD.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MirceaKitsune said:

You have not read what I posted (to you) before? I guess not.

bind "KP_SLASH" "con_noprint 0;wait;wait;wait;getviewpos;wait;wait;wait;screenshot;con_noprint 1"

Edited by datiswous
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Daft Mugi said:

Found these oddly rendered plates: rev 10484 vs 10495.

Shouldn't these (I cannot find them in DR) have a mirror effect applied, like models/darkmod/kitchen/tea_tray_silver2.ase ? I guess this is some brush with texture bc_teatray applied? Although this texture has the mirror effect applied.

Edited by datiswous

4 hours ago, datiswous said:

You have not read what I posted (to you) before? I guess not.

bind "KP_SLASH" "con_noprint 0;wait;wait;wait;getviewpos;wait;wait;wait;screenshot;con_noprint 1"

Sorry about that, I missed it indeed: I just noticed the command and my only thought was to use it from a console. At least I discovered a little bug by doing that :D Perhaps the key bind could be added by default, I'm not aware of F11 being used for anything else so it would make sense to just default that.

4 hours ago, datiswous said:

Shouldn't these (I cannot find them in DR) have a mirror effect applied, like models/darkmod/kitchen/tea_tray_silver2.ase ? I guess this is some brush with texture bc_teatray applied? Although this texture has the mirror effect applied.

That further explains it as I've had mirrors glitch on me like that. Typically horizontal mirrors or ones placed on brushes, I haven't tested thoroughly enough to know for sure especially recently. I remember trying to make a shiny floor using realtime mirrors, it would only work when seen from some angles then disappear or turn white like that once you looked from another direction or too parallel to the surface.

Does it make sense to have the plate as a mirror, if asking that doesn't go beyond the scope of this issue? It's so small that it could easily use the default reflection cubemap like some windows do. Namely considering that mirrors cause a second render to be produced and thus use up a lot of FPS.

Replaying CoS1: Pearls and Swine on latest dev. If I kill one of the guards with an arrow and he falls in a particular position as he dies, TDM crashes. Reproducing is tricky but I managed to catch the crash message in the qconsole.log at least:

Spoiler
log file 'qconsole.log' opened on Sat Nov 18 03:32:41 2023

execing DarkmodKeybinds.cfg
execing DarkmodPadbinds.cfg
Gamepad modifier button assigned to 11
execing autoexec.cfg
I18N: SetLanguage: 'english'.
I18N: Found no character remapping for english.
I18N: 1334 strings read from strings/english.lang
I18N: 'strings/fm/english.lang' not found.
----- Initializing OpenAL -----
Setup OpenAL device and context
OpenAL: found device 'ALSA Default' [ACTIVE]
OpenAL: found device 'HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0 (CARD=HDMI,DEV=3)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 1 (CARD=HDMI,DEV=7)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 2 (CARD=HDMI,DEV=8)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 3 (CARD=HDMI,DEV=9)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 4 (CARD=HDMI,DEV=10)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA ATI HDMI, LC24RG50 (CARD=HDMI,DEV=11)'
OpenAL: found device 'HD-Audio Generic, ALC1220 Analog (CARD=Generic,DEV=0)'
OpenAL: found device 'HD-Audio Generic, ALC1220 Digital (CARD=Generic,DEV=1)'
OpenAL: device 'ALSA Default' opened successfully
OpenAL: HRTF is available
OpenAL vendor: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.21.1
OpenAL: found EFX extension
OpenAL: HRTF is enabled (reason: 1 = ALC_HRTF_ENABLED_SOFT)
OpenAL: found 256 hardware voices
----- Initializing OpenGL -----
Initializing OpenGL display
Borderless fullscreen - using current video mode for monitor 0: 1920 x 1080
...initializing QGL

------- Input Initialization -------
------------------------------------
OpenGL vendor: AMD
OpenGL renderer: AMD Radeon RX 570 Series (polaris10, LLVM 16.0.6, DRM 3.54, 6.6.1-1-MANJARO)
OpenGL version: 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 23.1.9-manjaro1.1 core
Checking required OpenGL features...
v - using GL_VERSION_3_3
v - using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
Checking optional OpenGL extensions...
v - using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
    maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
v - using GL_ARB_stencil_texturing
v - using GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test
v - using GL_ARB_buffer_storage
v - using GL_ARB_texture_storage
v - using GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect
v - using GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding
X - GL_ARB_compatibility not found
v - using GL_KHR_debug
Max active texture units in fragment shader: 32
Max combined texture units: 192
Max anti-aliasing samples: 8
Max geometry output vertices: 256
Max geometry output components: 4095
Max vertex attribs: 16
---------- R_ReloadGLSLPrograms_f -----------
Linking GLSL program cubeMap ...
Linking GLSL program bumpyEnvironment ...
Linking GLSL program environment ...
Linking GLSL program fog ...
Linking GLSL program oldStage ...
Linking GLSL program blend ...
Linking GLSL program soft_particle ...
Linking GLSL program gaussian_blur ...
Linking GLSL program testImageCube ...
---------------------------------
Font fonts/english/stone in size 12 not found, using size 24 instead.
--------- Initializing Game ----------
The Dark Mod 2.12/64, linux-x86_64, code revision 10488
Build date: Nov  5 2023
Initializing event system
...873 event definitions
Initializing class hierarchy
...172 classes, 1732032 bytes for event callbacks
Initializing scripts
---------- Compile stats ----------

Memory usage:
     Strings: 59, 9464 bytes
  Statements: 23533, 941320 bytes
   Functions: 1369, 179012 bytes
   Variables: 109648 bytes
    Mem used: 2182368 bytes
 Static data: 408 bytes
   Allocated: 1168444 bytes
 Thread size: 7928 bytes

Maximum object size: 816
Largest object type name: speaker_zone_ambient
...6 aas types
game initialized.
--------------------------------------
Parsing material files
Found 0 new missions and 0 packages.
Found 182 mods in the FM folder.
Parsed 199 mission declarations.
No 'tdm_mapsequence.txt' file found for the current mod: pearlsnswine
-------- Initializing Session --------
session initialized
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
WARNING:file /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui, line 203: wrong number of arguments for script command set: 4 instead of [2..2], maybe missing semicolon?
Font fonts/english/stone in size 12 not found, using size 24 instead.
WARNING:unknown destination 'BriefingAnimation::visible' of set command at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:109
WARNING:resetTime target window 'BriefingAnimation' not found at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:110
WARNING:unknown destination 'BriefingAnimation::visible' of set command at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:134
WARNING:unknown destination 'BriefingAnimation::notime' of set command at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:135
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
------------- Warnings ---------------
during The Dark Mod initialization...
WARNING:file /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui, line 203: wrong number of arguments for script command set: 4 instead of [2..2], maybe missing semicolon?
WARNING:resetTime target window 'BriefingAnimation' not found at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:110
WARNING:unknown destination 'BriefingAnimation::notime' of set command at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:135
WARNING:unknown destination 'BriefingAnimation::visible' of set command at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:109
WARNING:unknown destination 'BriefingAnimation::visible' of set command at /fms/pearlsnswine/pearlsnswine.pk4/guis/mainmenu_briefing.gui:134
5 warnings
pid: 266442
Async thread started
Couldn't exec autocommands.cfg - file does not exist.
Linking GLSL program simple_texture_new ...
Linking GLSL program tonemap ...
Found 0 new missions and 0 packages.
Found 182 mods in the FM folder.
reloading guis/msg.gui.
reloading guis/mainmenu.gui.
--------- Map Initialization ---------
Map: pearls8
------- Game Map Init SaveGame -------

Memory usage:
     Strings: 60, 9560 bytes
  Statements: 23579, 943160 bytes
   Functions: 1375, 179636 bytes
   Variables: 110216 bytes
    Mem used: 2188600 bytes
   Allocated: 1172268 bytes

collision data:
   444 models
 41433 vertices (1294 KB)
 68699 edges (3220 KB)
 27648 polygons (2040 KB)
  3711 brushes (524 KB)
 16530 nodes (774 KB)
 56564 polygon refs (883 KB)
 17320 brush refs (270 KB)
 18666 internal edges
   692 sharp edges
     0 contained polygons removed
     0 polygons merged
  9009 KB total memory used
104 msec to load collision data.
map bounds are (5288.0, 4762.0, 3585.6)
   13 KB passage memory used to build PVS
    2 msec to calculate PVS
  105 areas
  238 portals
   10 areas visible on average
    1 KB PVS data
[Load AAS]
missing maps/pearls8.aas48
[Load AAS]
missing maps/pearls8.aas96
[Load AAS]
loading maps/pearls8.aas32
done.
[Load AAS]
missing maps/pearls8.aas100
[Load AAS]
loading maps/pearls8.aas_rat
done.
[Load AAS]
missing maps/pearls8.aas_elemental
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'sfx_going_past_curtain.wav' using default
  [map entity: speaker_4]
  [decl: sfx_going_past_curtain in <implicit file>]
  [sound: sfx_going_past_curtain.wav]
WARNING:ConvertLWOToModelSurfaces: model 'models/darkmod/furniture/covered/singlebed_set01_covered.lwo' has 56/2874 nontriangular polygons. Make sure you triplet it down
WARNING:Failed to fixup '$gui::title' in window 'Contents', replaced with zero
WARNING:Failed to fixup '' in window 'Contents', replaced with zero
No running thread for RestoreScriptObject(), creating new one.
----- idRenderModelManagerLocal::EndLevelLoad -----
    0 models purged from previous level,  1479 models kept.
---------------------------------------------------
----- idImageManager::EndLevelLoad -----
WARNING:Couldn't load image: default
  [map entity: func_static_782]
  [model: models/darkmod/architecture/modules/interior_set01_corner.lwo]
  [decl: default in <implicit file>]
  [image: default]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures_common_shadow
  [map entity: func_static_3082]
  [model: models/darkmod/furniture/covered/singlebed_set01_covered.lwo]
  [decl: textures_common_shadow in <implicit file>]
  [image: textures_common_shadow]
    0 purged from previous
  227 kept from previous
 2048 new loaded
all images loaded in   6.9 seconds
----------------------------------------
Linking GLSL program cubeMap ...
Linking GLSL program bumpyEnvironment ...
Linking GLSL program environment ...
Linking GLSL program fog ...
Linking GLSL program oldStage ...
Linking GLSL program blend ...
Linking GLSL program soft_particle ...
Linking GLSL program gaussian_blur ...
Linking GLSL program testImageCube ...
Linking GLSL program depth ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_ambient ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_stencil ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_shadowmap ...
Linking GLSL program stencil_shadow ...
Linking GLSL program shadow_map ...
Linking GLSL program simple_texture_new ...
Linking GLSL program soft_particle_new ...
Linking GLSL program environment_new ...
Linking GLSL program blend_light_new ...
Linking GLSL program fog_light_new ...
Linking GLSL program frob_silhouette ...
Linking GLSL program frob_highlight ...
Linking GLSL program frob_extrude ...
Linking GLSL program frob_apply ...
Linking GLSL program tonemap ...
Linking GLSL program HeatHazeWithMaskAndDepth ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithDepth ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithMaskAndDepth ...
Linking GLSL program heatHaze ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithMaskAndBlur ...
----- idSoundCache::EndLevelLoad -----
273463k referenced
 3632k purged
Loading EAX effect 'gallery' (#1)
Loading EAX effect 'ladybath' (#2)
WARNING:alEffectf(AL_EAXREVERB_ECHO_TIME, 0.060) failed: 0xa003
Loading EAX effect 'topfloor' (#3)
Loading EAX effect 'bottomfloor' (#4)
Loading EAX effect 'garden' (#5)
Loading EAX effect 'streetswest' (#6)
Loading EAX effect 'streetseast' (#7)
Loading EAX effect 'streetsnorth' (#8)
Loading EAX effect 'tunnel1' (#9)
Loading EAX effect 'tunnel2' (#10)
Loading EAX effect 'sewers1' (#11)
Loading EAX effect 'sewers2' (#12)
Loading EAX effect 'sewers3' (#13)
Loading EAX effect 'cellar' (#14)
Loading EAX effect 'annabelleapt' (#15)
Loading EAX effect 'inn' (#16)
Loading EAX effect 'piersapt' (#17)
Loading EAX effect 'paulapt' (#18)
Loading EAX effect 'cornwells' (#19)
Loading EAX effect 'willapt' (#20)
Loading EAX effect 'oliverapt' (#21)
Loading EAX effect 'corridor' (#22)
Loading EAX effect 'attic' (#23)
Loading EAX effect 'pub' (#24)
sound: found efxs/pearls8.efx
-----------------------------------
 11978 msec to load pearls8
Interaction table generated: size = 0/512
Initial counts:  5599 entities  243 lightDefs  4872 entityDefs
------------- Warnings ---------------
during pearls8...
WARNING:ConvertLWOToModelSurfaces: model 'models/darkmod/furniture/covered/singlebed_set01_covered.lwo' has 56/2874 nontriangular polygons. Make sure you triplet it down
WARNING:Couldn't load image: default
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures_common_shadow
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'sfx_going_past_curtain.wav' using default
WARNING:Failed to fixup '$gui::title' in window 'Contents', replaced with zero
WARNING:Failed to fixup '' in window 'Contents', replaced with zero
7 warnings
Initial counts:  5599 entities  243 lightDefs  4872 entityDefs
Linking GLSL program ssao_depth ...
Linking GLSL program ssao ...
Linking GLSL program ssao_blur ...
Linking GLSL program bloom_downsample_brightpass ...
Linking GLSL program bloom_downsample ...
Linking GLSL program bloom_apply ...
Switching to EFX 'bottomfloor' (#4)
Linking GLSL program bloom_upsample ...
Restarting ambient sound snd_mansionN'(mansion_piano02a_z) with volume -10
--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------
ModelGenerator memory: 113 LOD entries with 0 users using 1808 bytes.
WARNING:idClipModel::FreeTraceModel: tried to free uncached trace model (index=0)
--------- Game Map Shutdown done -----
reloading guis/msg.gui.
reloading guis/map/pearls8.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_inv.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_loot.gui.
reloading guis/playertools/compass.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_subtitles.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_lockpick.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_hud.gui.
reloading guis/cursor.gui.
reloading guis/readables/scrolls/scroll_calig_carolingia_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_calig_mac_humaine_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/scrolls/scroll_hand_ellianerelle_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/oldparchment_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sign_text_decals/sign_text_bamberg.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_calig_summertime_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/parchment_everett_hand_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_hand_ellianerelle_smaller_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_calig_carolingia_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/page_test_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sheets/newspaper_bridgeport03_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sheets/newspaper_bridgeport02_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/scrolls/scroll_calig_mac_humaine_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_hand_jd_hand_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/oldparchment_notitle_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sheets/sheet_paper_hand_nancy_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sheets/sheet_paper_gothic_bamberg_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/parchment_ellianerelle_world.gui.
reloading guis/map_of.gui.
reloading guis/manor1.gui.
reloading guis/manor2.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sheets/sheet_paper_hand_jd_hand_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_hand_popsies_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_hand_ellianerelle_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_gothic_gothica2_world.gui.
reloading guis/playertools/spyglass.gui.
idRenderWorldLocal::InitFromMap: retaining existing map

Memory usage:

2 msec to calculate PVS
  105 areas
  238 portals
    1 KB PVS data
[Load AAS]
[Load AAS]
Keeping maps/pearls8.aas32
[Load AAS]
Keeping maps/pearls8.aas_rat
[Load AAS]
   276 msec to load pearls8
Initial counts:  5599 entities  243 lightDefs  4876 entityDefs
WARNING:idClipModel::FreeTraceModel: tried to free uncached trace model (index=0)
reloading guis/msg.gui.
reloading guis/map/pearls8.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_inv.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_loot.gui.
reloading guis/playertools/compass.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_subtitles.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_lockpick.gui.
reloading guis/tdm_hud.gui.
reloading guis/cursor.gui.
reloading guis/readables/oldparchment_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_calig_carolingia_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/oldparchment_notitle_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sheets/sheet_paper_gothic_bamberg_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/parchment_ellianerelle_world.gui.
reloading guis/map_of.gui.
reloading guis/manor1.gui.
reloading guis/manor2.gui.
reloading guis/readables/sheets/sheet_paper_hand_jd_hand_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_hand_popsies_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_hand_ellianerelle_world.gui.
reloading guis/readables/books/book_gothic_gothica2_world.gui.
reloading guis/playertools/spyglass.gui.
idRenderWorldLocal::InitFromMap: retaining existing map

Memory usage:

2 msec to calculate PVS
  105 areas
  238 portals
    1 KB PVS data
[Load AAS]
[Load AAS]
Keeping maps/pearls8.aas32
[Load AAS]
Keeping maps/pearls8.aas_rat
[Load AAS]
   280 msec to load pearls8
Initial counts:  5599 entities  243 lightDefs  4876 entityDefs
----- idRenderModelManagerLocal::EndLevelLoad -----
    0 models purged from previous level,  1480 models kept.
---------------------------------------------------
Regenerated world, staticAllocCount = 0.
Getting threadname failed, reason: No such file or directory (2)
Shutting down sound hardware
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
...shutting down QGL
I18NLocal: Shutdown.
------------ Game Shutdown -----------
ModelGenerator memory: No LOD entries.
Shutdown event system

• 2 weeks later...

Got an Intel ARC 380 (lastest driver) to test TDM!

Situation is not that bad, but there are 2 major issues:

1) frametime is not plain, it's a square wave

2) there are some shading errors (white pixel groups)

https://postimg.cc/jnK5YKZy

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

2 hours ago, HMart said:

I updated for the new build and saw overly bright plates in "The House of deLisle" mission.

delisle (2023-12-03 21-11-53) (-387.21 -5.68 237.25).jpg

I replayed another FM on latest dev and also saw it once. I didn't report because I could never reproduce it afterward: It only happened once as I entered the room, then after a second the plates stopped being fully white and always looked normal.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, datiswous said:

Is it normal that "Repositories" in the bugtracker only shows DarkRadiant?
I thought this was the way to search the bugtracker, but now it doesn't seem possible.

I think this tab allows you to see VCS commits.
In case of DarkRadiant, git repo is integrated into bugtracker, in case of SVN, it is not integrated.

You should search bugtracker using "View Issues" tab, the second from top.

• Like 2