The Dark Mod Forums
Spooks

Fan Mission: The King of Diamonds by Spooks (2016/05/13)

33 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay

2. 2. Appearance

3. 3. Narrative & Text

Just got around to this mission, and I really enjoyed it. I'm not actually done, I had completed the main objectives and then an optional one popped up, and I know there's more out there I haven't found yet. I actually like that feeling a lot, that there's stuff I haven't discovered yet (like a real city). Big and complex, nicely designed, lighting is just right. For my own FMs, I'm going to have to steal from be inspired by this mission. :rolleyes:

I've been playing this for 2 Days. I finally got to the safe, but there's no Diamond. It's my last objective. Where is it?

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, acolyte6 said:

I've been playing this for 2 Days. I finally got to the safe, but there's no Diamond. It's my last objective. Where is it?

In case you're still having trouble here on Sunday, it's

Spoiler

still in the house, explore to the attic and it should be in a chest there.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

| Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM! |

I cannot get into that attic room, where the diamond is. I guess that the guy with the key is in there, i have waited and waited, for at least half an hour. I can hear someone near, i guess in the room. Talks like a hammer maybe. Is this a bug? Or how do i get him out of that room?

1 hour ago, Swedish Taffer said:

I cannot get into that attic room, where the diamond is. I guess that the guy with the key is in there, i have waited and waited, for at least half an hour. I can hear someone near, i guess in the room. Talks like a hammer maybe. Is this a bug? Or how do i get him out of that room?

He should come out of that room after a minute at most, and there shouldn't be anything he's stuck in. I don't know if the latest updates may have messed with the navfile in some way... I figure maybe he's alerted but even if so he should return to patrol sooner rather than later... I just did a test and he comes out fine, since the old man's unarmed he should run out of the room instead of pull out a sword and wait.

Try to make some noise to get him out and if you can't, I don't know what the bug's about, you may just have to noclip through. Sorry for the inconvenience. 😕

Edited by Spooks

| Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM! |

Tried to make noise, but nothing. What do you mean with "you may just have to noclip through"?
If you want to look at my save file, it would be nice :) 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X_FlBL0bFwp1PabYjg_6JPPgZAoG5EIP/view?usp=sharing

If you get him out, could you save it and post it? Or if you, or someone else could sent me a save file, where he is out, and just the diamond objective left :) 

I checked the save and not only is he stuck inside but most all of the doors don't work, so even if he wasn't stuck he wouldn't be able to open the door.

Do your doorhandles also go all the way down but not up? Is there no clicking, "locked" sound when you try to open that door? That's how it is on my end and I think a dev should look into why it's like this, it's definitely a bug or perhaps a savegame corruption.

If you don't want to restart the mission you can open the game console with ctrl+alt+` and type in "noclip" without quotes, it will allow you to fly through walls. You only need to lockpick one container that's in that room to get the diamond, fly back out and disable fly mode by typing "noclip" again. It's a cheat, obviously, but it really looks like save corruption to me and it's better than having to start over.

I trying for my life, but i'm not getting that console up. I have the swedish keyboard layout, tried US too, but its not working. Very frustrating.

*EDIT*
Ok, fount it :) 

Edited by Swedish Taffer