The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Lemme' guess...

EasierScripted.jpg

...this is one of those things that would be easier scripted?

Lol. That's the old school way to do it. You should have seen some of the dromed bluerooms back in the day. A room full of AI pushing buttons & opening doors and, one of my favorites, a hopping frog that would randomly trigger different tripwires. That last one was in Komag's Mastermind, where the blueroom was bigger and busier than the actual game space.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I better not ask what you are trying to achieve.

@Bikerdude: Awesome work, dude, makes me really jealous. :blush:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Lemme' guess...

EasierScripted.jpg

...this is one of those things that would be easier scripted?

Is that your setup to to ignite a candle flame?? I think you guess right and if the callobjectfunction method doesn't work I'll help you test the guess when I get home this lunchtime :-)

EDIT: @biker: wow! Now that's an exterior!

Edited by SteveL

...one of my favorites, a hopping frog that would randomly trigger different tripwires.

Funny you should mention, I had used an AI to create randomness at the start of my map.

Is that your setup to to ignite a candle flame?? I think you guess right and if the callobjectfunction method doesn't work I'll help you test the guess when I get home this lunchtime :-)

Heh, thankfully it's not (or I wouldn't have done it and asked for help); that was a small fraction of this, but I appreciate the offer!

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

You might know that, but Ithink that the outside areas look a bit flat. They would be a create place for some patchwork (and my blend export script :P).

• Like 1

You might know that, but Ithink that the outside areas look a bit flat. They would be a create place for some patchwork (and my blend export script :P).

Yep, I certainly do know that :) I still have quite a bit of work to do on the ground and canyon walls...and everything else.

I will have to check out your blend export script. Thanks for the tip.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Yep, I certainly do know that :) I still have quite a bit of work to do on the ground and canyon walls...and everything else.

I will have to check out your blend export script. Thanks for the tip.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/15026-dr-ase-blend-exporter/

• Like 1

Very nice shots. But the light beams should be angled a bit downwards, IMHO. On the screenie it looks a bit weird.

Hey Obs,

The position of the sun in the skybox outside the window is very low so I think the beam position is okay, but I'll put that down on my list of questions to ask betatesters and if they agree that it looks strange I'll change it.

8ox9.jpg

Edited by Moonbo
  • Like 3

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

Beta-testing this will mean a lot of fun, I guess.