The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Fiasco at Fauchard Street by Melan (2011/05/01)

Melan

• 2 months later...

Fun little mission.

The way in which you made it is probably the bigger story. If I had more time, I'd consider researching some DR stuff and taking a crack at making a level. I have no level design experience, but some programming and graphic design experience, so I could likely learn. Alas. Maybe if my personal and/or professional schedule magically clears up...one can hope, eh?

• Like 2

"Fancy burricks are afraid of dogs, if they encounter each other the dog barks and the burricks poop." - Thief: Deadly Shadows Game Designer

If you have "some programming and graphic design experience", you have much more than I had when I started making fan missions. I am far from a tech person, but managed, and that was with the much more odd Dromed.

You do need some time, but if you want to do it, you can do it.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thanks for the encouragement. I really would need to set aside more time than I'm willing to currently, but may revisit the idea later this year. In the meantime, I'm just thrilled I found TDM and have been having fun playing through a lot of the content.

"Fancy burricks are afraid of dogs, if they encounter each other the dog barks and the burricks poop." - Thief: Deadly Shadows Game Designer

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent mission, though I am afraid the map icon is broken. It just shows a dark, slightly transparent black spot in the inventory. There's also a typo on one of the readables in the bedroom. I forgot to screenshot it, too busy messing around.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Digits, Ratio, 16, 1618, or whatever really, as long as it's not Phil.

• 6 months later...

After playing this level I feel like saying "Eat shit, Assassin's Creed, tense & slow mountain climbing is way cooler than fast and overly capable parkour", but that's probably just me.

I am curious if anyone else bothered to do this, but as usual I'm pretty sure the answer is no, and it really doesn't matter either way.

Regardless, I'm curious if there's some way to all loot this mission without the box usage.

Edited by V-Man339
  • Like 3

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

You can get all loot without crating. I will watch the vid tonight to see what exactly you did. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Regardless, I'm curious if there's some way to all loot this mission without the box usage.

The box is only saving you from a little light injury.

I've attempted to ghost this mission, but I wasn't patient enough at the lit archway, and I completely missed the scary jumps, particularly the last one to the suit of armour.

Impressive job doing the mission with a zero stealth score! Although that AI at the central arch lined up just perfectly - I personally find it very hard to slip by them unseen, let alone without an alert.

I see how and why you used that package. I believe you need it if you want to go for zero damage taken.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Really impressive mission. Of all the TDM maps I've played this one gives me the strongest Thief Dark Project vibes I think, with the dark ambient, heavy stone architecture, and just the general vibe of the interior of Lendermann's home.

I finished with a perfect stealth score but only about $1,150, which is going to give me another reason to replay the mission some day.

Among the highlights for me were getting two pieces of loot stashed high up above the streets. I always love reasons to go exploring. There was one area with a non-functional switch that I could not get into. I'll have to uncover that secret another time.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle