The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Cleaning Up the Neighbourhood by some1stoleit,bikerdude (2019/02/19)

some1stoleit

but as I tried to roast the pagan I found in one of the rooms and nothing happened (I knocked him out, threw him out on the street from the window and stuffed him into the brazier nearby to roast for his crimes - without success, so I had to kill him with the sword),

Let's call call him a TOUGHER-TAFFER :D

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Wont be done. Design decision long ago against this to not hurt ai walking through fires.

Since the AI can already find its way around any other obstacles, what's preventing fire objects from being treated like any other objects - the AI would simply not walk through a fire and would find a way around it? Or are the fire entities different from other types of object, let's say a crate for example (being light emitters or whatever), so that it's invisible to the AI pathfinder? I've been playing a lot of Thief Gold lately, and there the AI would not step into a fire voluntarily (though I did throw a few unconscious apebeasts into one), and that game's pathfinder routines are ancient - the object model was probably completely different, though.

As it currently is, the player can use lit torches or lamps to climb up onto, or go inside a lit fireplace with impunity - if the system relies on the mapper placing a damage entity into a fire (for example, to hide the use of that old Thief staple of a secret passage hidden in a fireplace), then it will be inconsistent across maps - in some maps fires do nothing, but in maps where they are somehow important, it would do damage and then tip off the player that there's something important enough there to make the mapper place a damage entity there (if the system indeed works like that).

• 1 month later...

This is a beautiful mission.

I'm stuck, though.

Above the bar, there is a building with red lights and pipes, which I assume I can get to. Trouble is, I can't. I've tried climbing up the round balcony to get onto the roof to get to the rope, but after about 50 tries, I've given up jumping over to the rope. The corner of the building above the rope blocks me and I end up falling without grabbing the rope, or even getting close to it. Very frustrating. Any help here would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Can someone please give me a true spoiler on how to get into the dude's bedroom? The closet next door has a chain in the ceiling that don't go no where, the

pipes outside don't go there & Rufus's so called spare key don't work either.

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

1 hour ago, acolyte6 said:

Can someone please give me a true spoiler on how to get into the dude's bedroom? The closet next door has a chain in the ceiling that don't go no where, the

pipes outside don't go there & Rufus's so called spare key don't work either.

If I recall you have to enter through the window from the outside. There's a little alley with some stairs down to were the bum sleeps, above this alleyway is a series of pipes you can climb. From there you can jump across the alley and access the bedroom and assassinate him.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

• 1 month later...

Another FM that quickly became one of my favorites. Lots of detail in both the mapping as well as the story, you could feel involved while playing this. I like that it broke the "don't make combat obligatory" rule, it's rare to see an assassination mission and it added a bit of diversity.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

With this FM being so small sized but urban and pleasant, I decided to play it again for my first ever TDM stream on Twitch! If anyone wants to watch the recording, here is a link below... note that streams are only stored for up to about a week so it will be gone by year's end. Apologies for the echo issues also, tweaked a few things and future streams (which will definitely include TDM) will hopefully not be as problematic.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1687257288

• 3 months later...

Thanks to the creator of this Mission, I really enjoyed it. I was stuck for ages trying to get into the bedroom because of something I read in a book about the cleaning closet. I spent too much time in there! I ghosted it, apart from the 2 murders which was quite tough. Stuck now finding the crows' stash but I have the rest done. I have 2 but cannot for the life of me find more but I'll get there. Great atmosphere in the mission too. Great job!

• Like 1