The Dark Mod Forums

Which game would you like to erase from your brain, just to experience it once again completely anew, and why?

STiFU

I'd like to be able to erase my memories of Mass Effect so that I could experience it for the first time again.

{ 0 | ūüěĶ } = funk_tastic

My missions:          the Factory Heist

Down and Out on Newford Road

• 1 month later...

omikron the nomad soul would probably fit pretty well with the darkmod engine, atleast the first map since it is a lot of corridors and cramped environment, anekbah might be a problem though as that part is a lot more open and also rather sunny :P. Some guy managed to port the old map meshes to be used in unreal engine, he even forwarded a video showing one of the chars you can become running through the city in unreal

I can name so many games for a "total recall" refresh, but I think one that really blew my mind open with the ability to create atmosphere and exploration and a compelling storyline is the Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver games, especially the second one that delved into Raziel's past. The first one was a tremendously beautiful gothic world of magic and beasts I hadn't seen before in a game. The second one was bigger and more of the same with an added backstory. I can't ever unsee how cool these were to play at the time.

Perhaps a second game as I'm now thinking about it, is the first Batman Arkham Asylum game, which for me really captured the essence of the dark and brooding sides of the complex mind of who Batman is. And the gameplay was exciting, the way he could plan for taking out a room of baddies, and hide, and sneak around, and get clues to discovering the eventual larger protagonist behind the scenes. This game was the first of many more that kept the Batman gaming experience, but the first was so memorable in setting up the style.