The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

Hi all,

Was having a bit of trouble with an atdm_ai_undead_skeleton_1 AI. Does anyone know if I can make it sleep on start with sleeping = 1.

I put a straw bed, The AI is facing away from said bed on the right but it's not sleeping?

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

There is a model that is not showing in game.

models/darkmod/dungeon/spiked_ball_large.lwo

It is a func_static class?

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.

I also have an issue with a sound.

I have a trigger multi triggering an elevator button/switch that always sounds like the elevator button.

Is the frob_action_script playing frob_button on trigger?

Edited by Tr00pertj

I also have an issue with a sound.

I have a trigger multi triggering an elevator button/switch that always sounds like the elevator button?

Is the frob_action_script playing frob_button on trigger?

Can you reformulate the questions? They are not really understandable. What exactly are you aiming for?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Hi Obstortte,

Sure I can reformulate the questions, I'll start with the last one:

post-20393-0-58929800-1375708825_thumb.jpg

This trigger is targeted at an elevator button in a blue room.

When ever the player is clipping the said trigger, The sound for an elevator button is triggered at 0.5 repeat, so the player hears click, click, click etc. All sounds on the button have been set to silence, yet the sound still plays.

Then there is the second last or second as there a were three questions:

This model does not appear in game?

Now the first question about the AI sleeping argument (arg).

atdm_ai_undead_skeleton_1. This AI is not sleeping when told to, at least not for me in my situation.

Any and all ideas/input and speculation toward my ignorance are always welcome and appreciated. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tr00pertj

Man I'm not getting any answers and notice band users down below should I hack at them ?

Or maybe not.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Ah bugger it, I'm going to bed I'll check back later :rolleyes:

Edited by Tr00pertj

Why is the trigger targetting an elevator button? As asked before: what are you aiming for?

Regarding the model: are you using 2.0? Maybe it's a doom3 asset that has been removed. Check the console for errors. Under 1.08 it works for me.

Regarding the ai: I tested it and it seems to sleep, although it is standing. At least it does not react to me if it should see me, but does once I've touched here or make some noise. The same counts for the zombie, so I guess there is a different sleeping animation for them, so they are just standing around.

use trigger once if possible, as long as you stand in a multiple it will keep triggering

the sound of a button in a blue room?????

why a button-

and why a blue room?

instead of a button you can have a trigger trigger a trigger

or just a door, and have the door trigger it on open or close,,

and use autoclose on it to revert the elevator ........ there are so many options.

Edited by Garreth

Taf you, you taffin taffer

I'm not sure skeletons have a sleep animation in 1.08. They will be able to in 2.0.

This model does not appear in game?

What happens when you try to add it?

Check the beleaugered fence by sotha. He used lave in there.

. Is there a replacement for 2.0?

Yes. If you use that same texture it will work in 2.0.

I guess the difference is that lava_moving is moving lava while lava is just lava (not moving) ;)

So it depends on what you actually want.

When will 2.0 come out?

And i have this strange bug with a projected light, - the light seems to be going beyond its boundary in a very long tunnel wich the light shines in to and the light seems to light up the floor very far away, so the tunnel is not completely dark. how can i get this right? regular lights do not do this btw, i checked.

The movement is typically controlled via shaderParm spawnargs. Look at the shader definition to see which ones these are (normally it's 5 and 6). So if there is a translate command where parm5 is appearing, you can change the value setting shaderParm5 etc.

Gotcha. The specific texture that Sotha used was "lava_moving". Can I use "lava", or does it have to be the exact same texture?

Only D3 textures that were already in use in maps were replaced, so I can't say for sure whether "lava" is in 2.0.

As you can see from the pictures below the projected has a bug in it, it lights up very far away brushes even though it is not that big of a projected light, they are both about the same length.

How can i fix this or mask it? i was thinking about fog, but i cant seem to find a fog particle that is not lighting up in the dark.

they all seem to be quite unaffected by light sources or shadow.

then maybe fog textures on brushes, but i cant find those, so any help would be appreciated.

projected

2zhi4gx.jpg

regular

2dsplhx.jpg

Edited by Garreth

I don't understand what you need or what is wrong. I've not spotted a bug in projected lights. You can tune them to match your needs: light emanates in a cone, you can adjust the shape and radius of the base AND the length of the beam. Plus the orientation of the beam, of course. Just select the light and press the vertice manipulation button and you can drag the light control vertices.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I don't understand what you need or what is wrong.

Me, too. It looks fine to me.

the tunnel floor far ahead is lit up even when the projected light is just a foot long, so it is some kind of bug,

the projected light cone stops at the first rock on the right yet the track and floor further ahead is lit up, you can see the entire thing.

the regular light has a cutoff at the second rock on the right. nothing beyond that point is visible.

so i need something to mask it, fog particles are no option since they light up in the dark, so i need a texture.

Edited by Garreth