The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bienie

Fan Mission: Langhorne Lodge

A great, scary little FM. 

I found 4 of 6 secrets as well as the hidden objective (Penny). 

Definitely a very spooky atmosphere thanks to the tense music. Nice small touches here and there ("I see you").

Thank you for taking the time to make this. 

One strange thing I noticed is that the end statistics say that I killed 2 enemies, even though I ghosted the mission. Is that because...

Spoiler

...the parent skeletons "die" after you free Olivia's spirit? 

Edited by Kerry000
Grammar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kerry000 said:

A great, scary little FM. 

I found 4 of 6 secrets as well as the hidden objective (Penny). 

Definitely a very spooky atmosphere thanks to the tense music. Nice small touches here and there ("I see you").

Thank you for taking the time to make this. 

One strange thing I noticed is that the end statistics say that I killed 2 enemies, even though I ghosted the mission. Is that because...

Hide contents

...the parent skeletons "die" after you free Olivia's spirit? 

Glad you liked it! Sounds like you explored pretty well. I think your guess is probably correct.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide [WIP]

I am not that much into ghosting and jump scares. But i was able to enjoy this mission.

I too had to noclip into the daughter's bedroom from the library because the door did not open while becoming unfrobable.

Don't like non-blackjackable AI - but the two skeletons where pretty predictable and the redeye seemed to be scripted to actually avoid me (the exception being when i exited from the mother's bedroom, because there it had to pass me to get to the main staircase, allowing me to go downstairs unhindered).

Tried to use the trapdoor in the garden shed. Searched for a hidden mechanism there too. It really looked like i would be supposed to use it to enter the building.

The lawn is perfectly flat.

The voice acting was nice to hear - would have been perfect with a bit less echo (wich made it sound a bit tinny).

I really liked the use of traps in the attic. They where believable, avoidable and one even was disarmable. Spotting and avoiding them made me feel like a real sneak. The traps are the mission's highlight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Abusimplea said:

I am not that much into ghosting and jump scares. But i was able to enjoy this mission.

Hide contents

I too had to noclip into the daughter's bedroom from the library because the door did not open while becoming unfrobable.

Don't like non-blackjackable AI - but the two skeletons where pretty predictable and the redeye seemed to be scripted to actually avoid me (the exception being when i exited from the mother's bedroom, because there it had to pass me to get to the main staircase, allowing me to go downstairs unhindered).

Tried to use the trapdoor in the garden shed. Searched for a hidden mechanism there too. It really looked like i would be supposed to use it to enter the building.

The lawn is perfectly flat.

The voice acting was nice to hear - would have been perfect with a bit less echo (wich made it sound a bit tinny).

I really liked the use of traps in the attic. They where believable, avoidable and one even was disarmable. Spotting and avoiding them made me feel like a real sneak. The traps are the mission's highlight.

Glad you were still able to enjoy the mission, and thanks for the feedback!

Yeah the door seems to me messing up for some people, that's unfortunate. Maybe I will have to make an updated version where the door doesn't become unfrobable.

The trap door was left non-functional because I couldn't get it to line up with where I wanted it in the basement. If it had I may have made it usable as alternative to taking the key in the mother's bedroom.

The voice acting was intentionally made echoey to make it sound ghostly. I guess it is a little on tinny side though.

Glad you found the trap section enjoyable, I thought it would be nice to have a little change of pace in the mission and not just do all creepiness and jump scares the whole way through.

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

A cool scary mission, but sadly I had the same problem as others here in that the door to Olivia's room was not open. I got stuck completely until I checked this thread and noclipped through the door, so you need to fix that fast! I had a similar problem with the closet on the ground floor, the skeleton blocked the door and it couldn't be opened. It worked after a restart, but you might take the chance to fix that too. Last not least it fealt strange not having lockpicks and the doors being unlocked by the ghost instead! Why not make all doors without keys pickable? I don't think the story would change much and I wouldn't feel like the stupiest thief ever, having lost his lockpicks :)!

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 10:16 AM, wesp5 said:

A cool scary mission, but sadly I had the same problem as others here in that the door to Olivia's room was not open. I got stuck completely until I checked this thread and noclipped through the door, so you need to fix that fast! I had a similar problem with the closet on the ground floor, the skeleton blocked the door and it couldn't be opened. It worked after a restart, but you might take the chance to fix that too. Last not least it fealt strange not having lockpicks and the doors being unlocked by the ghost instead! Why not make all doors without keys pickable? I don't think the story would change much and I wouldn't feel like the stupiest thief ever, having lost his lockpicks :)!

Alright, seems like a lot of people are experiencing these bugs, and it should be pretty quick to fix, I'll try and get an update out this weekend, thanks for your feedback!

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

The link in the OP has been updated to version 2, which should have fixed the issues below. It should be available in the in-game downloader within the coming few days, but anyone who wants to play the mission in the nearest few days should prefer to download the mission manually! Thanks everyone for your feedback!

The door to Olivia's room is now usable by the player (though the creaking sound is a little unreliable when the player opens and closes the door manually).

Maggie's skeleton in the closet should no longer block the door from opening.

The player should no longer have dealt astronomical amounts of damage / killed 2 AI at the end of mission despite not causing any directly.

Edited by Bienie

My Fan Missions: