Here's the DR 2.4.0 pre3 build for motivated mappers to test. It's mostly bugfixes plus one model export feature which justfiies the version bump, so mappers able to use modeling apps might like this.
It's now possible to directly save selected map elements to LWO or ASE files, either for further working on them in a modeling app, or to combine existing stuff into a single func_static model. It is also possible to combine several existing models (e.g. statues) into a single one.
Example 1: Export Map Section to Lightwave
Example 2: Convert some parts into func_static (LWO or ASE)
modelexport.jpg 86.61KB 2 downloads
Windows Installer x64: https://drive.google...YTlQdzhhM1hsUFU
Windows Portable x64: https://drive.google...LVVWb3pQbG52ZU0
Linux folks need to compile this stuff from source, instructions for various distributions are on the wiki.
If you happen to run into a crash, please record a crashdump: How to record a crashdump
Changes since 2.3.0 can be seen on the Bugtracker changelog, important stuff includes so far:
- Add "Export as Model" dialog to save selection as LWO/ASE
- Expose GlobalSelectionGroupManager to Python scripts
- Replaced Python Binding library, DR is now using pybind11
- Add Reload Models and Reload Skins button to Model Selector
- Snapshots feature ignoring / not notifying about folder size limit
- Fixed intermittent crash when selecting/manipulating lots of patches/brushes
- Fixed crash on Undo after saving a map with one or more scaled models
- Let user choose between LWO and ASE Model Export Formats for scaled models
- GroupDialog is missing tabs in Floating layout
changes since 2.3.0pre1
- Fix rotated models ending up misplaced after export-to-model
- Add option to use the entity origin as center point of the exported model
changes since 2.3.0pre2
- Add option to export the map selection in Wavefront OBJ format
- Restructured the PK4 / VFS code a bit (ideally nothing has changed from the user's perspective)
Thanks to all testers for any feedback, without your help DarkRadiant wouldn't be half as stable.
Edited by greebo, 14 September 2017 - 01:43 AM.