Shadows of Northdale is a new campaign that takes place in a city called Northdale that is situated up in the mounts of the western empire.
Across the campaign the player will traverse through the varying districts of the city with each mission featuring it's own unique location as well as different locations in the city hub to access.
ACT I is the first mission which is designed to introduce the player to the city hub area and the new mechanics available to them. During the first night in the city hub section there are a couple of places to explore however this will expand and open up further as you progress through the campaign's missions.
This mission features some aspects which are different to the usual dark mod FM experience which are:
- Food is an item that is picked up and stored in your inventory, pressing the use key with the food item highlighted will cause the player to eat it and gain 5hp
- There is an ingame fence where you can purchase gear using any loot you may have found during the mission, you can visit him as many times as you wish but do be mindful of your loot goals
- Also inside the fence's shop are contracts, these are readables which detail tasks that a client wishes you to complete for an agreed sum of gold. Upon completing them you will be rewarded with the designated sum immediately
- Because you are not a wanted criminal (yet) the citywatch will only attack you if they catch you breaking the law or find you near the scene of a crime
- Candles are pinchable in this mission, frobbing them causes Corbin to pinch them to put them out rather than pick them up
The mission was designed and tested on 2.05, if you are playing on any other version there may be bugs present.
If you enjoyed the mission please feel free to leave a review, I enjoy reading them and it gives me inspiration for my next projects. Tell me what you felt worked and what you felt could be improved for next time.
Have fun taffers!
2.06 UPDATE INFO: If you are experiencing any path finding issues (AI walking around in circles or getting stuck) on 2.06 then please enter the following console command to resolve these issues cm_backFaceCull 0. Thanks goes to Nbohr1more for solving that!
1.jpg 44.23KB 4 downloads 2.jpg 39.58KB 0 downloads 3.jpg 36.24KB 0 downloads 4.jpg 49.59KB 0 downloads 5.jpg 43.86KB 0 downloads 6.jpg 38.13KB 0 downloads
And a very special thank you to the following people without whom the mission would not exist:
Epifire for creating some amazing detailed custom models that help bring a unique layer that wouldn't be possible without it. Seriously go check out his modeling page! Dude is very talented https://sketchfab.com/Epifire
Grayman for helping to debug a lot of critical bugs in the mission, without him there wouldnt be a mission
Kingsal and Skacky for helping out with excellent tips on level design, flow and lighting
Moonbo for lending his writing talents to help optimize the briefing video script
Obsttorte for making the majority of the scripts featured in this mission, and for dealing with my constant nagging about issues and bugs, you are awesome!
SlyFoxx for lending his vocal talents and making the fence character come to life and sound great
SquadaFroinx for providing thorough beta reports (that are equally hilarious as they are useful)
And finally a huge thank you to Tannar for drawing the fantastic looking ingame map
Available via in-game downloader
File Size: 295 mb