The Dark Mod Forums

TDM 1.1 (Bated Breath)

aidakeeley

The existing savegames will break as soon as one of the class members are changed, added or deleted, which will be unavoidable over time. It basically depends on how busy the coding team is, but in general I would expect the savegames to break almost every release.

That's the downside of having a maintained game platform, you need to finish the currently ongoing mission before updating your game. On the plus side, your game is getting better and better each release for free.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the downside of having a maintained game platform, you need to finish the currently ongoing mission before updating your game. On the plus side, your game is getting better and better each release for free

Well... I say... it's well beyond well worth it.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

The only problem I've had with the update is that it broke 90% of all my colorme lights, only got about 3 lights left to replace. Looks like the old colorme textures no longer work. And the other weird thing as the square shaded switchable lights have a puke inducing flicker built into them. And the only bug I've seen is the big spider walks with a limp.

...anticipation* overwhelms again...

Weren't there meant to be a couple or a few missions ready to go and just waiting on the release of TDM 1.01?

;)If I can get my hands on them I can report back on how well the upgrade went and goes;)

*may indeed prove to be anxious imaginings

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

The only problem I've had with the update is that it broke 90% of all my colorme lights, only got about 3 lights left to replace. Looks like the old colorme textures no longer work.

In what way? I didn't notice any issues when I was testing (though maybe I just never tested a map that used them).

the problem seem to be the skin wasn't switching between the lit and unlit versions, but I probably had them set up in a weird way, one set of lights still worked thou, I've changed them to the new switch operated lights, only got 3 banks of swtchable lights, they're script operated so I didn't have to fiddle with targets.

the problem seem to be the skin wasn't switching between the lit and unlit versions, but I probably had them set up in a weird way, one set of lights still worked thou, I've changed them to the new switch operated lights, only got 3 banks of swtchable lights, they're script operated so I didn't have to fiddle with targets.

Yeah there where a few bugs with the old skin swaps and a few changes. The new way should now work reliable, tho.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

*cough*

I might have spent the weekend wining and dining at family weddings, but I did somehow manage to notice moddb doesn't have a news article of the update...

One of the weddings took place on one of the old vineyards around CT - And got me thinking, there are some aaaawesome examples of old architecture and very thief-esque textures in the old farm houses(1630 odd), stables and such. I'll have to make a day of it and go taking pics with some better gear later this year... and perhaps some wine tasting.

Thanks for the update :)

I noticed something which might have already been present in 1.00: The door texture in the following shot is quite visibly banded from a slightly sloppy copy-paste, which ruins a bit a great texture.

dm_shot.jpg

I would also like to make a feature request, maybe this has been already discussed. How about a "click to start" right after loading the mission? I don't know if this is yet possible within the limited Doom 3 SDK. This way, people could go do something else while loading without any fear of the FM starting and potentially missing stuff. From the opposite point of view, this could allow mission designers to script the mission from the very start, various things happening -a camvator, a dialogue, some text displayed- with the certainty that the player is there and fully prepared to witness it.

Edited by Briareos H

Will have a look at the texture in the morning - I think it also needs a bit of work on the normal map too. I keep noticing that texture looking very flat in game but I havent checked the files myself :)

Thanks for the feedback tho!

Spring : it's /door/wood/boards_old_rough iirc

Edited by Serpentine

I've touched up the diffusemap. The normalmap could still use some work, but I won't get to that tonight.

The current normal map is quite broken, I spent a while correcting it manually however there's no real point due to just how broken it is. If you could upload that fixed diffuse somewhere I'd be happy to rebuild it correctly (And if I have time, touch up the diffuse to look less mirrored :))

It's on SVN now...we should probably see about getting you access, given all the work you're doing.

It's on SVN now...we should probably see about getting you access, given all the work you're doing.

I did take a stab at redoing the normal map for that diffuse, I didn't overwrite anything though, you can find it at darkmod\textures\darkmod\door\wood\boards_old_rough_local_test.tga

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I have just have had the time to try this out.

Among all the fixes and additions, let me just focus on one: footstep sounds. They are perfect. That's all. :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved