The Dark Mod Forums

Looking for TDM2.0 beta-testers!

Springheel

So you frob them, and instead of going into your inventory, they jump away??

I'm not sure but maybe the plate they are lying on is a grabable item. so it could be that instead of frobbing the coins you were excidently frobbing the plate, which then goes up and let the coins dance :D

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I want to complain about the AI's "chance" spawnargs. It seems that the ai are completely oblivious to the normal stuff, like people (ragdolls and KO'd too), weapons, etc.

To get the AI checking on fallen teammates and raising alerts, I needed to list the inherited spawnargs and select the default ones and check them (without changing their properties).

I ended up deleting the ones I didn't need, but here's an example of what I mean:

snap335.png

Without those spawnargs specifically selected, they did nothing but silently walk their patrols.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

It seems that the ai are completely oblivious to the normal stuff, like people (ragdolls and KO'd too), weapons, etc.

Not in my experience.

I found something odd. There is a light which is used on multiple maps that does not look correct in 2.0 (its way too dark now). It is the circular shaped light with the surrounding grill that hangs/protrudes from walls. (helpful, I know)

The problem can be found in:

All over the sewers on St. Alban's Cathedral. The lighting down there is now extremely dark as of TDM2.0.

In "Old Habbits II", there is a wine-room which you can reach from a door in the kitchen. There is an affected light in there as well. (MUCH darker than in 1.8)

On Lorgs and Legacy, the problem can be seen in the sewer section, particularly in the area with the generator.

This post will be edited with more information as I investigate further. Also I didn't check the wiki before writing this post, so I'll remove it if these missions aren't supposed to be tested. Checking now...

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Unfortunately I don't have access to that link "testing 2.00". If I find any other oddities, I will let you folks know.

Spingheel, can you give me the access too? Found some interpolation problem with idle guard animations!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I found something odd. There is a light which is used on multiple maps that does not look correct in 2.0 (its way too dark now). It is the circular shaped light with the surrounding grill that hangs/protrudes from walls. (helpful, I know)

A screenshot would help.

It looks like the light isn't there at all in 2.0.

I haven't played Lords and Legacy, and I don't know if it was tested with 2.0 assets or not.

I posted about that light's problem in the test thread for my map. Anyway I no-shadow'd it to "fix" it, but it looks odd that way too. I guess if it's confirmed it's fixed now in 2.0 then I need to put it back how it was.

For the record, what was the problem? Looked like the shell was covering the light.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I posted about that light's problem in the test thread for my map. Anyway I no-shadow'd it to "fix" it, but it looks odd that eay too. I guess if it's confirmed it's fixed now in 2.0 then I need to put it back how it was.

That was a separate issue. I'm not sure what was causing the problem in your map...probably part of the light models had changes to its shadowcasting properties.

Ah, yeah, IIRC mine still had light coming out, but the shadowcasting was a smallish circle of light with a sharp cutoff. It just happens to be that same grill-light I think.

Well when the next update comes down I'll see if anything changed anyway. It might be I could just put in a new grill-light from scratch.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you play under Wine? TDM suppports Linux.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Why do you play under Wine? TDM suppports Linux.

Yes, but certainly the last time I tried the whole experience was better under Wine. Afraid I don't remember what didn't work properly, I didn't take notes, but I do remember it was surprisingly annoying! Kind of odd, one reason I'd like to beta test the standalone version as a native Linux app before it goes live...

Was the problem related to sound? For years now, there has been a problem with the Doom 3 engine and vanilla ALSA on Linux. It has something to do with the buffer size. When you start the game it will click/skip for a bit, but it settles down and behaves normally after a bit. At least its better than Pulse though, where your sound randomly becomes lagged by over a second in Doom3.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.