The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Marsh of Rahena by ERH+ (2019/4/5)

ERH+

29 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

• Unbearable
    • Poor
    • Averange
    • Good
    • Excellent
  2. 2. Gameplay

• Unbearable
    • Poor
    • Averange
    • Good
    • Excellent
  3. 3. Story

• Unbearable
    • Poor
    • Averange
    • Good
    • Excellent

4 hours ago, ERH+ said:

What do you mean by positioning the shovel? It ment to be picked up into inventory and

Hide contents

used as a key on the heads.

Also, is this save/load crash an actual crash, or is loading screen just freeze when you click it and the progress bar is stuck in one place for a long time?

About the shovel, I used it exactly as planned, but sometimes I had to crawl around a lot on the coffins to get the heads being highlighted. Maybe their area could be increased?

And yes, the crash was a hard crash, like back to desktop with the message TDM stopped working. BTW, is there a way to make the gamma not change the desktop brightness?

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

EDIT: Found it, did not even think about interacting that way there when I went past it first.

Where is the cellar entrance? All the stairways I found just end in shallow water with dead ends and one pipe that leads me to the kitchen? Feel like I´ve been to places I shouldn´t even be yet but just can´t find that entrance

Edited by blaa

• 6 months later...

So I'm stuck, trying to find the sealed section.

Spoiler

I'm in a dangerous area I accessed by removing some floorboards, but can't find anything there. I located a vent, but I can't open it with the crowbar. I can jump down to the central cloister area overlooking the maze, but again, nothing there

Spoiler

There's two different columns of vents stretching the entire vertical span of the level. Both are between the saunas and bathrooms on opposite sides of the map. The one column can be open with the crowbar, the other cannot, so try finding the other sauna/bathroom area on the opposite side of the manor. There are other ways, but they require more searching about.

Did you find out the fate of the witch?

Spoiler

You have to find the witch's corpse, well, skeleton really and the note she left nearby. Its on the sealed floor, which is what I had thought you were looking for. After that you should get an objective about heading to the cellar. Sorry about that.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a terrific mission! I've been a long time thief player and recently started playing TDM. I know I'm years late to the game, but wanted you to know this still brings joy to players/fans. Now that I've competed it (on easy) I'll have to go though again and find more Easter eggs/loot. So much fun.... 

• 2 months later...

Just getting around to playing this, I know I'm really late.

But, right at the start, is the player supposed to get stuck under water?

RG3kuZT.png

I jumped in the water and swam to the bottom to see what's down there, but I can't swim back up, I'm blocked by the vegetation.

And invulnerable horses in the water below the main entrance?

T1jRFI0.png

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The water have a forcefield that drags you down, but iirc you should be capable to force your way back to the surface. It is a dangerous swamp after all, there should be a lot more holes like this one around.

Horses are animated models without any ai's properties - for saving the game from computing stationary creature.

S2wtMNl.gif