The Dark Mod Forums

Real Life Blues: The Tense Geopolitical Situation of Today's World and how I predicted this shit yet all of you laughed at me

Kurshok

Not much, but wholesome and cute

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

May be an image of text that says 'Friend: Not everything is sexualized Me: Help me step-tractor, I'm stuck!'

• Haha 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

20 hours ago, Kurshok said:

6 Russian Generals are dead, the Ukrainians are pushing back and retaking land. Maybe things are looking up?

Glad to hear that, because I've a feeling that if Russia successfully takes Ukraine, they won't stop there.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/7-russian-generals-dead-one-of-them-run-over-by-own-men/articleshow/90466929.cms

Holy crap... Reminds me of Goldeneye 007, running enemies over on the tank levels made such a great sound. :)

I can't imagine how nerve-wracking and disturbing it would be, to be out there on a battlefield with a bunch of guys who really don't want to be there, and might decide to run their own commanding officer over on a whim. I mean the concept of fighting in a war is already disturbing enough, but when you know that even your own side isn't actually on your side, it would be way more frightening.

• Sad 1

They say he was run over deliberately but, given the bumbling ineptitude of the Russian invasion so far, I wouldn't put it past one of their generals to get run over by his own men accidentally.

• Sad 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

one would allmost belive this whole misery to be part of a plan... one catastrophe after the other to keep the lowest population classes from gaining on the midle classes in terms of rights. no we cannot afford this now after covid, no we cannot afford this now theres a war going on, no we cannot afford this now because the sun is blowing up eh ? :P

strangely these events allways turn up when there is talk about upping the living standards of the lower working classes.

• Confused 1

More people seem to be catching on to the mantra of "You will own nothing and be happy." I see it popping up more and more around the Internet. Big business will own everything forever, and people will merely rent it.

PS: If I ever had to fight in a war and I lasted long enough to attain the rank of General, I would go by "General Jackass". It has a nice ring to it.

• Like 1

Having limited second hand knowledge of how politics actually works in my country from various friends and acquaintances who are politically active, I find any theories about a "plan" fabulously optimistic. Ime when any significant change happens it's either chaos or greedy people who do not care about anybody else, but almost never any actual plan.

4 hours ago, revelator said:

one would allmost belive this whole misery to be part of a plan... one catastrophe after the other to keep the lowest population classes from gaining on the midle classes in terms of rights. no we cannot afford this now after covid, no we cannot afford this now theres a war going on, no we cannot afford this now because the sun is blowing up eh ? :P

strangely these events allways turn up when there is talk about upping the living standards of the lower working classes.

Why misery? Misery is for us in Eastern Europistan because we live in second hand second world countries.

Uncle Sam will make money selling weapons to scared NATO countries again. Let the good times roll and the ching ching dosh circulate around.

Actually Europe was very welcoming to white Ukrainian refugees compared to the normal flux of muslims. So you can't really have economic and social rights. No social welfare state if society can't accept refugees from everywhere where these wars happen. Just making the workers richer doesn't solve the problem since it's always going to be white workers getting richer.

badge?user=andarson

not only relegated to us ofc. though i do see a trend towards this.

man should be equal there is really nothing in our dna which sets white above black yellow or red, the difference is we got the tech first but should that really make us masters ?.

some might not see it as misery comming from a poor country, one example that really shook that belief though was when i visited my dad in thailand, his wife was in awe that i could afford buying stuff that they normally had to work years for, i then pointed out that it might seem like a lot but to take into consideration that my country has the highest taxes in the world plus some of the highest prices on the market and then hold it up against that, the result really dismayed us both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anderson said:

Why misery? Misery is for us in Eastern Europistan because we live in second hand second world countries.

Uncle Sam will make money selling weapons to scared NATO countries again. Let the good times roll and the ching ching dosh circulate around.

Actually Europe was very welcoming to white Ukrainian refugees compared to the normal flux of muslims. So you can't really have economic and social rights. No social welfare state if society can't accept refugees from everywhere where these wars happen. Just making the workers richer doesn't solve the problem since it's always going to be white workers getting richer.

Because unlike Islam, the Ukrainians aren't a fifth column for a long-dead thieving, murdering pedophile warlord named Muhammad's self-fellating cult of death that wishes to shit out kids until they can destabilize democracy from within and usurp it into some sort of retarded, violent hellhole like where they have fled from, seeking to suck dry the government's goodwill by claiming their cousin-fucking-spawned horrifically inbred children need extra welfare, then sending that welfare straight to the local terrorism-endorsing mosque while their babbling braindead spawn are left in a barely-cared-for sideroom instead of receiving actual mental health treatment or medication as that is "haram" according to that pile of asswipings known as the Quran.

Edited by Kurshok
  • Sad 1

I second that.

Comments like that are utterly vile and do not reflect what I hope and believe the TDM community is about.

Although I do not believe this forum should be strictly censored, there are limits to everything and that loathsome bit of religious and racial vilification is beyond unacceptable.

Edited by thebigh
grammar fail
  • Like 2

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Wellingroncrab, thebigh, you two are fools if you think Islam is compatible in the long term with a western-style, laissez-faire, democratic republic government that values freedom of speech, freedom of and from religion, and doesn't devolve into a theocratic hellhole like every Muslim majority nation. The only way to throw off the shackles of Muhammad's cult is what Kemal Ataturk did, overthrowing the Islamic Mosque as a political power and making laws to politically castrate it, and even then misguided compassion has allowed pro-Sharia pigs like Erdogan to rise to power, eroding the freedoms hard-won in favor of blind idolatry of a mad Bedouin caravan robber. Your mutterings and heaving of your bosoms in defense of a cult that teaches to brutally oppress unbelievers, murder dissenters, and lie to achieve dominion over the world is pathetic.

Edited by Kurshok
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Wellingtoncrab said:

@KurshokI absolutely condemn everything you said and sincerely hope at some point you receive the help you need.

Nothing I said was false. It's people who turn a blind eye to Islam's rabid hatred of anything un-Islamic who need to look at Islam's history to get help for their endless whataboutery to defend an indefensible evil and brutal theocratic system that puts women in the place of being regarded as lesser beings with primitive brains, and whose biggest empire was responsible for an even larger and crueler slave trade than the European one, one that also lasted longer.  Islam's sources validate and even encourage the worst aspects of humankind, sex slavery, pedophilia, unending war against the unbelievers. It is not "just like any other religion" and anyone who says it is are either deluding themselves or too afraid of contradicting their own worldviews to admit it. I should know, I used to be far-left SJW and would have defended Islam as "just the same as Christianity" during my edgy teenage atheist phase, before I actually started listening to the speaking of ex-Muslims, who are called to be murdered by either the state or honor killings by Islam. And the majority of Islamic nations DO still execute apostates, or jail them for life.

Edited by Kurshok
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, thebigh said:

I second that.

Comments like that are utterly vile and do not reflect what I hope and believe the TDM community is about.

Although I do not believe this forum should be strictly censored, there are limits to everything and that loathsome bit of religious and racial vilification is beyond unacceptable.

Islam is not a race, and religions are ideologies, and all ideologies should be able to be rigorously critiqued, especially one as vile as Islam. Your "I don't believe in censorship BUUUTTTT" nonsense is how Islam managed to conquer so many countries and inflicts harm even today in countries where they aren't the majority, by demanding censorship of valid criticism of Islamic practices and ideals, and outright criminalizing the condemnation, or hell, even the pointing out of horrendous acts the founder of Islam, Muhammad, perpetrated within his lifetime! 

Edited by Kurshok
  • Sad 1

woa easy there fellows 😟 i think we can all agree that both religions have had there share of bad omens.

but we really should have moved beyond that, its been thousand of years ffs. people can believe whatever they want

but do us a favor and keep everyone else apart from it, much easier to get along that way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, revelator said:

people can believe whatever they want

Even when that belief system calls for violence against others, slavery, both normal and sexual, idolized pedophilia, and promotes terrorism? I've said my piece, revelator. To be honest, I believe most religions on Earth could be capable of coexisting if they were to shed their more extreme parts and admit wrongdoings, like modern Christian western churches trying to reconcile with LGBT, or Hindus attempting to abolish the caste system. But with Islam, it's composed primarily of so many horrid ideals, based around the violent actions of an evil man who you are demanded to respect as the final, greatest person to look up to and emulate, it's like Nazism with a religious twist. And I refuse to tiptoe around the subject and allow this abomination against so much of everything I believe in to go about unopposed, lying to people to spread its power amongst those who it plans to betray until it's too late to realistically fight back without resorting to things I really, really ethically disagree with. Now I'll admit not every Muslim is a bad person, there are reformists. But every time throughout history the reformists have bent the knee to the wild, murderous, rapist jihadists whenever they go on a rampage, because of the simple fact that the oldest, most complete versions of the Quran call for all that evil shit, and if they disagree with it they are labeled apostates and they themselves are murdered. And if the Islamic community refuses to modernize itself, it needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into modernity, and if it doesn't accept that, then it is time for Islam as a political entity to cease.

Edited by Kurshok
  • Sad 1

thats why i mentioned keeping it to yourself ;) we all have bad sides we would rather be without,

that does not mean i condone bad behaviour, religion is between you and your god they say and i actually agree.

lot of bad shit has run under those bridges for centuries (christianity has nothing on islam on that account either, atrocities have been and to some degree still are being done in eithers name), its time it stopped being about religion and about what we are and do as humans.

im not a religious man myself because i dont want to have a deity absolving me of my shortcommings, thats just a bad way to evolve wouldnt you agree ?.

• Like 1