The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

even if I remove previous script (that consist of 4 lines too),error is not disappearing

here is whole .script file

void addItem()

{

$player1.AddInvItem($SpoiledItemName);

}

____one line____

void CemetaryScript()

{

$player1.frob_item($CemetaryButton);

}

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

Yeah, buttons are activated and pass the activator, so I think stumpy has it right.

Edit: To elaborate...

The way you had it, you were trying to frob the player and pass the button, which just ... doesn't work. (For one thing, you can't pass anything, that's why you get an error for having a parameter. One is one too many.)

Open question if you can frob the button and pass the player -- $CemetaryButton.frob_item($player1); -- but I'm not sure that's the way frobbing works. I think even frobbing the button you can't pass anything to it, so you'd still get a "too many parameters" error (even if you didn't pass anything, it's not clear the frobbing code would properly activate the button, since the script is doing the frobbing and not a player/AI as expected.)

Anyway, activate is the standard way to go. Remember, the base for core things like buttons, doors, speakers, etc, is still Doom3 which didn't have frobbing... It was activating everything, and frobbing was something TDM added later with its own rules pretty much intended for literal frobbing in the world.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Try changing

$player1.frob_item($CemetaryButton);

to

frob_item($CemetaryButton);

Thanks Fidcal,it works :)

@demagogue,stumpy : thanks for explanation how d3 script system works :)

and other question :

how to change key picking sound ?

and how make entity unfrobable via script ?

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

Fieldmedic: if you have a mission installed, D3 puts the lin files in its folder, but DarkRadiant doesn't find it. Copy it to your map folder and it will work.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I know, but the file isn't even created...I have searched the whole Doom3 folder...

I can play the map, even after a failed DMAP, but it says the AAS is out of date, of course...

Darkmod finally pulled the stick from its rectum...now it could create the file :blink: I have tried copying everything in the map to a new map and saved. Tried to install new missions. Tried DMAP other missions...now it suddenly CAN make a lin-file...

Thanks for the help anyway :)

It's in these cases it's good to take out the aggressions on other games, like the UT2004 mod Ballistic Weapons...

That mod could be a good challenger to TDM, but as it's totally different engine and type of game and concept, I'd have to put them both on the throne. :wub:

Edited by Fieldmedic

To set frobable 0 from script....

$<entityname>.setFrobable(0);

I don't think there is a remove only script; you use replace with a null entity so...

To remove the key from inventory after use make the door target a script caller to...

float var=$player1.replaceInvItem ($key, $null_entity);

[edit] You might also need to use $key.remove(); as I'm not sure where the key will go.

To set frobable 0 from script....

{:content:}lt;entityname>.setFrobable(0);

I don't think there is a remove only script; you use replace with a null entity so...

To remove the key from inventory after use make the door target a script caller to...

float var=$player1.replaceInvItem ($key, $null_entity);

[edit] You might also need to use $key.remove(); as I'm not sure where the key will go.

its working :)

Its possible to freeze player somehow ?

Proceed with caution!

That's OK, scale can also be applied to materials for other purposes so it's not always clear about it's role... but it's main mission is resizing.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Ok,another question ( but privious still actual)

How to teleport player ? atdm:teleport entity will work ?

Use base > info_player_teleport.

Give it the spawnarg and value: target info_player_start_1

Give it the spawnarg angle with a value if you want to force the player to turn to face a particular direction.