The Dark Mod Forums

Post your System Configuration here

Gigabyte H310M S2H Motherboard

Intel Core i5-8400 CPU

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Couple of TB of storage, all SSD

I am in the process of procuring an upgrade to 16 GB of RAM, but only because of Cyberpunk 2077. It's been a very long time since I upgraded for any specific purpose like a game, it's normally only when enough hardware is out of date to make typical usage unacceptable... or when things die. I suppose I could upgrade the graphics as well but since I only play 1080p @ 60 Hz stuff, even "modern" titles run at acceptable performance for the most part. I also play a heck of a lot of older titles - I feel guilty when spending lots of money on a new graphics card when there's little I play to utilize it with. But that's just me. :)

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For historical purposes, these cvar changes cause problems with 2.06   seta cm_backFaceCull "1" seta image_useNormalCompression "0" seta s_force22kHz "1" Please do not use these changes.

Posting my reasonably old workstation specs here: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 core) 16GB RAM Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cayman PRO [Radeon HD 6950]

All configs have been added to the wiki up to this point. 

Posted Images

Asus rampage iv extreme, with a core i7 3930K and 32 gig kingston black edition ddr3 ram, crucial MX500 SSD and several mechanical seagate HDD (storage space in excess of 8 TB). The board and CPU are pretty old but still able to handle anything i can throw at it, sadly 3 fan headers have become broken over time but else everything works 100%.

GFX card is an sapphire R9 390 with 8 gb ram, while not able to handle 4k with any reasonable fps i normally game at 1080 resolutions and at that resolution this old geezer still eats any game i can throw at it.

I havent upgraded anything for several years now, but im pondering going for the 6800 XT when it comes out.

• Like 1