#502 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:26 AM

Any news on this?

No news at the moment, judging by what's going on behind the scene at the moment it looks like the team is more focussed on getting 2.06 to beta and onwards to release.

It'd be nice to see a steam release happen eventually but there are legal obstacles to wade through before that can become reality, this only became known to the team after the green light had gone through which is why there was a sudden stop in momentum after being greenlit.

• chakkman, Anderson and Petike the Taffer like this

The Accountant Series
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Series
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#503 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19016 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:17 AM

Also Valve wernt exactly forthcoming with that bloody info untill after the fact. Which was extremely frustrating considering the amount of effort I put into getting the mod on SGL.
  • New Horizon, Anderson, Aosys and 1 other like this

#504 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:58 AM

OK, thanks for the heads up. Strange that other open source games and mods get this done so quickly, but, i wouldn't know the why's, how's, and if's.

#505 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

Also Valve wernt exactly forthcoming with that bloody info untill after the fact. Which was extremely frustrating considering the amount of effort I put into getting the mod on SGL.

Are you guy's under some agreement to not disclose this info? 

#506 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5254 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

I don't think so. We have to form a non-profit legal entity, give an account of our IP licensing, and figure out how to use Steam code without using Steam code or get around it completely (since it can't mingle with our GPL3 code for the obvious reason its source code can't be legally released as GPL3 requires).

It's within the boundaries of what we can do. The planning is effectively all there already. There needs to be a champion and a sustained push maybe... Seeing the cesspool of hostility that communities are dragged down into when they get on Steam doesn't help build enthusiasm, for me anyway. But it's true that there are a lot of people we want that won't know about the game unless it goes up ... especially important as we need an influx of mappers if we want a steady flow of content coming in.

Long story short, we can make a push after 2.06 is out.

<cryptically> It'll be better for first-impression marketing anyway. :ph34r: </cryptically>

• Bikerdude, HMart, Goldwell and 2 others like this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users