The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Nice.

I'm thinking now that depending on what it is, models are probably better than prefabs. One less place to look and are better at batch counts.

Like pillars would be great models and skins could be made for them, I guess having a prefab too would be nice too though for stuff that might require resizing.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

@FreshLemonMan: That nice drawing says EX-pagan, so much paganism wouldn´t fit her anymore, would it?

@Bikerdude:

No, they´re as ugly as before, even uglier because you don´t see sth now in that darkness, pff.

Nah, forgive me, I just love to mock gods, and you seem to be a TDM-god!! I can´t believe anymore it was you who built Business as usual! You are so much better than 'that' guy, really, I´m hardly impressed. Did you ever made maps before? For DromEd I mean?

And it gladdens me even more that you are willing to make your 'creations' available for the community, kudos for you, Bikerdude. And you say you´ll likely release that map there in the next month? Yeah? :wub:

Erm, maybe I should add that I have no intention to come on to you(I hope my translator gave me that right), I just love the atmosphere that I see in your posted screenshots. And if you look at them in fullscreen, they´re fine. The bright forum-colour around the shots make a hard contrast...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

That said, there's nothing about the design (nice drawing, btw!) that suggests she is a pagan. Most peasants would wear simple leather shoes like that. If you want her to look pagan, tattoos or strange hairstyles would be the way to go.

I'll try to make her look a little more wild and maybe give her a tattoo, but I wanted to convey a certain level of domestication. Think about it this way, would you want a strange/bushy haired/wild looking pagan girl serving your shop? half the customers might think something shifty was going on or think that the food or alcoholic may have been tampered with.

I wanted to have a little dialogue if I can (I'll get my friends in if so) and I want it to be a twist when you find out she's a pagan... yeah I know that sounds a little silly since I'm telling you all now, but this is for the most part course work and I'll be mostly trying to appeal to the marker, and possibly future employers.

18588.png

I don't know the concept, but all those beautiful details are nearly gone becaues of lack of lighting. Most players don't stop for seconds to check out details in dark. I realized that from myself after I started mapping. I don't say increase the ambient light, some areas are great in darkness (especially last shot:wub: ) but some areas needs more lighting if it suits with the concept imho (especially light radius of chandeliers in first shots).

Thief (and The Dark Mod obviously) are the exceptions. These games are all about exploration and checking out details in dark.

Bikerdude, whay aren't you working on some big company yet?

Some more wip shots for you orible lot... started building the crypt for the cathedral, spent 5hrs thus far - got lots more to add.. enjoy.

:wub: Oh well, I should never touch DR again..

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

biker I want to call u DRDude from now on. :) You're simply amazing!

-Great patch work, lighting, and enough world detail.

However, you need to resize the light in order to fit in braizer. It is good with 1 1 0.75 scale. However it can be problematic with in some cases if you know what I mean. Well, It was on my to do list to resize it on particle editor but I totally forgot it.-_-

However, you need to resize the light in order to fit in braizer. It is good with 1 1 0.75 scale. However it can be problematic with in some cases if you know what I mean. Well, It was on my to do list to resize it on particle editor

Oooooh... I didn't know you could change the actual size of the partial effect, now that is very very handy - how/where do I do it..?

@Biker: That is looking simply phenomenal, man.

Thanks SD, and that was only after 5hrs. if you look closley youll see lots of miss aligned textures etc, but have been working on it today and have comletd the crypt as a whole, now Im just detailing and adding effects etc.. more screenies to follow.

biker I want to call u DRDude from now on. :) You're simply amazing!

-Great patch work, lighting, and enough world detail.

However, you need to resize the light in order to fit in braizer. It is good with 1 1 0.75 scale. However it can be problematic with in some cases if you know what I mean. Well, It was on my to do list to resize it on particle editor but I totally forgot it.-_-

We should really make a pre-made light+brazier model in this case. Please file a tracker entry. (There is not much sense in when every mapper resizes it for themselves again :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

most poor people wear clogs. (wooden shoes)

Ahhh... maybe if she was in Switzerland?

Apart from that, I'm really going for the most practical or readily available material/form that suites the period and the person. If she had money she'd probably have some kinda of slip ons that are a little less crudely crafted.

18588.png

Oh; gorgeous, gorgeous crypt! :laugh:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved