The Dark Mod Forums

The Dark Mod Great Summer Vertical FM Contest!

Fidcal

Related to this, imo don't vote if you get stuck very early and cannot continue and give up or don't have time or had so much frustration you don't feel inclined to try again. You can't be sure it's not your fault so to give a bad vote is unfair. If you later read that the way to proceed was so obscure that nobody solved it without asking then I guess you could vote bad.

I am requesting, on behalf of the TDM community, that these entrants let us know whether they will complete their entries at some point in the future. I will add any affirmative responses to the Upcoming Fan Missions wiki:

http://modetwo.net/d...ng_Fan_Missions

Neb

Xonze

Baal

DeathStage_12

_Atti_

nic485x

winter (added to wiki)

killhour

Thanks,

nbohr1more

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Well, all of those are true and legit... but really you should vote the way you want to. If you were pissed off because the thing wouldn't run on your 80286, then let it be known. If you "hated it" because purple and brown are ugly together then vote it! If you had some bad mushroom tea or scrambled eggs and felt ill or badtrippedhallucinogenic and you feel you want to blame the mission, then own it. If your boyfriend was pestering you and you were happy to get some escape and the mission provided it even if it was short and simple your mood will win out? If you happened to be sick to the fucking gills of yet-another-mechanists-in-the-forest mollycoddly, though it be a coincidence and no fault of the mission maker, unleash your merciless misery upon the markup.

Just try and be consistent.

Or don't.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

I've just browsed this thread and it seems to me there are only two more possible entrants:

Winter

Komag

I'll give a last extension up to midday (noon) UK time Saturday 28th August.

Please let us know if you are still in the contest as no point in waiting if not. Also if I've overlooked anyone please post.

I'm going to bow out of the contest. my mission is about 90% complete. it's really just a case of putting the finishing touches to it and getting it beta tested, but thats easier said than done, seeing as I have no time to work on it during weekdays at the mo. But it shouldn't be more than a week or two before its released. I'd prefer to not enter the contest and eventually release something I'm satisfied with instead of rushing something just to enter the contest. if I was playing someone elses FM I'd prefer that they did the same. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. It's a small city mission. The first half is quite platformer ish with the second half more of your typical Thief like sneakiness. Hopefully the two different play styles will make it interesting.

nborh1more please add me to the Upcoming Fan Missions list. Thank you.

OK, thanks. I think that will be about 8 completed for the contest which is pretty good. Hopefully we can close this down at the weekend then allow what, 2 weeks, a month? for voting. Then it will be time for the Xmas contest! :laugh: Maybe do a snow hohoho contest where you have to get down the chimney and steal all the children's presents.

Thanks Biker. I don't really know what you can do though. It's really just a case of polishing it up really. But like I said earlier, I don't really have any time during weekdays. You can beta test it if you wouldn't mind? It should be ready for beta by weekend at latest. That would be V helpful!

As my map is one of the maps that grayman and others can't play due to bad optimization on my behalf/old computers on their behalf, is it okay if I make an overhaul and try to optimize so he and the other low-enders can enjoy it? Or is it not allowed to do these kind of improvements?

I would LOVE for this to be allowed until all the late submissions are final.

nbohr, my favourite low-ender :) May I ask you to test my optimized version when it comes around? Even if the contest won't allow it, I shall release a better version. The whole idea in my opinion is to release good missions. My score may very well be based upon the crappy sluggish version but Betrayal - the good edition shall also hit the charts B)