The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

"Thief is definitely coming out on the platform in which it originated; PC."

Excellent, especially if it's being done by Nixxes. Tomb Raider on PC was a very well done port, and the game itself was very decent.

I have no doubts as to how it's being delivered to PC, I'm just worried about the content of the game.

I have not read anything in this thread...

But someone linked the Thief site in irc; I was just lost for words at how utterly terrible it is.

http://www.thiefgame.com/

I thought that perhaps it was because I wasn't being all hip with the times, using things like a mouse and monitor. However using it on a tablet was about 5x worse. I don't even want to think how much they spent on making it.

It looks like they still dont quite understand typefaces. What is this shit, Jim.

logo_small-171edae33910512a90f0adf04743e314.jpg

Edit: Now with added TN1EF

It looks like they still dont quite understand typefaces. What is this shit, Jim.

logo_small-171edae33910512a90f0adf04743e314.jpg

Edit: Now with added TN1EF

Agreed. I quite miss this logo, from when it was first announced.

54f48ad666ddf037331aae8b21f36392.jpg

Top comment from the youtube page:

I can't wait to slow down time in focus mode to get all the sick headshots while dubstep, that consists solely of the Inception claxon, blares away in the background as I run down a narrow, limited path full of explosions that ensures I don't deviate from the highly scripted CINEMATIC EXPERIENCES™ - Just like in the original!

Top comment from the youtube page:

Nope. Not anymore :P

No fear guys

A proper Thief Sequel, "The Dark Mod" just went OPEN SOURCE today! It's free! Servers are still down at the moment, but it's a really amazing fan-made Doom 3 mod, with new custom missions being added daily. It's a blast, and the more attention it gets the better the support will be.

Make a point not even to pirate this piece of shit. Show Eidos that we want a real Thief game.

Like this for everyone else to see

Amazing :D

• Like 2

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

You know, I honestly dont get why people are calling the music in the most recent trailer dubstep, it just seems like more modern electronic samples, which electronic samples (although darker) have always been present in Thief.

Not that I am in complete defense of the actual TN1EF game but still that really isnt dubstep in the trailer.

You know, I honestly dont get why people are calling the music in the most recent trailer dubstep, it just seems like more modern electronic samples, which electronic samples (although darker) have always been present in Thief.

Not that I am in complete defense of the actual TN1EF game but still that really isnt dubstep in the trailer.

I heard a bit of wub wub, but only a little.

Personally though, I was kind of hoping for something more like this.

http://youtu.be/INsRJdxXnk0

My jaw dropped when I saw the smoke puffs appearing after he pickpocketed those guards. WTF is that??

Also, the voice-acting just seems to get worse and worse. I frankly think we have better voice-acting than what Romano is doing.

My jaw dropped when I saw the smoke puffs appearing after he pickpocketed those guards. WTF is that??

Also, the voice-acting just seems to get worse and worse. I frankly think we have better voice-acting than what Romano is doing.

The pickpocketing wisps were strange, yes, though it still looks hell of a lot better without all of the overbearing HUD elements.

Lockpicking and other mini-games also look more strategic without UI assistance. I do hope it is all very customizable.

The voice acting is still a gripe for me as well. Orzari isn't bad as much as he is a miscast. I don't think he's terrible, but he is no true Garrett like Russell was.

Edited by Nacht7

I thing someone needs to show Eidos \ Square et al. the sales figures for GTA V.

Letting gamers do what they want and explore where they want is popular.

They somehow figured that the COD pre-scripted automated style games were what kids want.

Those never sold as well as a GTA.

Let the players play the way they want to play rather than making them flounder from cut-scene to cut-scene.

Though GTA cost a fortune to make so that's probably part of why we don't get many sandbox type games these

days. Risk averse.

Maybe one day Rockstar will take over the franchise and try to do something on the scale of LA Noire. A big

risky niche genre title with a specific technological aim.

Trailer looks alright for what it is. Just wish it could be more.

Edited by nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

maybe the pickpocketing wisps are the guards farting cos they know they've just been felt by something, but are too scared to look around to find out what it was.

Yeah.

...wait...

...What?

This comment was not from me but it was the top comment with over 60 likes. Now its gone.

What did you say? Chances are they deleted it if it was deemed too negative. They've been known to do that. Square Enix doesn't allow such things.

No fear guys

A proper Thief Sequel, "The Dark Mod" just went OPEN SOURCE today! It's free! Servers are still down at the moment, but it's a really amazing fan-made Doom 3 mod, with new custom missions being added daily. It's a blast, and the more attention it gets the better the support will be.

Make a point not even to pirate this piece of shit. Show Eidos that we want a real Thief game.

Like this for everyone else to see

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager