The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

?_?

Obviously? ...and haha, noticed the palm sized shadow on the wall to the left of Nugarretts hand in the bottom picture? It looks like a sillouette of Nugarret talking to the girl in a hood (shorter character)... or it ...could be... the baby jesus??!?!?

Edited by Lux

This extra bank heist mission exclusive to pre-orders, anyone know if it's likely to be available later? Sounds like they are desperate for cash but I'd like to think that someone might later post a code or a way to unlock it. I don't want to pre-order.

I wouldn't mind waiting... a bit. It's just not knowing that is irritating. But presumably the mission must be in all issues. I guess someone will hack it. Once it's out there and customers are buying normally then I don't suppose the producers care. I've forgotten their names already. Do I care? Not really.

The biggest news from that take 5 is that there will be no physical edition. Only digital.

Pretty crazy but I guess it allows them to work on the game right up to the last minute before release.

The only thing I cringed at was the phrase "This is a first-person shooter ".

We have heard before that the Brothel level is pretty explicit and made some people uncomfortable. Personally I don't mind grittiness and adult themes as long as they don't look like they're just tacked on to be "edgy", like the pissing against the wall comment in one of the trailers.

TDM has the word "shit" in one or two places, along with blood, and references to pissing on a corpse. And Sotha's new pissing animation would no doubt result in an 18+ rating for us, too. :P

• Like 1

From Jacque Choi, Senior Character Artist, Eidos Montreal - Deus Ex (and Thief, to some extent):

Wow. She seemed awfully defensive there didn't she?

I'd be shocked if Thief4 didn't have DLC. Which means it probably won't come with an editor.

And Sotha's new pissing animation would no doubt result in an 18+ rating for us, too. :P

Hah! Maybe the bar needs to raised further with some sex animations. Too bad we don't have motion capture facilities... ;)

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I guess we don't see urinating in-game. Damn, even TDM's progressed that along.

Dishonored did it first. :P

Might be time to start a poll on TTLG and other sites asking if moving closer to R-rated material will increase support for TDM or not.

We're being a bit tongue-in-cheek. My point was that we already have some R-rated material, and we've always marketed ourselves as "dark, gritty and adult", but we don't hit people over the head with it.