The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Seeking Lady Leicester, by Grayman (3/21/2023)

Amadeus

48 minutes ago, Klatremus said:

Another question though. In the end stats it says 3 pickpockets. However, I counted 3 on guards in Leicester's manor (1 purse, 1 gallery key, and 1 guard orders note), plus 1 more note on a guest outside Gull & Barrels. That should be 4... The guest outside the restaurant is sitting though, perhaps that makes it not count?

You’re count of the purses seems to be correct - so I am actually not sure what is causing the aberration in the pick pocket statistics beyond something like the bug bigh is describing. There isn’t anything meaningfully different in how the attachments are setup that I can see. Will talk it over with the other devs and see if they have an ideas.

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

7 hours ago, Klatremus said:

Great! I was just about to attempt a Supreme Ghost run. Also, I didn't actually know there was a potion in the canal. Is it underneath some debris?

Spoiler

Yeah it should be in broken barrel in the canal not far from the player start area IIRC

Let us know how it goes!

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished this. One of the easier missions except in that nightmare realm. I couldn't find all the loot for a change. But that might me a positive since many people might be looking for a challenge. The loot was definitely a warm welcome from me to not know they the heck I can open certain doors and get around the environment outside in the floating space between realms. Of course there was new assets galore in this which I sppreciated. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheUnbeholden said:

Just finished this. One of the easier missions except in that nightmare realm. I couldn't find all the loot for a change. 

Do you usually find all the loot in TDM missions? I rarely to never find all loot, unlike in the original Thiefs.

TBH, I can't even remember if I ever found all the loot in any TDM missions. The mission authors seem to have a thing for very hard to find loot.

Edited by chakkman

• 2 weeks later...

Been away for awhile so glad to see you guys are still here :) First of all congratulations on the completion of Grayman's mission, I think you've done it justice.  Finished this up the other day and did enjoy it

Spoiler

especially the "otherworld".

I got into the mansion pretty quickly but wanted to explore the surrounding area first, lots of area to search. I did feed the beggar (gotta take care of those less fortunate) and he gave me the tip for the new way in which encouraged further exploration. I like that. :) I cleaned house pretty quickly and went off in search of the lady. After rereading the clue, I found the access to the secret room/ doorway to the other world. I was not expecting that and began to explore. I found the brothers room, made my way through and explored the outside but I felt I was missing something.
I checked here and found that the floating objects could be jumped on, that helped a lot. I saved often as some of those jumps were tricky, for me anyways. So restarted that section (from the brothers room) and sure enough I missed the key to a few doors I'd seen. And the rest was history.
I found Wilson & opened the chest, opened the big safe & fed the well. I set the lady free as well as the other spirits and found it was very satisfying to dispatch the brother. Grabbed the inheritance too before calling it a night. 

There were two tablets that I couldn't do anything with other than pick them up in the other world. I'm not sure if they were suppose to be readable or not. I couldn't read them and they didn't go into my inventory like the other two. One was in the area coming off the brothers room and the other was off what would have been the front door where there's a tower with chairs.

Again thank you for all your hard work, it was very much appreciated. :)

• Thanks 2

Thanks for playing Thiefette! Glad you enjoyed it.

Spoiler

as far as those two particular tablets go, they are just moveable junk that aren't meant to do anything

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I could use some gentle hints.  Have found the following in the main mansion and seem to have run out of things to do:

Spoiler
  • The greenhouse at the top of the house
  • A sigil on the side of a bookcase on the floor below
  • The brother's sealed room with a hidden safe that clearly needs some special tool to open

Ground floor seems deserted, and didn't find anything of interest in the basement

Spoiler

hoped to find route via the coal merchant promised by the beggar (I came in over the bridge through the guardhouse)

and that seems to be that.  Having read this thread I have clearly missed something rather basic!

The first floor guards are all on high alert, but think that's because I took some conspicuous loot.  It's been surprisingly easy to maintain zero alerts so far, but I seem to have missed most of the mission...