The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Seeking Lady Leicester, by Grayman (3/21/2023)

Amadeus

2 hours ago, Oleron said:

How do you light candles?

The player is also equipped with flint at the start of the mission, so you could just use that to light things on fire easily.

EDIT: Oh, thebigh beat me to it!

Edited by Amadeus
  • Like 1

The flint is probably better, actually. It's easier to use than waving a candle around like a maniac, and additionally it's possible to put out all the open flames and end up with nothing left to light from.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

On 3/26/2023 at 9:30 AM, wesp5 said:

Wow, they look great and really fit the style of TDM, giving a Dishonored vibe! And it was so refreshing to see new paintings.

What's the story behind the sword in the stone painting and area? I know it is somehow connected to grayman, but did he use it in one of his missions or did he draw it himself?

It is related to Grayman's avatar (a Sword in a Stone) that I have put in this collage that I made, it is also in the mission of The Black Mage.

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

2 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

It is related to Grayman's avatar (a Sword in a Stone) that I have put in this collage that I made, it is also in the mission of The Black Mage.

I knew about his avatar, but did you create the cool painting that we can also see in the gallery of this mission? Also is there a backstory to his avatar?

21 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Thank you very much for playing and taking the time to write a lovely review, this was a nice thing to read this morning :)

Reveal hidden contents

EDIT: ah, there is one more secret task to find, but there are still plenty of other secrets for you to find ;)

18 hours ago, Wellingtoncrab said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@KopfrkinglThere is at least one more we haven’t seen any players trigger yet.

Found it. I strongly suspected it to be some sort of secret or easter egg during my first play but...

Spoiler

In my playthroughs I always consume everything edible, so there were only two pieces of food left for the poor beggar by the time I got to him. Even thieves need to eat. This taught me a valuable lesson to avoid overconsumption and that sharing with a fellow man is more important than stuffing one's stomach full.

Edited by Kopfrkingl
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Silverflame3 said:

I can't seem to find where to use the precursor tablet.

Spoiler

Hey Silverflame! so, it is not the precursor tablet you need to escape the world it is the astralux. The precursor tablets are just readables meant to explain the world around you. And as far as spoiler tags, check the "eye" icon on the toolbar above the message box.

Edited by Amadeus

2 hours ago, Kopfrkingl said:

Found it. I strongly suspected it to be some sort of secret or easter egg during my first play but...

Reveal hidden contents

In my playthroughs I always consume everything edible, so there were only two pieces of food left for the poor beggar by the time I got to him. Even thieves need to eat. This taught me a valuable lesson to avoid overconsumption and that sharing with a fellow man is more important than stuffing one's stomach full.

Is this supposed to be a secret? It's very obvious and I used it the first time I played the mission.

Edited by wesp5

2 minutes ago, wesp5 said:

Is this supposed to be a secret? I found it very obvious and used it the first time I played the mission.

A secret is just a matter of perspective in this FM. Not everyone is gonna find the same things in the same order

13 minutes ago, Amadeus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey Silverflame! so, it is not the precursor tablet you need to escape the world it is the astralux. The precursor tablets are just readables meant to explain the world around you. And as far as spoiler tags, check the "eye" icon on the toolbar above the message box.

I had the same idea about the versions that didn't go into the inventory and didn't display anything. I suspect they are supposed to be broken, but I would rather have them show more background info so they can't be mistaken for a key.

Edited by wesp5

1 minute ago, wesp5 said:

I had the same idea about the versions that didn't go into the inventory and didn't display anything. I suspect they are supposed to be broken, but I would rather have them show more background info.

appreciate the feedback, but we are quite happy with the amount of background info already provided, and I wouldn't expect to see any changes regarding the tablets for future versions

1 hour ago, wesp5 said:

I had the same idea about the versions that didn't go into the inventory and didn't display anything. I suspect they are supposed to be broken, but I would rather have them show more background info so they can't be mistaken for a key.

Spoiler

Wouldn’t the precedent for keys be that they go into inventory and are not moveables you have to carry across the map? I am genuinely curious why a non inventoried moveable would be confusing in that regard as there does seem to be confusion around the tablets.

Is it just the fact that the assets are new so they seem more important than they are?

Edited by Wellingtoncrab

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

1 hour ago, Wellingtoncrab said:
  Hide contents

Wouldn’t the precedent for keys be that they go into inventory and are not moveables you have to carry across the map? I am genuinely curious why a non inventoried moveable would be confusing in that regard as there does seem to be confusion around the tablets.

Is it just the fact that the assets are new so they seem more important than they are?

Spoiler

This might well be true. My idea was that they were supposed to be kind of a keycard that you could hold against some of the other new precursor assets. Which might also have been due to the candle manipulation riddle. Maybe it would clear up some confusion if you couldn't pick up the tablets that are useless at all... (man, who thought that the spoiler icon being black on black was a good idea?)

Edited by wesp5

6 minutes ago, wesp5 said:

Spoiler

Yeah our original thought was that players would be curious about the precursor technology and want to get a closer look at it. So throwing in a few moveables would let them really look at the assets and manipulate them so they could see the back and the sides and such. This kind of interaction is in my mind the same as the ones that provide actual background in the form of text: It fleshes out world and contributes to the story and sense of place.

No confusion intended. Always interesting to see how players internalize these things and it’s helpful for further projects.

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

Spoiler
50 minutes ago, Wellingtoncrab said:

Yeah our original thought was that players would be curious about the precursor technology and want to get a closer look at it. So throwing in a few moveables would let them really look at the assets and manipulate them so they could see the back and the sides and such.

Spoiler

One way the player can manipulate/inspect a readable tablet that's in their inventory is to "Drop Inv. Item", which will put it into the "hands" of the player. So, perhaps moveable tablets are not necessary?

Edited by Daft Mugi

7 hours ago, wesp5 said:

I knew about his avatar, but did you create the cool painting that we can also see in the gallery of this mission? Also is there a backstory to his avatar?

Yes, I create this. There were several designs, based on Grayman's avatar to commemorate him, there is still a thread about this on the forum. In the end, this one was chosen.
I still have the original on the disk, in case anyone wants it and the community permit it. I don't want any copyrights, but I think it would be unethical to use it outside of TDM or private use.

fA0o8L.png

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

1 hour ago, Zerg Rush said:

Yes, I create this. There were several designs, based on Grayman's avatar to commemorate him, there is still a thread about this on the forum. In the end, this one was chosen.

Very well done! After playing this mission I feel kind of sad that his other unfinished missions can't be completed and are lost forever...

5 hours ago, Amadeus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for the reply Amadeus. Unfortunately, I am still unable to post spoilers from mobile browser, but I can at least post normally from pc. Must be some limitation in the way the mobile browser is presenting the page.

Spoiler

I am still having trouble finding the astralux. I suppose it's on one of the ghosts, based on the second journal entry? I haven't been able to find out which one it is yet, but I suppose just pickpocketing the right one is enough?

Spoiler
8 minutes ago, Silverflame3 said:

I am still having trouble finding the astralux. I suppose it's on one of the ghosts, based on the second journal entry? I haven't been able to find out which one it is yet, but I suppose just pickpocketing the right one is enough?

Hint:

Spoiler

Top floor of the manor. The floor at the top of the spiral staircase is not the top floor. There are two ways to get to the top floor: 1) a somewhat hidden way inside the manor and 2) the other is from the void.

Big Hint:

Spoiler

Top floor of the manor in one of the bed posts.

Video Spoiler:

Spoiler

Edited by Daft Mugi

8 minutes ago, Daft Mugi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hint:

Reveal hidden contents

Top floor of the manor. The floor at the top of the spiral staircase is not the top floor. There are two ways to get to the top floor: 1) a somewhat hidden way inside the manor and 2) the other is from the void.

Big Hint:

Reveal hidden contents

Top floor of the manor in one of the bed posts.

Video Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, thank you so much, I've been trying to find the damned thing for three nights now! My pc has a bit of a darker screen, so sometimes I am unable to spot such details.

2 minutes ago, Spyrano said:

Such an amazing mission! So glad it was able to be completed. Many thanks to all involved.

And thank you for playing! I'm glad you liked it

• Like 1

Hi all, begging for help here

I'm in the

Spoiler

exploded realm

& I've found

Spoiler

-recursive spade
-mimicked heirloom
-dewdrop

then I went for a joyride & I found I was missing at least one item, which looking back through the thread seems to be just one item called a

Spoiler

-looking glass echo

Can anyone give me a hint which area I should be looking in please

20 minutes ago, esme said:

Can anyone give me a hint which area I should be looking in please

Hey esme!

Spoiler

You should check the area where you first found Lady L