The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

When you run the map and shoot out the light with a water arrow, have a look in the console to see if any error message.

I tried that and got this message: warning: script (tdm_lights.script(148) : Thread 'light_moving_ext::

response - extinguish' : Target ExtinguishChandelier specifies non - existent script function!

LOl Fids you crack me up, when have you know windows to do or make anything easy for the end user...

I believe nborhmore got quite vocal about in my thread, but your right we should make this patch manitory for all TDM users - players/mappers alike.

This is just too deliciously amusing.

LEGION's 4GB hack is going to be responsible for the completion of at least 3 major maps now. :laugh:

Time for a LEGION interview?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Yes, everything is correct. I hope it doesn't matter that there are some another maps in the maps folder.

No, it doesn't matter what other maps there are. Can you zip up your folders and relevant contents and upload them somewhere then pm the url so I can look for the error?

Fids, LEGION is not the author of the 4GB patch. Apart from the fact that he's a German (and Daniel Pistelli is probably not), he himself said that he has zero knowledge of such advanced stuff.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

LEGION brought up the tool as a way to improve end-user performance for playing the mod. Everyone (myself included) thought it was a bad idea because more RAM doesn't always equal faster FPS and it would lead to having a large number of end-users running a questionably stable (and unsupported) configuration.

Then Biker ran up against this internal memory limit when dmapping his map and Ungoliant suggested that he try the patch (and I recommended adding the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE switch for good measure in case the patch doesn't cover that).

LEGION has requested that Biker add a cat to his mission in repayment :laugh:

Edited by nbohr1more

As long as it's only for dmapping it should be OK.

I will say though that Biker was reporting ram usage below the 2GB 32bit application limit (in Windows) so this patch would even help with maps that use a little over 1GB for the players...

Still risky to advise it for players though... Mappers OTOH it seems pretty safe. (It's either the patch or switching to Linux)

Can you zip up your folders and relevant contents and upload them somewhere then pm the url so I can look for the error?

Done. Can I somehow post the link only to you so noone can download it? I don't want anyone to see that until its finished. :D

Done. Can I somehow post the link only to you so noone can download it? I don't want anyone to see that until its finished. :D

Yes, upload it to megaupload or some other site and you will get a random download link. Send it to him via PM.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

@Rek:

The problem is that your text editor is adding a .txt suffix and Windows is probably hiding it.

So instead of jumper5.script you have jumper5.script.txt

Instead of jumper5.skin you have jumper5.skin.txt

In Windows Explorer goto menu > Tools > Folder Options > Tab View > UNcheck the box: Hide extensions for known file types. Then you can rename the files. Windows may protest but just override it.

@Rek:

The problem is that your text editor is adding a .txt suffix and Windows is probably hiding it.

So instead of jumper5.script you have jumper5.script.txt

Instead of jumper5.skin you have jumper5.skin.txt

In Windows Explorer goto menu > Tools > Folder Options > Tab View > UNcheck the box: Hide extensions for known file types. Then you can rename the files. Windows may protest but just override it.

Great, it helped. Thank you Fidcal. But one more thing. When the candles are extinguished, they have a black texture. Is that right?

Great, it helped. Thank you Fidcal. But one more thing. When the candles are extinguished, they have a black texture. Is that right?

Mmmm.. you're right. On mine it is so dark when they go out that at a distance I didn't notice. I'll have to have a look why. I might need to change that skin to a different texture or something.

@Rek:

Yes, in the skin file, change the nodraw to tdm/candle_c_unlit on the candle line only (not the flame) so, change the line...

models/mapobjects/hell/Site3/archviletemple/candle_d nodraw

to...

models/mapobjects/hell/Site3/archviletemple/candle_d tdm/candle_c_unlit

Glad you spotted that as it was wrong in my FM too. :)