The Dark Mod Forums

Lesson: Don't join FB pages of your favourite show

Springheel

Bloody hell.

I'm a huge fan of the Walking Dead. I "like" the WD page on FB. Show was on last night, but I was out and didn't have time to watch it. Planned to do it tonight. Sat down to briefly check my FB and got a major ass spoiler right in the first line of their fucking status update for the show. This is the fucking age of PVRs...why the hell would you give away major spoilers right in the first line, where people can't possibly miss it, less than 24 hrs after the show aired?

• Like 1

So I love this show to death and I'm good friends with one of the writers and he gave me a sneak peek at the episodes coming up. I'm so glad that fucking kid (Carl) gets turned into a Zombie! I was hoping he would shoot himself in the face but alas no such luck.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

hah, I don't do facebollox and twatter for many reasons and here is another example in a long list of reason not to join that damn site.

agreed, i've never signed up for twitter, FB i put up a profile once a few years ago, deleted all personal information about it a while back, and don't use it anymore. Too bad they log everything, so they still have information about me and my interests, and a few personal contacts and affilations attached to an email address that I still use.

edit: heard some news lately that employers are starting to require your facebook PASSWORD for.... things. Only in America?

Edited by ungoliant

That sucks....

I did post something related to the show last night, but I only posted to my own status and not the Walking Dead page. I only posted the word "Finally..." ... not giving any indication as to what it meant, in hopes that my friends who watch the show would see that and know what I was referring to, after they watched it too..

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

edit: heard some news lately that employers are starting to require your facebook PASSWORD for.... things. Only in America?

How reliable is that info? I'd like to be able to quote it if it comes from a legitimate source.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I'd like to know if this is a one-time slip or if this approach is already employed on a massive scale. If the latter is the case, I'd like you to post links to the respective articles.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I'd like to know if this is a one-time slip or if this approach is already employed on a massive scale. If the latter is the case, I'd like you to post links to the respective articles.

Well I found that with a quick google search, so you could try to find some more yourself. I found a few stories about this, but a quick glance made me assume they refer to this one case.

Preposterous. Maybe they want to test what you are willing to do for the job?

"FB login, sell your mother, accept boss molestation?

No? Are you sure? Oh, sorry, you were not the person we are looking for... Next!"

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I can not see how that is even remotley legal, if an employer tried that shit here in the UK they would be legally kicked back into the middle of last week. Here we have yet another BIG reason not to join f-bollox and the like.

hah, I don't do facebollox and twatter for many reasons and here is another example in a long list of reason not to join that damn site.

This.

Here's a thief story about facebook

http://www.brainsturbator.com/articles/facebook_the_cia_and_you/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook

BTW: What's the "Like This"-button for? It is new?

Blabbermouths on morning talk radio have the same problem. They can't keep their mouths shut about plot twists and surprises.

It's almost like we have to live in a sealed cocoon when we don't get to watch a movie on its release date, or a TV show first showing.

The Walking Dead is the best show on TV. Bar none. Rick's character arc is progressing nicely.

Eager for the season finale next Sunday. Not eager for the drought that follows, while waiting for Season 3.

Hmmm... I dont know guys, dont want to diminish anyone's excitment about the series, but I must say I was a bit disappointed with it by the end of the first season...

To begin with, the whole opening act is literally copied and pasted from 28 Days Later, with the difference that it went directly to graphical sightings of the undead right from inside the hospital (while in 28 days later you were left without understanding anything for a looong time, worked pretty well if you ask me); Then some really off decisions start to happen, people just ALWAYS seem to behave in this sort of fantasy in slightly bizarre ways. He drives himself and his poor horse right into a city and a crowd of zombies with no appearent concern, walking around in broad view of anyone (and why not an unvulnerable car instead?); after he gets rescued, they spend a lot of time in this gradually degrading community that for some unexplained reason decided to camp inside an opening in a forest, a strategic nightmare - wasnt it obvious to everyone that they would never be able to see a zombie coming up untill he jumped out of the tree line, literally already inside the camp? and that it would be impossible to defend a place where people's tents are stattered around the limits, and even if you run, your still inside a dense forest and for all you know you might be running right into them? Why not a plain or a mount where you could at least spot them coming with a bit of an advance, or even a fenced farm or something? Anyway you get the picture...

Its kind of a shame there are so much of this kind of thing in horror, they just kind of drain the fun for me. The series is still cool, with good acting, production values and the right tone, some complexity to characters (not everyone is either good or bad, etc), but I still havent felt motivated to watched the new episodes...

Edited by RPGista

The original story i picked up on while channel surfing, it was either on fox news or cnn, in the past 2 months.

its not just limited to the workplace. Here's another story:

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_16546.shtml