So I recently reinstalled the Dark Mod to do some more gameplay--and I am really really enjoying the game. This is totally my favorite type of game...first person, dark vibes, slow, clear objectives, puzzles and strategies to figure out, and really it's the only game other than Theif that is like this... Absolutely amazed at what the team has accomplished. However, here are a few ideas I have that I think would help possibly refine the experience or enhance the gameplay
- When you draw (switch to) the blackjack, the sound is very loud--kinda like he's setting up a tent or something, it doesn't feel very stealthy.
- When you accidentally raise your blackjack, there is no good way of lowering it without being loud as well, just look at the sky and hope it doesn't hit a wall on the way down.
- Objects clattering around. This is one of the only things that really annoys me (in the game that is). Maybe it's selecting a candle to put it out or accidentally picking up a wine bottle you thought was valuable--trying to set it down can turn into a loud series of crashing/clanking sounds that alert guards for miles around.
- Peering, looking into chests is an absolute nightmare when you are trying to stay low...if you are crouched you have to crawl on top of the chest, maybe where, on selecting/opening a chest, he leans forward and peers in, giving you a clear top down view of the contents
- Flattening yourself against the wall. I would love to see this implemented, the ability to back into a wall and maybe press the sneak key or something to make the thief suck in his breath and flatten himself into the wall, reducing his visibility and making it less likely are guard will bump into him, this would be super handy when trapped in a tight hallway...
I do recognize that the developers are extremely busy right now, and they also have lives to live so I completely understand, I think the work done so far is absolutely phenomenal. I would absolutely love to contribute somehow, possibly when I've graduated school in a few weeks...