The Dark Mod Forums

Looking for TDM2.0 beta-testers!

Springheel

Ok, everyone who has posted should be set up for seeing the beta-testing forum, and sent their name/password combo for SVN. Instructions will be posted in the beta-testing forum for those not familiar with SVN already.

I'm busy with my WIP and would like to complete it before doing anything else. (Obsessive Single Item Focus syndrome) ;)

So I would be incredibly grateful if could community people could test my previous missions. It is easy: play the mission through and grab a screenie and write a report what problems you saw.

I just cannot bring myself to test them. I probably am the only one who can update them so I can probably do that if I'm not totally burned out.

I am on the same page: I would rather I didn't have to do this. Plus the mission that's producing issues in my case is RttC, and Bikerdude knows it better nowadays than I would...

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

The first step is testing to identify if there are any changes mappers need to make.

Beta-testing will tell us that. In an ideal world, there won't be anything the mapper needs to worry about.

Once we have a list of "mapper fix" issues, then mappers can decide if they want to be the ones to fix them, or whether they'd like someone else to do it.

I'll be signing up the rest of the people who volunteered this weekend, and then that will probably bit it for now.

Ok, everyone else in the thread should be set up now. That will be all the testers we need until we get close to an actual release package.

Ok, everyone else in the thread should be set up now. That will be all the testers we need until we get close to an actual release package.

It seems it didn't work for me, unless I'm doing something wrong. :blush:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 2 weeks later...

I'd very much like to be in the beta. I'm a Dev at Microsoft by day, but happy to lend a hand testing at night... when the work of a thief should be done. On a semi-related note. I have an oculus rift if anyone wants to work with me to integrate VR :D

• Like 2

I'm in yur forumz,

Makin' them frobbable.

I'd very much like to be in the beta. I'm a Dev at Microsoft by day, but happy to lend a hand testing at night... when the work of a thief should be done. On a semi-related note. I have an oculus rift if anyone wants to work with me to integrate VR :D

Great! Is it hurting eyes?

What excuse do we have not to sculpt, and sculpt, and sculpt, until the job is done?

IIRC some people at Doom3World were talking about getting the Oculus working for the Doom3 engine generally, which I think would port to our engine relatively easily. So you could look up what they've worked on to get up to speed maybe (if anything, I actually don't have any idea).

As for our team, Sparhawk is the one that was talking about playing with this when it was still in development, but that was years ago now and he hasn't been around in a while, so not sure I'd hold out for that. We have other coders, but everybody has their hands full with 2.0 right now. After that might be a good time for someone to help out on this. But maybe someone else will be interested, who knows... I know a lot of us are interested & would love this feature. We have a thread or two on it somewhere on these forums too if you want to look that up.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late to the party but I have cleared about 30GB of space so I can participate if needed. I have SVN credentials, I will just need the privilege to see stuff beyond the Campaign project.

Thanks,

nbohr1more

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• 2 weeks later...

We have all the people we need right now for mission testing. When the time comes for testing the final release package we may put out another call.

Welcome, Expack3!

We're getting close to the 2.0 endgame, and we always run a bout of beta testing with pre-release packages. Looking forward to your helping out when that time comes.

Have you been playing the existing missions with 1.08? Familiarity with one or more of those would help, because we'll be looking for "what's different as we move from 1.08 to 2.0?".

Welcome, Expack3!

We're getting close to the 2.0 endgame, and we always run a bout of beta testing with pre-release packages. Looking forward to your helping out when that time comes.

Have you been playing the existing missions with 1.08? Familiarity with one or more of those would help, because we'll be looking for "what's different as we move from 1.08 to 2.0?".

I'd be more than happy to assist in testing the pre-release packages when the time comes. Unfortunately, I don't own a copy of Doom 3, ergo I have never had the pleasure of playing The Dark Mod, including v 1.08. However, for what it's worth, I am quite familiar with the gameplay of the first two Thief games - especially as I own and regularly play Thief II: The Metal Age.

I'd be more than happy to assist in testing the pre-release packages when the time comes. Unfortunately, I don't own a copy of Doom 3, ergo I have never had the pleasure of playing The Dark Mod, including v 1.08. However, for what it's worth, I am quite familiar with the gameplay of the first two Thief games - especially as I own and regularly play Thief II: The Metal Age.

Excellent!