The Dark Mod Forums

Sad News 😢 (but fm release?) [MAKE BELIEVE/NOT REAL/FAKE]

31 minutes ago, Wellingtoncrab said:

What coin? There is no coin in the mission.

Just pack up your belongings and leave town.

my mistake, when I went to Blockbuster for Moving Day 2 I accidentally picked up the Asylum release "Moving Day Too" - it had almost the same box art, such misleading packaging should be illegal

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, hightide said:

my mistake, when I went to Blockbuster for Moving Day 2 I accidentally picked up the Asylum release "Moving Day Too" - it had almost the same box art, such misleading packaging should be illegal

Disgraceful. It seems like people will do anything for a coin these days.

That’s a big reason why I made this mission just about a house with zero coins in it.

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

18 hours ago, hightide said:

I obtained the coin and the mission ended. This was an interesting experiment, but I feel I'm missing something.

How did you obtain the coin?

Spoiler

I thought maybe I should clean down the black smudge on the apartment wall, so I shot it with the water arrow, but to no avail.

Edited by Tarhiel

27 minutes ago, Tarhiel said:

How did you obtain the coin?

Reveal hidden contents

I thought maybe I should clean down the black smudge on the apartment wall, so I shot it with the water arrow, but to no avail.

A coin cannot be obtained.

As author of the mission I should know how it is coin free.

• Thanks 1

The coin is a little joke in the mission end stats. It exists solely to mock you, similar to the newspaper stating it's missing. There is no actual coin in the mission. Because it's missing, just like the newspaper says.

You can clearly see how TDM players do not believe much in thieving-free missions. There has to be loot, right? Rather than pack their belongings and leave, they chase after a coin that does not exist, only because the stat screen tells them there is a coin even though there is none. TDM is a game about stealing, after all. There's no room left for locking your apartment, stacking your furniture onto a cart, and leaving.

But perhaps sometimes that's all you can do.

Maybe that is what you should do. 

Ignore the coin. Ignore the ugly stain on the wall, it's no good. Don't even look at it. Pack your belongings and forget. Ignorance is bliss.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kopfrkingl said:

The coin is a little joke in the mission end stats. It exists solely to mock you, similar to the newspaper stating it's missing. There is no actual coin in the mission. Because it's missing, just like the newspaper says.

You can clearly see how TDM players do not believe much in thieving-free missions. There has to be loot, right? Rather than pack their belongings and leave, they chase after a coin that does not exist, only because the stat screen tells them there is a coin even though there is none. TDM is a game about stealing, after all. There's no room left for locking your apartment, stacking your furniture onto a cart, and leaving.

But perhaps sometimes that's all you can do.

Maybe that is what you should do. 

Ignore the coin. Ignore the ugly stain on the wall, it's no good. Don't even look at it. Pack your belongings and forget. Ignorance is bliss.

Since hightide obtained it, it must be :)
Also, why is nobody mentioning the elephant in the room and that is - why does Jonathan Taylor Thomas have to move and why is there no poster of him in the game, yet on the main menu screen there is?

3 hours ago, Tarhiel said:

Since hightide obtained it, it must be :)

Oh you mean the bug on the loot screen? No matter what I did, it wouldn't go away. But there's no need to worry, it's just a floating point precision issue and it can't hurt anyone, ha ha 😃

3 hours ago, Tarhiel said:

why does Jonathan Taylor Thomas have to move and why is there no poster of him in the game, yet on the main menu screen there is?

No problem.

Upon the receipt of the cashier's check, the guide will be sent to your house within 10 business days.

Thank you.

On 4/4/2024 at 8:49 PM, Kopfrkingl said:

Iplayed this Mission, solving the 3 secrets and finish it getting the coin. Yes, you can finish the mission after loading the car and leave with it, but also finding the penny, gaining access to the theatre  in the base entry at the end of the road. ‼️ Guards turned into zombies.

• Haha 1

so secrets are also - no - 2 secrets are Joke ?!
but theres still a thievie challenge !!! : 
Grab the guards arrow - without suspicious ; even it won´t count in the stats . 😋

But tell me – why are these April fools so big on the data???
JackFarmers is twice the size – but 5 missions – and each is 10 times bigger

@Wellingtoncrab would you mind editing the main post by either removing those parts about you being lost or at least put an "april fools" disclaimer on it. I might be over sensitive, but given the actual losses of some beloved community members, I kind of feel like this is something not to joke about. And honestly, I completely fell for it at first and was really sad and shocked for a minute or two, and frequently checked your profile if you finally came back online. 😄 

By the way: Did you steal the idea from myhouse.wad? 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• LePetit_Baguette_69 changed the title to Sad News 😢 (but fm release?) [MAKE BELIEVE/NOT REAL/FAKE]
4 hours ago, STiFU said:

By the way: Did you steal the idea from myhouse.wad? 🙂 

Yes.

4 hours ago, STiFU said:

@Wellingtoncrab would you mind editing the main post by either removing those parts about you being lost or at least put an "april fools" disclaimer on it.

Sure, I will change it, but I do mind.

In addition to changing the forum title, I have also had the name of the pk4 changed in the mission downloader and the thiefguild.com site’s named changed.

It's not just some "joke". The forum post and thread are intended to be a natural extension of the mission’s story, a concept that is already SUPER derivative of almost any haunted media story or most vaguely creepy things written on the internet in the past 10 or 15 years.

Given your familiarity with myhouse.wad, you also can clearly engage with something like that on some conceptual level. Just not here on our forums? We can host several unhinged racist tirades in the off-topic section but can’t handle creepypasta without including an advisory the monsters aren’t actually under the bed? (Are they though?)

I am also trying to keep an open mind, but I am not really feeling your implication that using a missing person as a framing of a work of fiction is somehow disrespectful to people who are actually gone. I have no idea as even a mediocre creative person what to say to that or why I need to be responsible for making sure nobody potentially believes some creative work I am involved in, or how that is even achievable in the first place.

Anyway, apologies for the bummer. That part wasn’t intentional. I am still here.

I will also clarify that while I love the game, I never got the biggest house in animal crossing either. In the end Tom Nook took even my last shiny coin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry, I didn't mean to step on your toes and to dictate the title change on you. I was merely raising concerns, as the title and beginning of this thread reads an awful lot like one of these here... 😞 

Full disclosure: I haven't played your FM, yet, so maybe I didn't get the full picture. But then again, there are probably more people as clueless as me that don't get it at first either. Futhermore, you had some avatar come in and tell us about the loss of a beloved community member, wheras in myhouse.wad, it was the opposite, i.e., some random dude nobody in the community knew was gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just here to gush embarrassingly about another Wellington Crab mission. MD2: LHMN is a delicious bit of offbeat strangeness, dreamlike, surreal, but made odd sense to me at the right moments, so that I made it though the entire thing by myself this time, instead of being constantly (though enjoyably) overwhelmed as in Iris. Of course, it's lovingly crafted and peppered with clever little bits of window dressing that might seem distracting and extraneous in a lesser mission. I still have little idea what the overall story was, but I enjoyed every minute of the experience. Wellington Crab, you are a genius and an artist, and I look forward keenly to your next mission.

Edited by Oleron
  • Like 2