• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#176 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 02:02 PM

Correction, I think this is not surface-related, but maybe has something to do with portals? It's around the first area with apebeasts. When I cross either the portal on the left or on the right for the first time, there's like one-second hitch.

obraz.png

#177 kingsal

kingsal

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:29 PM

Hmm that;s very strange. I PM'd you on discord for more details. 

I've updated to Cauldron 2.1 which fixes a few minor bugs but also removes save games that I accidentally packaged with the mission :o .Should be in the in-game downloader soon. 

This update isn't significant enough to warrant starting the mission over if you've already got a game going. Just ignore the save games packaged with the mission.

#178 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:31 PM

Is it deliberate that the new version of this mission is named "Volta 2: Cauldron", while the older version 1.2 was named "Volta 2: Cauldron of the gods"? This way, i have the two missions in TDM now, opposed to the old version being updated.

I know that i can manually remove the mission of course, i was just wondering. May have to do with savegames not being compatible anymore?

Edited by chakkman, 22 August 2018 - 12:33 PM.

#179 kingsal

kingsal

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:55 PM

Is it deliberate that the new version of this mission is named "Volta 2: Cauldron", while the older version 1.2 was named "Volta 2: Cauldron of the gods"? This way, i have the two missions in TDM now, opposed to the old version being updated.

I know that i can manually remove the mission of course, i was just wondering. May have to do with savegames not being compatible anymore?

It is deliberate. I shortened the name so it will work better in the UI and because of the significant changes made in 2.0 (old saves will definitely not work). Also people just refer to it as "Cauldron" anyhow  :)

Edit: I did the same with "Volta and the Stone" which is now called "Volta I: The Stone"

Edited by kingsal, 22 August 2018 - 01:05 PM.

• Anderson likes this

#180 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

Alright, fair enough.

#181 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:52 PM

This is such a good mission. I had to cheat in order to find all the loot, but the locations I missed were totally fair and really sneaky. Has anyone found all the loot legitimately?

And lots of Secrets which is a big plus for me.

It's hard to believe this is only the 2nd mission by Kingsal. And it is completely different from Volta 1. I look forward to whatever comes next.

#182 Aildon_01

Aildon_01

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

Just finished on 2.06 

Pure epic.

#183 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:39 AM

Awesome mission. Really loved this and it had so many feels from the old Thief games. One problem though which happened quite a lot. 

Getting stuck on a clipped brush. Usually it floor brushes that had been clipped to look like cave floor, with assorted angles on them.

The problem was the angle line. I can't tell you how many times I got stuck on the floor angle change line. 

Other than that, gorgeous mission. :)

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedar...2017-update-16/

#184 kingsal

kingsal

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:59 PM

This is such a good mission. I had to cheat in order to find all the loot, but the locations I missed were totally fair and really sneaky. Has anyone found all the loot legitimately?

And lots of Secrets which is a big plus for me.

It's hard to believe this is only the 2nd mission by Kingsal. And it is completely different from Volta 1. I look forward to whatever comes next.

Thanks! I have a new mission in the works, but it won't be ready for a while as my real life schedule is pretty busy. Can't believe you hunted down all that loot, haha.

Just finished on 2.06 

Pure epic.

Thanks for playing, glad you dug it!

Awesome mission. Really loved this and it had so many feels from the old Thief games. One problem though which happened quite a lot. 

Getting stuck on a clipped brush. Usually it floor brushes that had been clipped to look like cave floor, with assorted angles on them.

The problem was the angle line. I can't tell you how many times I got stuck on the floor angle change line. 

Other than that, gorgeous mission. :)

Glad you liked the mission! Sorry about the clipping issues, I thought I resolved most of them in the latest version. It's weird because some people don't have any problems and others seem to constantly get stuck.

Edited by kingsal, Yesterday, 01:56 PM.

• Anderson likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: volta, cauldron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users