The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

Next hour? :wacko: Aaaaaaaaaaa! It is 22:36 already! :laugh:

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I have an issue with how the leaves look in the ground cover texture... I'd say they shouldn'tbe so clean, ... A more olive colour and a more obvious pattern...

Yes, this has been bothering me so I've re-processed the main one, original on the right, new ones on the left in the image below. They are not perfect but better I think.

post-400-128879169788_thumb.jpg

Yes, this has been bothering me so I've re-processed the main one, original on the right, new ones on the left in the image below. They are not perfect but better I think.

post-400-128879169788_thumb.jpg

Yeah, much better :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Like I said, that ground cover was just temp attpemt at baking normals, getting the shape, etc..

And it's probably going to change. That was just a green layer on an Ao bake and normal map. Fututre version will have more leafs (each unique), I actually think I posted that somewhere after the green ones too.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Ok, so where last I left off, I believe there were some comments that my mansion looked entirely too clean, so before scurrying off to work on the indoor architecture, I had to clean up some performance issues, and dirtify the outside of the south entrance just to see how it would look.

This is a before/after shot. The right side is clean, and all the rest is dirty (except the roof).

mansionx.th.jpg

more better?

An improvement. But you may want a few lights there to make the architecture stand out more and break it up a bit (if the FPS can take it). Light is good.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

yeah there were previously 2 spotlights shining on the walls, and accented a lot of the 3d trim on the upper floors. I removed them about 2 weeks ago trying to solve performance issues, but now that i've solved the real problems and its back up to 60 fps, i think i'll end up putting them back in.

Today I have been working on the map for my mission. It is of the ground floor, still need to make one of the second floor.

post-2221-12898398573_thumb.jpg

Other than that I still need to add some readable, briefing, shopitems, and I havent even thought of a name yet! laugh.gif

Yep, I'm hoping to begin beta testing in a weeks time, or so.

If you need any testers etc, drop me a pm.

Nice to see you've put a North pointer on there Jesps. Surprising how many Thief maps have had North on other sides with no pointer.

I always though the tip of a cross was considered north also..?

It is a bit quiet here after St. Alban and Knighton Manor... So, what are you working on right now? :)

Why not? Post one!