The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Away 1 - Air Pocket, by Geep (2020/02/07)

Regarding the gold bar "feature", I'd just remove it. Game studios drop months of story lines if they don't fit, no shame in that and only makes the game better.

My two cents: realistically if a person grabs heavy loot, they can just drop it, pick it up later, use your arms to "climb out" instead of swimming, and the gold bar doesn't weigh as much in the water. So there is no way a gold bar would insta-kill me. Plus I'd only read the objectives when I'm in a safe spot outside, keeping all objectives in-mind while digging in dark murky water is not the place for a player, especially in panic.

Awesome atmosphere otherwise! 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Story Tease On the run from her husband, me and my girl. With a bribe to a ship's captain, we're away. What could go wrong now? Oh, dammit. Links "Away 1 - Air Pocket" Version 1.0 is av

Thanks, everyone for the congrats. @JackFarmer, @joebarnin, maybe I should hire you guys as blurb writers, say...  

Dopefish, glad you liked some aspects. I understand regarding "underwhelming". Some of the existing FMs have wonderful deep playability. I think of these as big novels, like "War and Peace". I'm only

Posted Images

Hello, @Geep. :)

Your FM finally has a wiki article now, with all the bells and whistles:

https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Away_1:_Air_Pocket_(FM)

Sorry I didn't make it sooner.

Edited by Petike the Taffer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gerberox said:

A 10 cm object on a rope prevents me to reach the deck of the another ship.

Not good.

That object actually has the purpose to stop rats from climbing onto the ship via the mooring ropes. Seems it also works against thieves. (there's nothing to find on that ship anyway)

• Like 1