The Dark Mod Forums
stgatilov

Beta Testing 2.08

I found an odd glitch with a new model I believe @Springheel this is from your module set? The model in question is "models/darkmod/architecture/modules/sewer_tunnels01/round_sewer_straight01_hole.lwo"

YyZMt2f.png

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 9:20 PM, Araneidae said:

I don't know if this beta test is an opportunity to look at this, but there seems to have been a map breaking regression, probably introduced in 2.07, which makes it impossible to complete The King of Diamonds without resorting to noclip.  Specifically, there is an key character in an upstairs room who is scripted to wake up and walk out of the room at some point in play, but he is stuck against the chair he is trying to walk away from.  Looking at reports of this problem in the forum (and on a posted playthrough on youtube) I'm pretty sure this started around the time 2.07 came out.

I think it is related to 3989.

I would appreciate if you write exact steps to reproduce the problem. I mean a list of the actions that player must do, including coordinates of all locations.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, Abusimplea said:

On playing 2.08 beta 5 with 64 bit color i noticed that the using-the-correct-lockpick highlight is somewhat too bright (like using an RGB multiplier):

bcd_2020-05-03_13.00.51.jpg

Can reproduce in Gatehouse then picking the first pickable door

FWIW color depth is 32

9 hours ago, Goldwell said:

I found an odd glitch with a new model I believe @Springheel this is from your module set? The model in question is "models/darkmod/architecture/modules/sewer_tunnels01/round_sewer_straight01_hole.lwo"

Uploaded a fix to SVN.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me or there's a bug preventing the Inn business to load the second night?

All I get is the black screen

Condump attached

EDIT: after reloading the 1st night a couple of time I was able to progress 😕

q.txt

On 5/16/2020 at 8:37 AM, stgatilov said:

I think it is related to 3989.

I would appreciate if you write exact steps to reproduce the problem. I mean a list of the actions that player must do, including coordinates of all locations.

OK.  It would have been easier if there was somewhere for me to upload the save file, but here are the steps (I've marked two steps which I think count as spoilers):

• Start a new mission for The King of Diamonds (difficulty irrelevant)
  • Go to initial rendezvous at 219.72 -27.49 274.25 23.3 70.2 0.0 as required in briefing, pick up documents as requested.
  • Spoiler

Pickpocket key from engineer character, somewhere near -244.39 1132.31 52.7 -6.3 45.5 0.0

• Unlock door at 2082.19 1702.78 66.25 -7.9 58.3 0.0 (after picking door behind you)
  • Spoiler

Climb onto pipe at 2547.04 1729.14 260.25 -9.7 -3.3 0.0

• Enter compound, go up stairs, go through door straightahead, go into loft, and reach locked door at 1754.17 3027.94 468.25 8.0 -21.6 0.0. 
  • This door is locked, is unpickable, and the key is held by the trapped character inside.  His coordinates are close to 2172.21 3014.55 439.48 15.7 176.0 0.0: to my surprise I was able to walk inside his character mode, which is where that coordinate comes from.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 1:46 PM, duzenko said:

Can reproduce in Gatehouse then picking the first pickable door

FWIW color depth is 32

Same for me on every map I tried, though I was using x64. Annoying cause it's so bright both the red and green.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide [WIP]

Hi, new here. I was beta testing The Painter's Wife via the 2.08 beta and ran into a strange fps issue in certain areas of the map that was solved by deleting the darkmod.cfg file. After that the fps in those areas doubled. Hope this helps.

I would probably call this a release candidate.

I guess the one issue with stuck AI:

https://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=3989

is the last blocker.

The other remaining issues are enhancements or non-critical fixes.

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

My computer should be back working Friday, so I can spend some time on the problem this weekend 

• Like 2

I was having a problem with my .cfg file as well. Though this was on 2.07... Dragofer asked me to upload it here so it can be dissected.

Every time I loaded up a mission my computer would momentarily lose power and restart. Deleting this cfg solved the issue. Very strange.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide [WIP]

15 hours ago, nbohr1more said:

I guess the one issue with stuck AI:
is the last blocker.

How about these issues:

36. Successful lockpick highlight: too large and bold (link) --- nobody can reproduce it yet.
41. Plot character in The King of Diamonds is stuck in chair making FM unwinnable (link).
42. The guy is killed by collision with floor on knockout (link).

The last two are pretty bad: one causes instant gameover, the other makes FM unwinnable.

51 minutes ago, stgatilov said:

How about these issues:

The last two are pretty bad: one causes instant gameover, the other makes FM unwinnable.

Can we simulate high-fps on lower-tier systems? Like run game tics twice per vid frame?

3 hours ago, duzenko said:

Can we simulate high-fps on lower-tier systems? Like run game tics twice per vid frame?

Disable shadows and something else, set low RenderScale. There are plenty of ways to increase FPS for a developer.

5 hours ago, stgatilov said:

How about these issues:

In fairness, this one:

5 hours ago, stgatilov said:

41. Plot character in The King of Diamonds is stuck in chair making FM unwinnable (link).

1. Is probably fixable with a tiny tweak to the mission (move the character's start point away from the chair would probably be enough), but alas we don't seem to have a mechanism for issuing updates to FMs as part of TDM updates.
  2. This was already an issue with 2.07.

I didn't have enough time but I dmap'ed "King of Diamonds" in 2.08 and played for a bit.

Here is the condump for inspection.

kod_issue.txt

Edit: Dmap in 2.08 does not cure this one. The AI is stuck treadmilling away from his chair...

The area where the guy gets stuck violates two mapping rules:

1. The path_corner is too close to monsterclip.

2. The monsterclip doesn't go up to the ceiling, providing a surface that pathfinding thinks the AI can get to. AI climbing up on desks and tables usually results in them getting stuck, because pathfinding doesn't allow them to get back down.

This should also have failed prior to 2.07, so I'll be testing with 2.06 this weekend.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this problem.

I'm testing with beta6, and the AI is able to sit down at the desk and subsequently stand up and walk away w/no problem.

I tested this 5x in a row, and he was ok each time.

By whatever means, I'm going to need someone to create a savegame showing the problem, using beta6.

Interesting. Perhaps there is a triggered event that is keeping him in place?

My replication involved lots of setviewpos warping and noclip to get to the room.

When I viewed g_showCollisionModels I saw what looked like a cylinder around the AI but I presumed

it was part of the AI cm setup?

Hello,

just want to report that I had crash to desktop with 3 FMs, and now they run ok with 2.08 :

- King of the Mountain

- The Ravine

- Down By the Riverside

- Sometimes I also have stutering sounds in 2.07 when I switch from menu to game, which take lots of CPU and slow down the game. In order to make sound work well again, I have to return to the game and make noise, like smashing object with blackjack. This sound bug is no longer observed with 2.08.

- In 2.07 I've noticed that EAX is applied on the "pick object sound", I don't know if that was intentional, it feel weird to hear this sound with big echo in a cavern for example.

Bravo and thanks to the tech team, you're doing an amazing job 👍

edit : just found a bug while playing The Ravine, don't know if it's 2.08 related

happened only in water, the compass is displayed under the riverbed. If I turn head to left, compass disappear

ravine-2020-05-24-21-57-43.jpg

Edited by Apiai
add ravine compas bug
  • Like 1

Black objects with FM Down By the Riverside

river-2020-05-25-01-07-40.jpg

river-2020-05-25-01-09-11.jpg

river-2020-05-25-00-40-17.jpg

Hello, I would need help to test french translation : 

- I've extracted tdm_base01/strings/all.lang

- I've translated all new strings in the french section

- As I prefer not to modify the original tdm_base01.pk4, I've zipped translated all.lang file into a new pk4 : tdm_base02.pk4 (all.lang is in tdm_base02.pk4/strings/)

- I've put tdm_base02.pk4 in TDM root folder.

- I've launched TDM, but it's not working, I've checked new translated graphics options and they are not translated 😕

How can I test the translations ?

edit : I've made backup of tdm_base01.pk4, then I've updated with french translations, it's now working. I'll post all.lang after correcting some too long texts.

Edited by Apiai

On 4/12/2020 at 7:12 AM, zergrush said:

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I found a weird bug with blackjacking.

If you happen to press middle mouse button + attack with the blackjack select, the animation will play with a weird distortion and the attack will produce neither a sound or damage.

Video below.

https://youtu.be/z4mRSA0kWyY

Is the middle button set to "parry" if so this is a duplicate of:

https://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=4094

https://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=2509

• Like 1

Maybe thoses texts are hardcoded instead of using str :

"#str_02122"    "Load - Save"
    "#str_02123"    "Load Mission"
    "#str_02124"    "Save Mission"

V2-08-Hardcoded-texts.png