The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

That's an odd decision to make. I could see it for something like Devil May Cry, but not Thief. I'm assuming noone thought that just speeding up the existing music might make for a good idea

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Yeah, I agree with that, but since they were determined to crowbar that shit in somewhere, making the existing music faster/more tense would have probably been the least immersion-destroying way to do it. Oh well.

Agree 100%, however a point in EM's defense, is that at some point the average consumer is going to have to start taking some responsibility for the shape of the games industry today. They won't keep making something noone is buying, and that the same dreck keeps coming out on a calendar schedule, combined with the earnings reports for the titles, suggest that a large number of people are not taking responsibility, or outright don't care, and they're the market this stuff is being aimed at. Unfortunate that so many venerable IP's have been dragged from the grave for another chance at life under such circumstances.

So far my list is Thief, Command and Conquer, Dungeon Keeper, MechWarrior. Hopefully no more games I fondly remember from the past are dragged screaming and rotting into the light of day in this way. Shadow Warrior was done reasonably well, and gives me hope that Blood could be done well too, just need the right studio working on it. If Blood came back as an F2P deathmatch arena shooter with microtransactions, that'd be another game from the past I'd be washing my hands of.

At least EM isn't going for microtransactions (that I'm aware of, they're my personal scourge of the industry at the moment), which is something at least. Thankfully some people, mainly indie developers, are making games that still interest me. DayZ is shaping up nicely, Long Dark should be hitting alpha soon and it looks cool, Project Zomboid is slowly shuffling towards more content releases and Steam sales take care of the rest. My days of pre-ordering games, dlc and especially season passes, are over.

the video's showing the full game are rumored to be from a playtester's copy of the full game, probably the same playtester who leaked the 'deus ex' beta version from EM.

Not watched them myself, just traced what it says about the upload of the leaked game.

Edited by stumpy

Well the game comes out in 4 days, i'm sure we will start seeing more and more people get there hands on it before it's officially released.

I have only watched about 5 seconds of leaked footage to see if it was real and yeah it was then I stopped as I don't want any spoilers. Outside of that I have seen one twitch stream with Stephane Roy showing off two levels of the game. I really hope no one posts spoilers from the game though.

The community here is smart and respectful enough not to (which is why it's the only forum i'm visiting until post-release)

edit: oh and something that I learned from the official twitch streams is that the bank heist DLC will be available for purchase day 1 according to Stephane. So if anyone had reservations on pre-ordering based on that yeah.. it will be available for purchase straight away.

Edited by Goldwell

Here's a video of the burning bridge escape sequence. It seems to be completely linear with a lot of scripted events. I wouldn't need that in any other game but in a game called Thief it's absolutely out of place.

And if you want to get a good impression of the game don't watch the rest of the stream because this guy is really bad at it. He would propably make the originals look terrible.

There's a particularly scathing user review of the game from thiefinthedark, based on watching it on video from start to finish, that interested people might (or quite frankly, might not) want to read:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143294&p=2236359&viewfull=1#post2236359

Keep in mind, this guy has always been on the more critical side of the game over the last few years while it's been in development.

• Like 1

Does this game require Steam? If it does, and yet there is neither multiplayer nor editing tools, that is pretty unethical IMO. "You can't play with other people, nor can you mod/map for the game, but you have to use an online profile so we can track you."

Then again, the last Tomb Raider didn't require Steam.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Here's a video of the burning bridge escape sequence. It seems to be completely linear with a lot of scripted events. I wouldn't need that in any other game but in a game called Thief it's absolutely out of place.

And if you want to get a good impression of the game don't watch the rest of the stream because this guy is really bad at it. He would propably make the originals look terrible.

Started watching but stopped....

What's with the music? It's not Thief-like at all.

I like how the guy in the bridge video presses to the table at around 38:40. It seems he was actually trying to frob the box. Are the cover/action button the same?

Also, the constant flashing of the edges of the screen is really irritating.

76561198061377149.png

the music and special effects sounds on different volume sliders.

Shhhh Don't give them any ideas. They took away our dev console access and advanced graphics options; and we don't want them taking away our ability to adjust trivial things like volume levels too. After all, the goal is to turn gaming into another passive medium like television where all you do is consume content, how and when it is given to you. We can't even jump wherever we like anymore for cryin' out loud!

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.