The Dark Mod Forums

Oh shit.

Kurshok

Quote: 

Sharia laws on one side... amazons diversity guidelines on the other.
We now live in a world of extremes.

My heart goes out to the women in afgahn... Old, religious, men will now decide their fate and lifestyle... It will destroy the entire country.

• Sad 1

Can we have more scary Zombie Horror maps?

Let's not.

• Like 2

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

5 hours ago, Filizitas said:

Quote: 

Sharia laws on one side... amazons diversity guidelines on the other.
We now live in a world of extremes.

My heart goes out to the women in afgahn... Old, religious, men will now decide their fate and lifestyle... It will destroy the entire country.

It isn't right. We should have never pulled out. I'm voting next time for someone who will retake the area for Democracy. It sucked, but much like Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, it looks like Afghanistan is an area of the world that needs policing to ensure authoritarian neighbors don't try and conquer it to defend the locals freedoms. Looking at Pakistan, who helped the Taliban.

Edited by Kurshok

The West spends trillions and loses thousands of lives for the futile installation of democracy in foreign countries on the other side of the world, while China invests trillions in infrastructure and is now poised to dominate this century.

After ca. 20 years in Vietnam and another 20 years in Afghanistan, how much more do we need to learn from our mistakes?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dragofer said:

The West spends trillions and loses thousands of lives for the futile installation of democracy in foreign countries on the other side of the world, while China invests trillions in infrastructure and is now poised to dominate this century.

After ca. 20 years in Vietnam and another 20 years in Afghanistan, how much more do we need to learn from our mistakes?

As long as we benefit the lives of the innocent, allowing for women and girls to receive education, for separation of church and state, and the legalization of apostasy and secularism, no price is too high. Fuck theocracy.

52 minutes ago, Kurshok said:

As long as we benefit the lives of the innocent, allowing for women and girls to receive education, for separation of church and state, and the legalization of apostasy and secularism, no price is too high. Fuck theocracy.

All the things you say are NOT the real goal, the real goal is the extension of the market.

Let apart that all those things when gained through violence are simply rejected.

We're gonna need to re-invade Afghanistan.

Another "troll" thread like the one on Islam? Or simply lack of sense of reality (the REAL reality, the one totally anti-idealistic and brutal but REAL).

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

7 hours ago, Filizitas said:

My heart goes out to the women in afgahn... Old, religious, men will now decide their fate and lifestyle

The young ones.

And the old ones - like the men - prefering the sharia? (indoctrinated since childhood and full of fear, sure, but you must take them in account too - and no, you can't "undo" old women or pretending they're not existing )

Just remember that exporting communism of Marx UK's vision to post-feudal Russia made the USSR the maelstrom we all know and the today Putin's Russia where the "democracy" is simply a straw man (Putin "democratic" vision is the same of Stalin with the Ortodox Christianity instead of Marxism).

Maybe "exporting" values is one of the most stupid things to do. And not "maybe".

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Let's accept all teh migrants.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

2 hours ago, lowenz said:

All the things you say are NOT the real goal, the real goal is the extension of the market.

Let apart that all those things when gained through violence are simply rejected.

We're gonna need to re-invade Afghanistan.

Another "troll" thread like the one on Islam? Or simply lack of sense of reality (the REAL reality, the one totally anti-idealistic and brutal but REAL).

I'm not a goddamn troll. But then again, isn't it easy for people to try and discredit others as "trolling" on a digital platform? No, I mean every fucking word I say when it comes to the topics. And yeah, reality can be brutal and unfair. Doesn't mean we have to accept it and get beaten down until the world is entirely a hellhole with a pussywhipped "such is life" attitude about it.

45 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Let's accept all teh migrants.

No. The only migrants that should be let in are the ones who reject Sharia law, believe in a secular government, and who have a past clear of any terrorist ties or spousal abuse. Even then, any who then are found to be extremized whilst in America should be jailed or deported if not natural born citizens.

6 hours ago, Kurshok said:

I'm not a goddamn troll. But then again, isn't it easy for people to try and discredit others as "trolling" on a digital platform? No, I mean every fucking word I say when it comes to the topics. And yeah, reality can be brutal and unfair. Doesn't mean we have to accept it and get beaten down until the world is entirely a hellhole with a pussywhipped "such is life" attitude about it.

It's *NOT* the Sharia the main problem. From wiki.

The Taliban's ideology has been described as combining an "innovative" form of sharia Islamic law based on Deobandi fundamentalism[99] and militant Islamism, combined[99] with Pashtun social and cultural norms known as Pashtunwali,[1][2][100][101] as most Taliban are Pashtun tribesmen

+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafi

Edited by lowenz

On 8/18/2021 at 2:43 AM, Kurshok said:

If your special interest is politics and controversies, then your discussions would be much better received on a dedicated forum for discussing such things.

This is a fan community whose focus is on enjoying and developing TDM. Trying to confront "brutal and unfair reality" primarily results in filling up ignore lists, rather than the result it's fair to assume you're looking for, which is to get an in-depth discussion of the topics that interest you by a large variety of people who are as interested in them as you are.

• Like 2

BTW, after having a go at the rides and bumper cars, the Taliban then decided that oh yeah, that's entertainment, can't have that. It's all burnt down now:

https://www.indiatimes.com/news/world/taliban-militants-have-burnt-down-an-amusement-park-a-day-after-they-were-enjoying-rides-547477.html

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

20 hours ago, Kurshok said:

That doesn't change shit. Sharia and PashtIdontcarehowthefuckitsspelled, both are extremist religious ideologies with no place in the modern world which should be ridiculed and shamed, not coddled. 

You really seem incapable of realizing that a lot of REAL people want the so-called "extremism" (well not the one purely ideological-driven you have in your mind to bash in every thread you start :D but a dumbed-down version that surely IS DUMB but effectively answering to a lot of needs and desires - so maybe these 2 last things are the ones to work on, not a new occupation plans)

3 minutes ago, lowenz said:

You really seem incapable of realizing that a lot of REAL people want the so-called "extremism" (well not the one purely ideological-driven you have in your mind to bash in every thread you start :D but a dumbed-down version that surely IS DUMB but effectively answering to a lot of needs and desires - so maybe these 2 last things are the ones to work on, not a new occupation plans)

Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see what the future brings. If we aren't all conquered by China before then.

Let us all hope, that China's politics of "we give you infrastructure and you give us minerals" works out better for the actual people there than USA's "our hellfires bring you freedom and democracy - please tell us any cell phone numbers you want us to blindly bomb".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abusimplea said:

Let us all hope, that China's politics of "we give you infrastructure and you give us minerals" works out better for the actual people there than USA's "our hellfires bring you freedom and democracy - please tell us any cell phone numbers you want us to blindly bomb".

Which actual people; though? It's not worth giving infrastructure to a rival civilization who has an authoritarian, murderous theocratic government if it's going to strengthen them to the point they can try and export that toxic cult of theirs to other countries in the form of terrorists and welfare moochers who take advantage of their host countries' supports to enable the worst excesses of their own culture within a culture, including the pervasive nature of cousin marriage which leads to a near-endemic growth of mentally defective births of either special education individuals the state has to give monetary support to, much of which their parents just take and donate to their pro-extremist mosques whilst leaving their mentally disabled kids hanging, or worse, their children are technically neurotypical but suffer from psychological problems such as psychopathy and depression which is taken advantage of by their brutal cult, which espouses that mental health medication and psychiatry is haram and indoctrinated their fragile mental state with ideas of jihad against their "infidel" host countries, resulting in terrorist attacks and child grooming gangs.

21 hours ago, Kurshok said:

Which actual people; though?

Well, the people that actually live there of course.

And the Infrastructure is just a side effect of trade. China wants minerals. But they aren't the common colonial power like us westeners. They go the cheap route: Be nice to the locals in power, bring your own infrastructure and get the minerals you want without needing a massive groundforce to control the mines and transport routes.

Whether the Taliban will just siphon up the money and do like us westeners do - or whether they let the whole population benefit - that only time can tell.
We know that they are strictly against drugs - so maybe, the USA can at least parrtially just win its war on drugs by not even trying anymore...

1 hour ago, Abusimplea said:

Well, the people that actually live there of course.

And the Infrastructure is just a side effect of trade. China wants minerals. But they aren't the common colonial power like us westeners. They go the cheap route: Be nice to the locals in power, bring your own infrastructure and get the minerals you want without needing a massive groundforce to control the mines and transport routes.

Whether the Taliban will just siphon up the money and do like us westeners do - or whether they let the whole population benefit - that only time can tell.
We know that they are strictly against drugs - so maybe, the USA can at least parrtially just win its war on drugs by not even trying anymore...

I don't think the Taliban are changed at all. I saw them gunning down protestors on the news. I doubt they care what happens to the "Western-Corrupted Commoners" beyond preventing them from fleeing and utilizing them as a labor force, along with occasionally executing any "infidel" amongst them to scare the populace into obedience. I think we should regroup our troops into where the resistance against the Taliban currently resides and try a pushback.