The Dark Mod Forums

The Black Mage (Grayman, JackFarmer & Friends), December, 24th, 2021

JackFarmer

Now I feel really stupid. In the

Spoiler

Special room the door closed, and there's no way to open it from this side. I checked the targets for the door, the only one is the outside button.

EDIT: I must have double tapped the button while running into the room and the door closed behind me.
I can't get out unless I noclip

e1GJq6L.png

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Don't feel stupid, @AluminumHaste.

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, AluminumHaste said:

Hide contents

Special room the door closed, and there's no way to open it from this side. I checked the targets for the door, the only one is the outside button.

EDIT: I must have double tapped the button while running into the room and the door closed behind me.
I can't get out unless I noclip

e1GJq6L.png

From the inside, you can frob the door itself open or closed.

1 hour ago, gluon1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks @thebigh but even going over the whole room again, I still can't see it.

ETA: OMG! I finally found it. (I don't know how to put things "in the console" but thanks, @AluminumHaste.) Mad frustrating but totally a good solution in a sensible place.

Open the console with CTRL+ALT+~

Type in:

r_showTargets 1

Hit Enter. Close console with ~

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, AluminumHaste said:
  Hide contents

Ok........maybe I missed part of the conversation or something but.....why is the mysterious key under the vase on the second floor?

Yes, that was mentioned by the cook. It's the key to the special door in the kitchen.

19 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

I had the same issue during beta test and advised Jackfarmer to change this, but he didn't (maybe because Grayman made that part?). There is a way to open the door inside the room, but I think it's completelly illogical:

Spoiler

You have to read the book you find on the table a bunch of pages..

Spoiler

There's also the picture on the wall that you might only be able to frob after reading the book, not sure.

Edited by datiswous
  • Thanks 1

Typed a spoiler question, highlighted it, clicked the spoiler icon, but can't tell any difference. How do I know if the spoiler worked?

I'll try a harmless test...

TEST

[EDIT - No, I highlighted the word TEST above, clicked the spoiler icon, but it still shows. So how do we do a spoiler?]

Edited by Fidcal
typo

OK, thanks.

SPOILER questions:

Spoiler

1. Have freed Robert. He mentions a hatch but no directions. Is that easy to find? Is it in the outer castle walls? Or inside? I don't fancy searching everywhere for something so obscure.

2. On way up from vault I got a plate and heard a speech in Davenport's voice I think. There are other quests too such as find machine and find other things. Should I go back down into the vault? It's a hell of a slow labyrinth (or seems so) with no sense of direction. I was amazed I got out so easily. I don't want to spend hours creeping around down there without a good sense of direction.

Thanks for any help.

Spoiler

1. There are many hatches on the outer wall, one of them is frobable.

2.  The hallway where the prison is you freed Robert leeds to an area with a closed door on the left(of the painting). There are a black and a white place on the wall where you have to put something to unlock the door.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, AluminumHaste said:

Just finished, incredible mission, made me tear up a little at the end there. Miss you Grayman.

I know what you mean. I gotta tell you, it was sometimes quite hard for me to continue working on this mission.

The WIP included regular documents like the .txt file in which grayman already filled in: "Release date: ???". I think it goes without saying that these findings did not really work well with me because they told me once again the hard truth.

• Sad 3

On 2/10/2022 at 12:38 PM, datiswous said:

On some newer missions (maybe it's TDM core related) you frob, the wheel gets selected and then with every next frob you turn the wheel.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right:

Spoiler

"Hazard Pay" and "Iris" include a modified version of the combo lock which increases the number with each frob action.

I hope this one gets added to the core mod because its operation is much easier.

• Like 2

The door you're looking for isn't that one, it's

Spoiler

behind one of the doors leading off from the kitchen. The second metal door in Lord Davenport's bedroom is opened with a button hidden near his bed.

As for the readables,

Spoiler

I don't remember all three but the hardest to find one is in the openable footstool in Lord Davenport's bedroom. I think another is in the astronomer's room.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

So I started experiencing problems with this mission after updating to 2.10 (not sure if related).

In the

Spoiler

lava area with the elementals,

the game either crashes with a runtime error or nothing at all; or goes back to the main menu, but I keep hearing the sound from the game itself, yet I can't go back. This happened after I returned from completing the main objective.

Also, I have no key to get back out of that area.

2 hours ago, Azaran said:

So I started experiencing problems with this mission after updating to 2.10 (not sure if related).

the game either crashes with a runtime error or nothing at all; or goes back to the main menu, but I keep hearing the sound from the game itself, yet I can't go back. This happened after I returned from completing the main objective.

You don't need a key to get back of the area. You need to go through red or was it green mist, one of these. I only experienced crash when I loaded a quicksave in 2.10b7 from the lava area.

Edited by madtaffer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2022 at 6:31 AM, Azaran said:

In the

Hide contents

lava area with the elementals,

Do you happen to have a save shortly before this happens? If so, would be good to know what 2.10 beta build you're on and to have your darkmod.cfg attached to a forum post.