The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

Easiest way is to create a custom modelDef, and add "model" "tdm_skeleton_unarmed_custom" to your entity.

model tdm_skeleton_unarmed_custom

{

inherit tdm_skeleton_unarmed

mesh models/md5/chars/undead/skeleton/skeleton.md5mesh

channel torso ( *Spine_Dummy)

channel legs ( origin Pelvis Pelvis2 *Hips)

//nonbreathing sleep animations

anim sleep_idle_lft models/md5/chars/guards/proguard/rev_sleep_lft.md5anim

anim sleep_idle_rgt models/md5/chars/guards/proguard/rev_sleep_rght.md5anim

}

I'm having troubles with the 'Enabling Objectives' line not working anymore. For example, I have 2 hidden objectives that make sure you first read a book to the end, then close it before calling a script:

Objective 1: Reach page 3 of readable Book1.

Objective 2: Close readable Book 1. Enabling Objective: 1. Calls a script.

I've made both of them visible and can see Objective 2 doesn't tick off. When I remove the enabling objective line both of them tick off.

The same also happens with any others that used enabling objectives - they don't work except when I remove the enabling objectives line.

It's strange because I've seen these work countless times before, but now no longer. It looks like Penny Dreadful 2 might have a similar issue with its 'exit the premises' objective (or it's a different problem with the loot objective), so... I don't know. Could it be from 2.02? It sounds unlikely.

It's skeleton is unique. Generally speaking, all the humanoid AI use the same skeleton, and anything non-humanoid has its own skeleton.

Is there a spawnarg to disable audio rising when you change from one location to another? It only happens the first time you change location and the audio starts much louder than normal and then slowly lowers to a suitable level. I don't know if its a bug though

Yeah, this happens sometimes though I could never quite figure out when it would happen and when it wouldn't. The solution I found was to create a separate lead-in part of the ambient track (there's instructions on how to do this in the speakers wiki article). Whenever I used a track that had a lead-in prior to looping then the audio jump issue would never happen.

• Like 1

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

for objectives have you tried using the entities

atdm:target_setobjective_visibility

atdm:target_setobjective_state

as an alternative to using the objective editor for triggering certain objective events.

to use then you would just go to the script and trigger them from that script.

How do I make a "commoners / unarmed" AI into an armed AI with a weapon?

I def_attached a weapon for him, and I changed spawnarg "is_civilian" to 1.

The AI plays attack bark, but does not pull out the sword and fight me. Instead he just stands there.

What spawnargs do I need to use to make unarmed AI a real combatant?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Why not just use an armed commoner?

"is_civilian" to 1.

That makes them a civilian. You want it set to 0.

Oops, sorry I mistyped. So I gave "is_civilian" to 0, but he does not attack me.

I just want to have an inventor that can fight. There is no such option in the commoners / armed category.

Def / pos_attaching a weapon and putting "is_civilian" to 0 is not enough.

Clipper

It's team 4, which is hostile to the player.

@Sotha: How did you attach the sword? Maybe the ai does not notice it is actually carrying one.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I've changed the AI team. He is in a team that is hostile to the player. Then the AI was is_civilian 1, he ran away when he saw me. With is_civilian 0 he stands there and yells combat barks.

The weapon was attached with def_attach method. I copy pasted the def_attach and pos_attach info from an armed AI.

Clipper

Could you try it the other way round? I mean starting with a guard and giving him model tdm_ai_scientist. No that wouldn't work would it? He'd be spitting and looking forward to a good whore, not behaving like an inventor. .

• Like 1

Oops, sorry I mistyped. So I gave "is_civilian" to 0, but he does not attack me.

I just want to have an inventor that can fight. There is no such option in the commoners / armed category.

Def / pos_attaching a weapon and putting "is_civilian" to 0 is not enough.

Should work. You could check out Morgan in Reputation...he's armed but uses the inventor model.

"draws_weapon" "1"

Nope. Now he draws his arms into combat pose, but he forgets to pull out the sword from his side. Bah, the inventor is such an amateur combatant, he forgets his sword.

Anyways, I got it to work with Steve's suggestion. I made him into a atdm:ai_townsfolk_commoner_armed, but gave him inventor model, head and vocal_set. Case closed. Thanks for help!

• Like 1

Clipper

Aaand, which .pk4 and which file is moveable weapon damages defined.

I mean these:

"def_damage_overhead" "melee_sword_ovr_large"

Where is "melee_sword_ovr_large" defined?

Clipper

tdm_melee.def. All definitions are in tdm_defs.pk4

I want to try and remove an item from the inventory but it doesn't seem to work. I have the following order setup

1) key is called "chest1_key"

2) I have a func_itemremove with the spawnarg "remove" set to "chest1_key"

3) I have a simple mover_button which targets the func_itemremove entity

4) I pickup the key in game

5) I press the button

6) Nothing happens

Am I missing something here? because it seems like i'm following the correct steps

Howsabout this:

button targets a "atdm:target_callscriptfunction" which "call" "key_remove"

Then in your mapname.script you have:

void key_remove()

{

sys.println("remove key!");

$chest1_key.remove();

}

This should remove it completely from the game.

• Like 1

Clipper

The key in your inventory is not the same as the one ingame. To remove the key, you have to use the following script function:

void replaceInvItem(name_of_key, $null_entity);

Where name_of_key is the name of the key in your inventory (probably the same name as it has ingame, so "chest1_key").

• Like 1