The Dark Mod Forums

Most anticipated PC games?

delatroy

• 4 weeks later...
*10* ISSUES REMAIN, ROBERT SIROTEK AND THE R-TYPED HORDES OF FAIL AND MISFIRE FALL BACK AGAINST THE BRILLIANT GLOW OF THE INCLINE. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

?
  • Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 2 weeks later...

1. Some remaining NPC conversations to test and gaps to fix in their dialogue and their inventory buy-sell logic.
  2. Some dungeons need some spicing up with cut-n-paste features to fill out empty areas with some events plus a few of them have slightly aberrant logic.
  3. A handful of errors in combat text, experience points awarded and monster sound effects plus a little more testing of projectiles of all varieties including burning oil
  4. A few remaining special events with text and cutscenes need to be added
  5. Finish replacing icons with ready-to-drop-in artwork and finish off reformatting of new main menu
  6. Climbing graphics need replacement and climbing symbols in-game should be color cycle animated as well as a few other new in-game objects
  7. Lockpicking and door forcing needs new graphic to replace old and some reformatting of display
  8. Unique and ultra-exclusive items need to be placed in right positions in game
  9. All endgame sequences need thorough testing and perhaps some changes to text and conclusions

*** NINE *** ISSUES REMAINING

! ----------------------------------------- !

ROBERT SIROTEK, AND THE INCLINE ENERGY IS APPROACHING CRITICAL MASS. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

That doesn't look too bad.

It is Cleve, fools!

Well, at this point, who knows?

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 4 weeks later...

… after a long day at the coalface ...

… there were six issues remaining …

!!! SIX ISSUES REMAINING !!!

NOW IT IS THE FLAMING SWORD OF JUSTICE INCLINE

AGAINST THE COLD STEEL OF DECLINE AND NECKBEARDS

KNvmynl.gif

*** SIX *** ISSUES REMAINING

! ----------------------------------------- !

ROBERT SIROTEK, AND NO GLORYHOLE STALL CAN CONCEAL YOU FROM THE INCLINE THAT COMETH. CAN IT BE TRUE? CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? IS ALL PREVIOUS HUMAN ACCOMPLISHMENT ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

• Like 2

He's off his meds again, isn't he?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Where is the gif anim from? The guy with the dredlocks looks like Jason Momoa.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 3 weeks later...

*** THREE *** ISSUES REMAINING

! ---- !

ROBERT SIROTEK, AND THE INCLINE SANTA WILL BE BRINGING DECLINE CHILDREN A SACK OF COAL THIS YEAR!!!! CAN A SINGLE NEANDERTHAL BY HIMSELF DO WHAT SIR-TECH'S ENTIRE COMPANY COULD NOT ACHIEVE IN 12 YEARS? ALL PREVIOUS SIR-TECH ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE ABOUT TO BE ECLIPSED BY ONE RODEO CLOWN?

Three!

grimoire_bug_counter.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As far as me finally buying a classic again, definitely Arcanum.

As far as new titles are concerned, Frictional's upcoming SOMA and Hinterland's The Long Dark have certainly captured my interest.

• 5 years later...
On 10/24/2013 at 6:13 PM, Melan said:

• Cleve Blakemore's Grimoire. it is going to happen, is it?
  • Tangiers.

Well... that's not a very long list, but it's mine.

https://www.pcgamer.com/tangiers-development-is-back-on-the-rails-following-paratopics-success/

(necroninja post)

• Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, revelator said:

system shock 3 though atm there is little to no news after they nearly went bankrupt.

Is it still alive? Last I read from a couple of months ago, it's deader than dead.

Most horrible display of how game development and funding should not go like.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 3:00 AM, chakkman said:

Is it still alive? Last I read from a couple of months ago, it's deader than dead.

Most horrible display of how game development and funding should not go like.

Its life status is unknown. The company that was working on System Shock 3 (OtherSide Entertainment) only has one actually released game to their name (Underworld Ascendant) and that turned out to be something of a disaster. Last year it was announced that good-ol' Tencent had acquired the rights to develop the game from OtherSide. At first I though the studio was being bought out by Tencent, but it looks like just the game itself.

Ever since then there's been absolutely no information whatsoever about the game. Hell, OtherSide still hasn't removed the game from their own list of projects on their site. Maybe Tencent just wants to sit on the rights until they get the people they want working on it, who knows.

• Like 1

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

They're probably fishing for support, so want to keep it up as long as they think there's an offside chance. The fiasco with Underworld Ascendant unfortunately probably did compound their difficulties.

My general view is there's a time and a place for a certain game with a certain team to come together with a certain design philosophy where it all comes together and a great game emerges. And if it doesn't have that alignment of pieces, then the gates to development hell are always open and never far away.

• Like 2

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Silent Hill remaster on PC would be welcome I think. Sadly PC is not popular in Asia for some reason (despite their homes being so tiny).

We had Silent Hill 4 recently on GOG. But that game is still jank, despite being a masterpiece and, possibly one of the last best Silent Hill games. I guess it's impossible to fix completely without the source code.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

2 hours ago, Anderson said:

Silent Hill remaster on PC would be welcome I think. Sadly PC is not popular in Asia for some reason (despite their homes being so tiny).

We had Silent Hill 4 recently on GOG. But that game is still jank, despite being a masterpiece and, possibly one of the last best Silent Hill games. I guess it's impossible to fix completely without the source code.

Here is to hoping for a Silent Hill 2 Remaster!! ❤️ 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, demagogue said:

They're probably fishing for support, so want to keep it up as long as they think there's an offside chance. The fiasco with Underworld Ascendant unfortunately probably did compound their difficulties.

My general view is there's a time and a place for a certain game with a certain team to come together with a certain design philosophy where it all comes together and a great game emerges. And if it doesn't have that alignment of pieces, then the gates to development hell are always open and never far away.

I'm not a big fan of crowdfunding, but, that might be the only way to fund Systen Shock 3. If I would own the rights, I would maybe choose someone else to develop it. Really, Otherside Entertainment did a terrible job with Underworld Ascendant.

Crying shame that a studio like Arkane doesn't do it. Or a Prey 2. The franchise would fit them perfectly in my eyes. Well, in a perfect world and stuff. :)

Ah didnt notice his post, yeah not a peep from the devs after tencent took over so might be as he said.

Hmm a good studio which i was allways a fan of might be the original developers of P.R.E.Y human head studios though sadly they where disbanded and sucked up by bethesda and is now called roundhouse studios i think. The reason i like them is that they usually handle quirky games like this admirably (not so much P.R.E.Y 2 though).

They should keep warren spector though since he was from the original team in looking glass studios.