The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Snowed Inn by Goldwell & Kingsal (2019/12/25)

Goldwell

On 2/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, joebarnin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(from memory) You have to have a special item in your inventory when you frob the grain pile

Reveal hidden contents

It's a special seed that is found in..

Reveal hidden contents

the magic sack that you fall into

Thanks, joebarnin. Forgot I had that thing. Finished the mission. Interesting, to say the least :D

• 3 months later...

Just finished this up the other day and enjoyed it quite a bit. 

Spoiler

I really liked the puzzles and ending up helping the community. I too was having hat troubles lol but also the ink bottles didn't highlight when I first checked the desk. Came here for some help and got back on track. Thank you for leaving the fire arrows and I'm glad I didn't have to use them for thawing pipes as it would of been an easy choice. Spiders will die! lol

Thanks for all your hard work. This was really a lot bigger than I thought it would be with lots of places to explore.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Ladro @Teekay @Summer - Thanks for playing! Glad you enjoyed it. That hat really is tricky to find, we might update the mission to make it more obvious.

@Alberto Salvia Novella - Glad you dug it and thanks for doing the playthrough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

After finishing my last mission I was looking for some beauty.

When I spotted the authors' names, I couldn't resist. What a good decision it was....

Right at the beginning, a beautiful intro animation (that iron-smith's  anvil) and falling snow in main menu.

Maybe unimportant details, however deserve huge acknowledgement as it molds the beautiful X-mas atmosphere.

Actually, I have never seen a 'winter' mission before so it felt like not playing TDM at all!

The mission is awesome, great idea and story, perfectly balanced interior and exterior parts.

Custom assets/features I never saw before (like forest, large-scaled plains, horses, slippery ice, the way of 'completing main objective' and many many others).

I also enjoyed all the optional objectives, including really uncommon ones...

Spoiler

a snowman??? really? ha-ha....

There's only one thing to say, however - it's too easy to collect the requested loot amount....

Thank you so much guys....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say, I serendipitously found this mission on Christmas and played it all the way through, and completed all optional objectives as well. I'll admit, I had to search online for where the hell the final piece to the snowman was (the hat! I figured but had no clue where it was).

What an excellent, well done mission. I really enjoyed this one. Many details were considered that surprised me.

Again, well done, and thank you.

Edited by tristamus
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, TheUnbeholden said:

The hint was to use the map with 'm' but it looks like I didn't recieve one. Should there be one in the starting area?

Yep there is a map in this mission:

Spoiler

Inside your apartment right at mission start. 

• 1 month later...

This was quite good with original ideas.

The tree and "bush" models around the stables were terrible even for Dark Mod. 

Spoiler

I wasn't able to do the warming up quest with the fire arrows because I shot them long ago at the spiders. I thought they meant for that. Whatever.