The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Painter’s Wife v1.2 by Fractured Glass Company (2020/07/01)

That google drive link above is the smaller 170mb version (the v1.2 beta) I'm pretty sure. The one currently in the in-game downloader (v1.1) is the huge ~500mb one.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old friend Andreas urgently needs my help. He asked if I could meet him at the Lion's Head Inn, our favourite retreat in a quaint part of the city called Mirkway Quarter. He’s got a small apartment

Congratulations on putting together this epic-scale map with some interesting and frustratingly, fun missions. I can tell a lot of work went into it from many different people. I enjoyed the main

Finally completed my first full run through, highest difficulty, non-lethal ending to main quest and loot count 5535 04/07/2020 UPDATED 06/07/2020 with new bugs and Hidden Loot locations now foun

Posted Images

On 3/16/2021 at 9:49 PM, Dragofer said:

Is that with the newest SVN assets and source? There was a problem with redefinition of the camera script since some FMs use a custom version without inclusion guards, but I can now load into the map and inspect the security camera without problems.

Can't repeat the script assert failure with the current svn any more

It was really huge. I constantly felt lost. :) I needed to search the forum to find a few places. The ways in the hights were cool.

The city felt very good and I really had a feeling it's a real city. Guards weren't too densely placed.

Spoiler

I think the scene with the floating rocks didn't fit to the rest of the mission. I skipped it.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1
  • Dragofer changed the title to Fan Mission: The Painter’s Wife v1.2 by Fractured Glass Company (2020/07/01)

I noticed that the download links on missions page and in game were for the over 500MB version of the map, I've updated the links to the proper v1.2 instead.

@chakkman I'm the same way, I have OCD also. I HAVE to explore every nook and cranny, and get every secret and loot or my head hurts. This mission is massive and it's probably going to take me 6 hours to finish it, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

3 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

I noticed that the download links on missions page and in game were for the over 500MB version of the map, I've updated the links to the proper v1.2 instead.

Damn, I forgot to rename the .pk4 to have the same name as the one on the mirrors. If I'm not mistaken, looks like we'll have plenty of players with double entries in their FM list with a need to manually remove the old .pk4. Thanks for updating those links.

3 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

I HAVE to explore every nook and cranny, and get every secret and loot or my head hurts.

Looks like you might be kept quite busy with this FM ;) There are even secrets that follow on from other secrets.