The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: The Anomaly

JackFarmer

Change log

Version 2 (see op for download information):

a. removed dust fog particle effects for enhanced performance and to prevent game crashes on certain configurations. ( thank you @Bluehawk)

b. fixed the non-solid cave rocks in the final cave after the explosion ( thank you @STRUNK)

If you have further crashes in game during certain events, please make sure that nothing is equipped in the right hand (loot, keys, scrolls etc.). This problem will be fixed with the next release version of the mod.

Version 3 (see op for download information):

a.  several lights updated with volumetric dust
b.  changed the stairs geometry in one of the staircases that leads to the pools
c. the water pools now have stairs for noice reduction in case the player enters them
d. replaced a Jonus phonogram recording with a new take (great work, doctors)

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Thanks 2

Looks and sounds like a great mission, but unfortunately it won't load for me. I get the following error...

IDANIMATED 'FIREFLY_STATIONARY_ANIM_16' AT (2878 1666 - 1937): CANNOT FIND ANIM 'IDLE_04'

Could someone please help me to resolve what I'm missing? Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hotlyx said:

Looks and sounds like a great mission, but unfortunately it won't load for me. I get the following error...

IDANIMATED 'FIREFLY_STATIONARY_ANIM_16' AT (2878 1666 - 1937): CANNOT FIND ANIM 'IDLE_04'

Could someone please help me to resolve what I'm missing? Thank you!

Are you using DM 2.09?

Congrats Jack! Screenshots looks awesome.

Hope I find the time to dig into your work here soon ...

• Thanks 1

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

Okay, that was a lot of fun.  Love the System Shock 2 vibe the first couple of floors give you, the ambient music worked very well.  (By the way, that's Korg M1, Roland made the D50).

I've completed the mission.  I'm still missing two secret areas somewhere, but what's really bugging me is how to get

Spoiler

the final scroll out of the freezer.  I've not found a switch, can't smash or blast it open, and even out-of-the-box ideas like cutting the power or CO2 line further in the facility have failed to turn up anything.

...so reluctantly I'll have to ask for a hint there.

P.S. Nice record collection in the recreation area, and I particularly loved the power generator.

• Thanks 1

great mission jack

windows 7 64 bit intel 4 core 16 GB RAM geforce 1050 ti 4 GB RAM

Spoiler

but the game crashes at the two pools where you use the two switches and dive down when I use the switch in the cross aisle, the game crashes. always in the same place

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, tapewolf said:

Okay, that was a lot of fun.  Love the System Shock 2 vibe the first couple of floors give you, the ambient music worked very well.  (By the way, that's Korg M1, Roland made the D50).

I've completed the mission.  I'm still missing two secret areas somewhere, but what's really bugging me is how to get

Reveal hidden contents

the final scroll out of the freezer.  I've not found a switch, can't smash or blast it open, and even out-of-the-box ideas like cutting the power or CO2 line further in the facility have failed to turn up anything.

...so reluctantly I'll have to ask for a hint there.

P.S. Nice record collection in the recreation area, and I particularly loved the power generator.

I'll correct the Korg mistake! :)

As for the last scroll:

Spoiler

Take a closer look at the undead guy patrolling the corridor with the defective robot lying in his recharging chamber...

14 minutes ago, Heuli said:

great mission jack

windows 7 64 bit intel 4 core 16 GB RAM geforce 1050 ti 4 GB RAM

Reveal hidden contents

but the game crashes at the two pools where you use the two switches and dive down when I use the switch in the cross aisle, the game crashes. always in the same place

...this switch?

https://streamable.com/z87lhy

Ja immer an der selben stelle

ich habe vor 3 wochen 2.09 installiert ist vileicht ein update

ich habe Dark mod 2 mall 1 mit v 2.09  1 mit v2.08

Edited by Heuli
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

I'll correct the Korg mistake! :)

As for the last scroll:

Yeah, I did notice that

Spoiler

one of them had a key, and its resemblance to the freezer was noted.  However I've not been able to find a suitable lock for it.

Just now, tapewolf said:

Yeah, I did notice that

Hide contents

one of them had a key, and its resemblance to the freezer was noted.  However I've not been able to find a suitable lock for it.

then:

Spoiler

1. grab the key

2. go back to the first room with the freezer

3. search for a lock on the freezer

jack ich habe alles gestestet  dump konnte ich nicht erstellen im Task-manager war kein dark mod

ich habe ein update gemacht, im Task-manager war gans Oben ein realtec treiber

muss ich in den tunnel rein ist da was wichtiges?

Edited by Heuli

36 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

then:

Thanks, finally got it.  Yeah, I spent a long long time last night and today looking for something like that, hidden or invisible.  If you do a map revision it might be worth making it just a little more obvious somehow because it's very well hidden.  I was even starting to wonder if the map was corrupted and it had gone missing.

Just now, STRUNK said:

It looks very cool but I get between 4 and 10 fps with the settings I always use. Tried some other missions for comparison and they work fine. My settings are already on the low end ...

Same for me! (Win10, i7 Processor, 16 GB RAM, Intel(R) UHD Graphics) 

Congrats on the release! Will be playing this one soon!

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide