The Dark Mod Forums

FM Release: Sneak and Soufflé - April Fools mission (01.04.2024)

Goldwell

What is going on here?

Spoiler

This thing has an actual FM folder structure. Is this a reverse April fools prank? Real mission pretending to be a prank?

Gotta check this out when I get off of my work shift today...

• Haha 4

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

18 hours ago, hightide said:

I have a special item I'm sure is needed for a certain secret, but I can't figure out how to use it

The early bird gets the worm. 

But the second mouse gets the cheese!

• Like 1

• Goldwell changed the title to FM Release: Sneak and Soufflé - April Fools mission (01.04.2024)
4 hours ago, Goldwell said:

The early bird gets the worm. 

But the second mouse gets the cheese!

yes, I can see what I need to do but can't accomplish it. I can't drop the item from inventory, it can't be used on plates or anything in the area...

updated to 2.12 and got it to work. might have also been user error

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 11:48 AM, Goldwell said:

Argh, sacrebleu ! Mon ami, I owe it to myself to try zis mazterpiece, hon, hon. Very... avantgarde !

Will provide feedback later. ;)

Edited by Petike the Taffer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, hightide said:

yes, I can see what I need to do but can't accomplish it. I can't drop the item from inventory, it can't be used on plates or anything in the area...

updated to 2.12 and got it to work. might have also been user error

Spoiler

Select the cheese in your inv and then frob the hole where the mouse is hiding (it will frob highlight), no need to drop it.

6 hours ago, Petike the Taffer said:

I wrote earlier that I owe this masterpiece a review, so... Here is my detailed review of this groundbreaking and seminal Mission Fan.

The thing that I love about this review is 

Spoiler

that it takes as long to read as it does to play the actual mission :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, STRUNK said:

Nice menu : P
The intro is grandious!! Who draw these?

You did... don't you remember? I gave you a French kiss for your beautiful effort!

14 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The thing that I love about this review is 

Hide contents

that it takes as long to read as it does to play the actual mission :D

I thought the exact same thing hahahaha!

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 11:08 PM, STRUNK said:

Nice menu : P
The intro is grandious!! Who draw these?

It seems to be ai generated if I'm not mistaking. Sometimes the people have six fingers, sometimes the eyes are strange, sometimes the text is gibberish. But if it is done well I guess it's a comfortable way to enhance your mission intros.

Very nice little mission BTW I really enjoyed it! Loved the rat secret.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

On 4/6/2024 at 11:24 PM, SeriousToni said:

It seems to be ai generated if I'm not mistaking. Sometimes the people have six fingers, sometimes the eyes are strange, sometimes the text is gibberish. But if it is done well I guess it's a comfortable way to enhance your mission intros.

Very nice little mission BTW I really enjoyed it! Loved the rat secret.

Well, it looks very good!
I tried generating some textures with AI, and it look quite good but the free model(s) lost the option to generate images and I'm too cheap to pay for it : P

1 hour ago, STRUNK said:

Well, it looks very good!
I tried generating some textures with AI, and it look quite good but the free model(s) lost the option to generate images and I'm too cheap to pay for it : P

Yeah it's not an easy to go option, more like an inspiration. There's always lots of artifacts and inconsistencies which take so much time to fix that it is nearly the same time to create images as painting them by yourself if you have an eye for detail.

I tried it for creating textures too and it worked pretty well (I think it was dalle 2 back in the day last year). Most difficult part was making it seamless. I think the time it took for rerolling prompts was nearly the same as searching for stock textures though. But the results were as least as good as stock textures. A thing I couldn't say about artwork. There's no coherent style or consistent features for story actors. I would say you didn't miss anything of value. We'll see what the future holds.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

• 2 weeks later...

I agree; a very tasty little morsel of a mission.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle