The Dark Mod Forums

TDM in The News

lowenz

Yeah, for sure. I'm impressed by the quality of those mini-documentaries.

• Like 1

"My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard. Verily 'tis better than thine, I would teach thee, but I must levy a fee."

"When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York I told him that man is like the coral insect—designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moon to delight in after he is dead."

https://soundcloud.com/paralytik

• 2 months later...

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In another forum where I made it known, Linux users were delighted with TDM, because the offer of games for this OS is not exactly overwhelming, in this field Windows rules and OSS games are usually quite crappy, while TDM really is comparable in quality to many commercial games.

• Like 3

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

3 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

In another forum where I made it known, Linux users were delighted with TDM, because the offer of games for this OS is not exactly overwhelming, in this field Windows rules and OSS games are usually quite crappy, while TDM really is comparable in quality to many commercial games.

I can definitely add to this. I ditched Windows 8 years ago, haven't had it on my system since... still can't believe how long I lived on it till finally making this choice. Indeed the only issue is some games being harder to play, especially newer ones as old ones typically work fine under WINE. I didn't notice it much as I rarely touch commercial games any more; Unlike free projects like TDM, which are made by the community and we can fully edit, I don't feel those truly belong to us rather that some company who makes boring stuff just so we give it our money.

We must not forget that TDM isn't just the only FOSS game of its genre: It's one of the only projects with AAA assets and graphics... albeit by 2010's standards, but in my book I would still call them that. Alongside it and Xonotic, most open-source games have pretty cheap assets and a lot of bugs unfortunately... TDM however has long achieved commercial quality, and for something remarkably complex in its core design and the features required.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone with a DSO account help the commentor? http://disq.us/p/2f5z0ul

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-dark-mod-2-09-is-now-available-for-download-brings-better-performance-graphics/

She says she gets a black screen on launching the new update, even on a fresh install.

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• 1 year later...

Featured on the Moddb site and some gameplay from the official mission featured on the Moddb channel on YouTube.

This video reminds me that there are no #shorts with The Dark Mod. We need to fix that.

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

badge?user=andarson

• 5 months later...