The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Snowed Inn by Goldwell & Kingsal (2019/12/25)

Goldwell

I hope you guys enjoy this little mission. Goldwell and I had a lot of fun building it.  

This being a speed build, please save your game often as you might encounter some bugs.

Merry Chistmas and happy holidays,

Kingsal

• Thanks 1

This is great! I had a lot of fun.

Expert, 1624 / 1886.

Did all objectives, I hope :)

Issues

Spoiler

Very obvious pop-in with the trees by the snowman.

I went immediately over the fence on exiting my place, missing the snowballs right there and picking up others later. Maybe the "use key" hint shouldn't be tied to those particular snowballs and "dousing lights and distraction" hints can follow after.

Surprised you didn't add the "flying loot on pickup," Goldwell.

Where's the's Pat's black and white cat :)

This looks wrong: image

omg what a pleasant surprise! Will definitely be giving this a spin in the coming days! Thanks for the Christmas present!

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Saw the trailer on Youtube today and decided to play this early. Finished exploring and only the objectives are left. Figured I'd help by pointing out two obvious bugs I found:

Spoiler

In the sewer area, the ice pit contains some black boxes on the ground. I'm assuming those are entities that should be invisible but for some reason show up as a cube.

WDWRtt4.jpg

Spoiler

It's possible to walk through the gate in the post office basement if you crouch while pushing into it, although it's closed thus this feels like you're walking through the bars.

XQoz3qU.jpg

Edited by MirceaKitsune

Congratulations Godlwell & Kingsal and Thank you for a lovely Christmas Present. :D Nice work. Will play it tonight :D

• Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

6 hours ago, MirceaKitsune said:

Figured I'd help by pointing out two obvious bugs I found:

Thanks for playing, as far as the bugs:

Same problem you had with cauldron, you are getting that because of the modified version of tdm you have that removes the spider AI. This will break missions, unfortunately. Your second bug is legit. Looks like something is messed up with that model. We will fix it.

Edited by kingsal

I played through it on Expert. This is a surprisingly good mission. I'm honestly astonished at the amount of gameplay relevant detail crammed in for a speedbuild! Loot placement was generous and even though there were stretches of open land the scale remained on point. Ditto for the pacing, both in the streets and within the town locations. I was going to commend the attention to detail put in a part of the skybox until I realized it was playable! I also really enjoyed Pat's place and the optional objectives. My only question what is the purpose of the ancient fertility symbol in the attic (you know the one)? It's the map's biggest mystery imo, one that I fear I might never get an answer to, but one that I will still ponder over in the little hours of the night. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

The biggest mystery you got from this mission was the penis graffiti in the school attic?! I got a good chuckle from that Spooks. Thank you!

Also thanks to everyone for the kind words. Kingsal and I had a lot of fun doing this. And it’s great to see everyone having a good time :)

• Like 4

Finished on Expert. Wow, I still can't believe this is a speed build! A very full mission, great atmosphere, details, and effects. Thanks again for the wonderful Christmas present!

I did find a couple of problems with objectives:

Spoiler

I didn't go down to the sewers so I didn't do the spider objective. I finished everything else up, but I couldn't end the mission (after returning home). I think the problem is in the objective settings. The Enabling Objectives for the "Go home" objective are:

1 AND 2 AND 3 AND (7 OR 8 OR 9)

So if you're on Expert, you have to do the spider objective (because 8 and 9 are tied to the other difficulty levels). I think it should be

1 AND 2 AND 3 AND 4 AND (8 OR 9 OR 10)

Once I killed the spiders, I was able to finish the mission.

Also, for the spider objective, I didn't actually get this objective until I had killed all three spiders. Then I got the objective and it was completed all at once. Is this intentional?

Playing this atm, and have completed all objectives except for the Snowman. 

He has his eyes, his nose, his arms, but since we never get snow here, I'm at a loss as to what else is needed. I thought

maybe a hat, but couldn't find one. hint and reveal please. :)

Wierd issue. Since I couldn't complete the snowman objective, went back home, and got that objective

even though the game wasn't complete. Didn't end the mission though so no biggie. Still stuck. 

Thanks

Edited by NeonsStyle

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

1 hour ago, joebarnin said:

Finished on Expert. Wow, I still can't believe this is a speed build! A very full mission, great atmosphere, details, and effects. Thanks again for the wonderful Christmas present!

I did find a couple of problems with objectives

Thanks for playing! Glad you enjoyed it. 

Good catch! That didn't come up in our testing. We will fix that now actually and get a new build out since that's a game breaker.

Almost done, only stuck on one final thing apparently.

Spoiler

Where do I find all the parts for the snowman? I already put in the branches for the hand, the ink canisters for the buttons, the diamonds for the eyes... the objective didn't complete and I can't find what else is still needed.

7 minutes ago, MirceaKitsune said:

Almost done, only stuck on one final thing apparently.

Hide contents

Where do I find all the parts for the snowman? I already put in the branches for the hand, the ink canisters for the buttons, the diamonds for the eyes... the objective didn't complete and I can't find what else is still needed.

Spoiler

two more things. Both can be found

Spoiler

upstairs in the schoolhouse.

Spoiler

A hat

Spoiler

A carrot for the nose

We have a new build coming soon, hopefully later today. Apologies for any bugs you guys are experiencing. 

If you've already started a game:

Please visit the sewers and do what needs to be done to trigger the hidden objective there. Otherwise the mission will not complete

Thanks everyone.