The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Heart of Lone Salvation by Fidcal, Baddcog & Bikerdude (2010/04/02)

Fidcal

I've managed to perfectly run the mission, relighting as many of the knocked out lights as I reasonably could.

Amazing mission, Fidcal, it's easily the most well balanced of it's scale I've played thus far.

• Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds super cool, I've not seen this yet. Will look out for it i game. :D Congrats

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Yeah this map is still the gold standard of mansion missions to me, even 8 years after release. Fidcal really did a lot to help train new mappers as well, a lot of his tutorials are still the go-to for newbies like me.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

This was also an early example of modular building, of a fashion. Many of the mansion rooms are prefabs that were re-used over and over and just decorated differently.

• 1 month later...

How do I get out of the secret room in the library? When I pick the lock, the bookcase closes and I can't find a switch to get out. I tried blocking the bookcase with a chair but it doesn't do anything.

There is a switch in the room to leave it, look left of the bookcase's back.

If you really need to, check 52:50 in my video.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

• 1 year later...

I love this mission, but I'm at a point where I cannot proceed. I have well over 6K loot, I've taken care of Poor Martha, I've uncovered 7 secrets, been in the rooms below Martha, nobody is left standing so I can run around unhindered while I use my lantern. But still I have no idea what to do next. I must have missed one small thing that's preventing me from going forward.

A few rooms are still locked:

1. The Interrogation room I keep hearing about. Is it one of the two barred doors? If so, how do I get in there?

2, There's a spider room? Where is that?

3. There's a locked room near the office on the top floor. I have no key for it.

4. Also, the front page of this mission as it's loading show a room with spider webs. I have not found that room yet, either.

I have evidence, but apparently not enough. Obviously this will be in the rooms I have yet to access.

Oh, and I haven't begun to work out how to get the Heart.

I could use a few spoilers, since I'm starting to get bored after a few hours of fruitless running around.

Edited by Hagatha

Wow, this is quite an old mission. I doubt there are still many around who know this mission by heart, so your best bet will be to just search this thread for the solution. I am sure it's there somewhere.

Alternatively, skim the video V-Man posted above.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I think this is the first time I'm legit stuck and can't find any help for a FM.

Spoiler

Where exactly do I find the housekeeper key?! I looked everywhere in every room I could unlock, including the secret area you drop in from the third floor where the sick daughter is locked. I simply can't find it anywhere though.

• 8 months later...

What is making that continuous thumping sound behind a locked prison door on the first floor? It annoys every guard who walks past and now there's three of them standing there with their swords drawn. If I end up having to go through that door later I will be most inconvenienced.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just finished this gem of a mission! I know I'm late to the party. Congrats on a fantastic achievement Fidcal, Baddcog and Bikerdude. This was massive, well-balanced, challenging, good story (but twisted), with lots of secrets and places to search. It's gonna be a tough cookie to ghost this one, let alone supreme it. 😏

Edited by Klatremus
  • Like 2

I have a question: Is there a key that operates the double doors from the rear hall on the upper floor to the E hallway where all the guest rooms are found? There is a readable in the rear hall where an officer Staunton asks Stimble if he has a spare key. It isn't in the pot like the readable says, but is Stimble carrying the key on him, or perhaps is it in the barracks?

It would be great if someone could provide a list of all the keys present on the highest difficulty. For Supreme you are required to relock all doors, even those that are picked open, plus not pick up unnecessary keys (especially when they can't be returned), so this will impact the route I'm planning on taking. Thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, Klatremus said:

I have a question: Is there a key that operates the double doors from the rear hall on the upper floor to the E hallway where all the guest rooms are found? There is a readable in the rear hall where an officer Staunton asks Stimble if he has a spare key. It isn't in the pot like the readable says, but is Stimble carrying the key on him, or perhaps is it in the barracks?

It would be great if someone could provide a list of all the keys present on the highest difficulty. For Supreme you are required to relock all doors, even those that are picked open, plus not pick up unnecessary keys (especially when they can't be returned), so this will impact the route I'm planning on taking. Thanks 🙂

There doesn't appear to be a key available in the mission for those doors, despite the readable. Also despite it being assigned a key in Dark Radiant "KeyRearHall", which doesn't exist. May be an oversight, or perhaps initially there was a plan to have a key for those doors, but later a decision was made to not be able to open them for gameplay reasons.

Anyway, here is an exhaustive list of keys for you!

Spoiler

Name - Location

Hink's footlocker key - Watchtower in front of the mansion, in the lookout post

Cellar yard key - Belt of patrolling archer in the front yard

Balcony key - on a keypad just inside the balcony door

A footlocker key - in the lock of a footlocker in the NW barracks

Spare library key - in a writing desk in the library

Housekeeper's key - on a small table in the secret room behind the bookshelf in the library

Garden key - in a secret chest in the garden

Master footlocker key - on a sleeping guard in the barracks SE barracks

Andrew's metal chest key - in a locked jewelry box above a wardrobe in Andrew's room

Andrew's wood chest key - on a shelf next to a golden lion in Andrew's room

Eleanor's room key - on a non-loot golden plate in Eleanor's room

Eleanor's chest key - on Eleanor's neck where she sleeps on the bed

Master bedroom key / pump key / garden key / master footlocker key - on a key/noticeboard in the the housekeeper's quarters

Old lock key - in an openable wardrobe in the master bedroom

Maintenance hatch key - under a loose tile covered by movable crates in the pump room

spiral stair key - behind the chambermaid's orders paper in Katherine's room (?)

chapel key - in an open cabinet in Katherine's room (?)

old storeroom spare key - on a shelf in the old storeroom opposite the pump room

Ruth's footlocker key - under the pillow on a bed in the servant's quarters south of the pump room

disused room key - on a table in the disused room in the office hallway

a cash box key - in a locked writing desk in the office

desk key - on the belt of Wickish, who is in the office

Interrogation room key - behind the Heart of Lone Salvation

I had forgotten how many "#%¤& keys there are in this mission! 🤣 and none of them are dropable. Oh well, it doesn't distract from how great this mission is!

Edited by Bienie
  • Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Wow thank you, Bienie! I was thinking perhaps there was the rear hall key on lower difficulties, but most probably the doors were chosen to just be pickable instead. Perhaps that note was meant to be removed, as it seems like a red herring without a key.

I have all the keys you listed, but also a few extra keys you didn't mention:

- Second copy of Cellar Yard Key - on wall in basement close to courtyard hatch

- Third copy of Garden Key - in kitchen windowsill next to vase

Furthermore, I haven't found a use for Ruth's Footlocker key. It seems logical it should work on one of the two footlockers in the room where this key is found, but it doesn't... Also, you have a (?) next to the chapel key and the spiral stair key. I assume you know what they operate.

11 minutes ago, Klatremus said:

Wow thank you, Bienie! I was thinking perhaps there was the rear hall key on lower difficulties, but most probably the doors were chosen to just be pickable instead. Perhaps that note was meant to be removed, as it seems like a red herring without a key.

I have all the keys you listed, but also a few extra keys you didn't mention:

- Second copy of Cellar Yard Key - on wall in basement close to courtyard hatch

- Third copy of Garden Key - in kitchen windowsill next to vase

Furthermore, I haven't found a use for Ruth's Footlocker key. It seems logical it should work on one of the two footlockers in the room where this key is found, but it doesn't... Also, you have a (?) next to the chapel key and the spiral stair key. I assume you know what they operate.

You're welcome! It's odd, duplicate keys didn't show up for me in game when I used the console to highlight the keys.

Spoiler

You can do this by typing "tdm_show_keys" in the console and it will list how many keys there are and their names in console and also highlight them in game for a few seconds every time you type it. Could come in handy when you are planning other routes in the future. If you find yourself having trouble identifying all the loot in a mission a similar command for loot is "tdm_show_loot"!

I think Ruth's Footlocker Key is meant to open both footlockers in that room. Again looking in the editor the lids are set to open with Ruth's key, but the bodies (which override the lids) are set to only open with the master footlocker key.

I do know where the chapel key and spiral stair key go, but I didn't know if calling the room "Katherine's room" was correct is all.

My Fan Missions:

That explains it then. Those footlockers were meant to be unlockable by both Ruths' key and the master footlocker key, but the latter was incorrectly attributed to the body and not the lid. They can also be picked open, but this is a situation where I wouldn't visit that room until I have obtained the master footlocker key for Supreme because I don't want to pick up Ruth's key.

As it happens, my route will prioritize getting to

Spoiler

the housekeeper's room as early as possible, to get my hands on the master bedroom and the master footlocker keys. Which of course necessitates finding Martha and the library first.

Edited by Klatremus

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Still an impressive mission in 2023, loads of things to explore and lots of fun to play and play again.

Just to confirm I had the same issue in TDM 2.10 with

Spoiler

failing to destroy the heart, though all of the objectives (including the optional ones) were checked. I reach the grills at the end of the pipe, activating the heart does make it highlight in green but nothing else happens.

The mission still completes, but it would be nice for this objective to check.

Edited by irisx
typo

On 1/15/2023 at 9:08 AM, irisx said:

Just to confirm I had the same issue in TDM 2.10 with

You need to physically drop it, with the 'R' key.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

7 hours ago, thebigh said:

You need to physically drop it, with the 'R' key.

No, unfortunately this doesn't work also, as MVT first reported with TDM v2.03.

The rest of the objectives seem correctly checked, I am able to finish the mission normally.

Edited by irisx