The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fidcal

Fan Mission: The Heart of Lone Salvation by Fidcal, Baddcog & Bikerdude (2010/04/02)

Ignore this obsolete post, delete if you are a moderator please.

Edited by V-Man339

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

One issue I found was

in the desk in Wickishes office there's a purse that can't be picked up even if I noclip to it

That & I couldn't figure out how to use a slow match & spent a ages messing with candles to figure it out :rolleyes:

I've managed to perfectly run the mission, relighting as many of the knocked out lights as I reasonably could.

Amazing mission, Fidcal, it's easily the most well balanced of it's scale I've played thus far.

• Like 1

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Sounds super cool, I've not seen this yet. Will look out for it i game. :D Congrats

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Sounds super cool, I've not seen this yet. Will look out for it i game. :D Congrats

It was a majestic FM in those long gone times :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Yeah this map is still the gold standard of mansion missions to me, even 8 years after release. Fidcal really did a lot to help train new mappers as well, a lot of his tutorials are still the go-to for newbies like me.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

This was also an early example of modular building, of a fashion. Many of the mansion rooms are prefabs that were re-used over and over and just decorated differently.

How do I get out of the secret room in the library? When I pick the lock, the bookcase closes and I can't find a switch to get out. I tried blocking the bookcase with a chair but it doesn't do anything.

How do I get out of the secret room in the library? When I pick the lock, the bookcase closes and I can't find a switch to get out. I tried blocking the bookcase with a chair but it doesn't do anything.

There is a switch in the room to leave it, look left of the bookcase's back.

If you really need to, check 52:50 in my video.

I love this mission, but I'm at a point where I cannot proceed. I have well over 6K loot, I've taken care of Poor Martha, I've uncovered 7 secrets, been in the rooms below Martha, nobody is left standing so I can run around unhindered while I use my lantern. But still I have no idea what to do next. I must have missed one small thing that's preventing me from going forward.

A few rooms are still locked:

1. The Interrogation room I keep hearing about. Is it one of the two barred doors? If so, how do I get in there?

2, There's a spider room? Where is that?

3. There's a locked room near the office on the top floor. I have no key for it.

4. Also, the front page of this mission as it's loading show a room with spider webs. I have not found that room yet, either.

I have evidence, but apparently not enough. Obviously this will be in the rooms I have yet to access.

Oh, and I haven't begun to work out how to get the Heart.

I could use a few spoilers, since I'm starting to get bored after a few hours of fruitless running around.

Edited by Hagatha

Wow, this is quite an old mission. I doubt there are still many around who know this mission by heart, so your best bet will be to just search this thread for the solution. I am sure it's there somewhere.

Alternatively, skim the video V-Man posted above.

• Like 1

I think this is the first time I'm legit stuck and can't find any help for a FM.

Spoiler

Where exactly do I find the housekeeper key?! I looked everywhere in every room I could unlock, including the secret area you drop in from the third floor where the sick daughter is locked. I simply can't find it anywhere though.

What is making that continuous thumping sound behind a locked prison door on the first floor? It annoys every guard who walks past and now there's three of them standing there with their swords drawn. If I end up having to go through that door later I will be most inconvenienced.

{ 0 | 🞵 }